+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Granada tips?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Granada tips?

So I was thinking of giving Granada a rag. I see you start off as a vassal of Castille so I thought great! I'll spend some decades getting my trading groove on and building up wealth and power, then strike Castille when the time is right.

Then within a month I get the event. God wills it! insta-declaration on Castille. I took out 4 loans and built up a quick 13k merc army but it was of little use against the avalanche of Castillian troops. At my best, I was able to keep 13k of their troops sieging my provinces while I looted all their provinces but at the turn of the year they used all of their census tax to make troops in every single province they owned.

So yeah, any tips would be appreciated. As always, I play on Hard mode, random lucky nations. All other settings are normal.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    And you didn't get any event prior to their declaration of way ? no ultimatum from your overlord ? odd... i'll take a look.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Ship Simulator Extremes

Code:
    # 911401 - Granada jihad against castillan overlord
    country_event = {
    	id = 911401

trigger= {
    		tag = GRA
    		exists = CAS
    		vassal_of = CAS
    		NOT = { religion = catholic }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		years = 20
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 221 #Murcia
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 224 #Andalucνa
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 225 #Cσrdoba
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 226 #Mαlaga
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 227 #Jaιn
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			owns = 2311 #Cαdiz
    		}
    	}

title = "EVTNAME911401" # Al-Andalus Jihad
    	desc = "EVTDESC911401" # For too long, we have grown weak. Time has come to change the tides of war, and reconquer our former glory.

option = {
    		name = "DEUSVULT" # Deus vult
    		war = CAS
    	}
    }

This event fires on January 20th 1356 like clockwork as Granada.

EDIT: Just played on 5.2 and I don't have this problem. Guess I'll see what I can do about these events in the files.
    Last edited by DDRJake; 13-11-2011 at 18:44.

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Yes, Fuzzbug added a trigger to the event to avoid player to be forced into a war.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Ship Simulator Extremes

I've finally upgraded to 5.2 now

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Should be better
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

I've never felt so accomplished. I won the war for my freedom against Castille, France, England, Genoa, Portugal and all their vassals.

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Re-Reconquista!
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Ship Simulator Extremes

Granadaaaaaaaaaa!

This is a lot of fun.

What is that purple Venice over the Ottomans?

Oh, and congratz!

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Less that 150 years for the Deconquista ? looks too easy then
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by leppuno View Post
    What is that purple Venice over the Ottomans?

Oh, and congratz!
    Tarnovo, their subject

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Less that 150 years for the Deconquista ? looks too easy then
    You're a funny guy!

I think I'm done here. From this point on it's not really different from playing Spain except being a constant crusade target. I could go on a conquering spree but I've done that enough times before. Any ideas for a new game?

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    You're a funny guy!
    I try, i try... but as you can see, i seldom succeed
    •

For your next game I would like to see the free city of Koln taking control of Germany. I had a fun little bit as that but my game crashed after a long play session and I had my motivation crushed. (no autosaves coz of lag).

Would love to see you succeed.

EDIT: Alternatively, a world conquest with Hawaii would be fun to see but probably very boring to play.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Nah, world conquests or even large conquests get real old real soon; I'm not a fan of having more then ~70 provinces. I already played as The Free City of Ulm and managed to form Germany so I'm not keen for another HRE game any time soon.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Cyprus, aiming to recreate the Kingdom of Jerusalem ?
    •

I was thinking of home rules for challenges and sorta came up with this one.
    The Autobahns:
    -Play as OTT, do not form TUR
    -Expand to historical borders
    -Never build any other building than what is on the road line
    -Always only fully invest in trade tech in order to get the next set of roads available, this also means no minting or investing in stability

Currently playing a game trying to form indonesia from Aceh. Its a fun little game and in a region that tends to be fairly neglected (at least from what it appears in the forums). It may be too easy for you if you have taken both Granada and Ulm to greatness but the region has alot of fun and the focus on naval matters away from Europe is a welcome change for me.

Also, I would love to see what you can do. of course, now that I think about it, you recently did a Japan game so the region is more familiar to you. but who knows. Different perspective.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I do love me an interesting challenge and I'm glad to take requests, as odd a thing as that sounds. I think my favourite thing to do is to make an empire that I can scroll out from, take a screen shot and go "damn that looks nice" That's what I had in mind for Granada and Greece, and for just getting "The Free City Of Ulm" text to appear on the world map. The only thing irking me in Granada are those 2 or 3 iberian provinces held by France. I want to westernise and grind his country into dust but I just can't seem to fall far enough behind in tech whenever I play muslim/oriental tech. I can still beat him with my vastly powerful human AI but damn do I want to westernise!

Once (if) I polish up Granada I'll have a look at what I can do as Cyprus. Thing is, if I do hugely successful as a joke nation, I really do not want to form a new nation even when the benifit is huge. Forming Germany as Ulm felt horrible and I refused to form Byzantium as Epirus even though those cores looked lovely.

You -can- form KoJ as Cyprus right? I tend to avoid that land like the plague.

EDIT:
    Code:
    country_decisions = {

kingdom_of_jerusalem = {
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { tag = CYP }

EDIT2:
    Code:
    	become_kingdom_of_jerusalem = {
    		potential = {
    			tag = CYP
    			NOT = { exists = KJR }
    			religion = catholic
    			government = monarchy
    			owns = 379
    			NOT = { is_religion_enabled = protestant }
    		}
    		allow = {
    			officials = 4
    			war = no
    			papal_influence = 0.1
    			379 = { religion = catholic }
    		}
    		effect = {
    			officials = -4
    			prestige = 0.25
    			KJR = { 
    				add_core = 2634 #Ghazza
    				add_core = 2635	#Ha-Jalil
    				add_core = 364	#Nablus
    				add_core = 379	#Al-Quds
    			}
    			change_tag = KJR
    			primary_culture = frankish
    			capital = 379
    			379 = {
    				change_province_name = "Jerusalem"
    				rename_capital = "Jerusalem"
    			 }
    			add_idea = divine_supremacy
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 0
    		}
    	}

It all becomes clear now.

You should probably do some self-modding if you play Cyprus to actually make them catholic and French in culture, since they are Greek Orthodox right now. No idea if you can form the KoJ though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast