+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PDM 4.4.2 download/ feedback thread.

PDM 4.4.2 download/ feedback thread.

checksum HBSF

Download: http://filesmelt.com/dl/PDM.4_.4_.2_.rar

Alt D/L: http://www.mediafire.com/?71ly5k666hcmrb1

1) Install Victoria II (if you don't have it already-- if you do, and it's been patched, skip to #4).
    2) Patch to 1.3. (I usually make a copy of the game directory at this point).
    3) Unzip the 1.4beta (currently 26 September) package over your Victoria II directory. *IMPORTANT*
    4) Unzip the current PDM version over your main VicII directory. Overwrite existing files (this can be done over previously existing versions of PDM).
    5) Delete the contents of Victoria II\map\cache (this is necessary the first time you load only).
    6) Download a copy of Monster Magnet's Power Trip - the whole album. You'll thank yourself for it later.
    7) Start Victoria, let it rebuild the map cache.
    8) Start the game again. Compare the checksum to make sure you've installed correctly.
    Last edited by Rylock; 16-11-2011 at 16:52.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

I guess Skyrim wasn't all that engaging?
    Anarchist Paradoxian | Slavic Paradoxian

1 Clerk
    Nationality: Colonial Ruthenian
    Ideology: Anarchist/Pan-Slavic
    Issues: Eradication of Scarcity/Singularity
    Consciousness: -2.62 (+0.01)
    Violent Rampage Chance: 3% (-0.01)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Thank you putting some time aside from your Skyrim playing. Fallout: New Vegas is giving me problems so I'll return to this game for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaromir View Post
    I guess Skyrim wasn't all that engaging?
    Skyrim took over my universe for 6 hours last night, so I decided I had to put out 4.4.2 before I'd let myself touch it again, or else it would never happen...
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

About the Clergymen not giving RPs anymore.
    Were those 2 RP points just transferred to an other pop type or it's meant to slow research down in general ?
    It really makes it hard to research anything as Persia, Egypt or Dai Nam for example, is that intended ?

I've tried a few run-throughs playing as Spain, starting off of a save from 1860 played on the last patch. Sometime in the 1870s, something happens and for one reason or another I can't declare war; I don't have any CBs other than liberate and free people. I'm not sure as to why it's happening but I do notice that the only time I can ever use a NF on Puerto Rico is when I can no longer use CBs. I had the checksum HBSF.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by EMT0 View Post
    I've tried a few run-throughs playing as Spain, starting off of a save from 1860 played on the last patch. Sometime in the 1870s, something happens and for one reason or another I can't declare war; I don't have any CBs other than liberate and free people. I'm not sure as to why it's happening but I do notice that the only time I can ever use a NF on Puerto Rico is when I can no longer use CBs. I had the checksum HBSF.
    Do you have a Pacifist government in power? For Spain, I believe there's a liberal party that appears in the 1860's which is Pacifist (though the earlier one also sticks around). If that gets into power, you simply won't be able to declare war except in certain cases (like the Free People wargoal).

The NF in Puerto Rico may be the result of a vanilla issue with shared regions-- if an AI country already has a NF on their portion of the region, then you won't be able to apply one to yours. There's no other reason I can think of which would otherwise prevent you.

Should I treat the "live" version of 4.4.2 as being in my hands now, Naselus?

It's a bit off-topic, but can I form the NGF without SWH in my sphere or owning the territories? I know there's the Denmark-SWH event chain in 1848, that lets Denmark annex SWH and release it again as a vassal. I suppose the 1863 event chain with the November constitution has something to do with forming the German Empire and the Brother's War?

I guess the wording in the form NGF decision is a bit confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by F-Guy View Post
    It's a bit off-topic, but can I form the NGF without SWH in my sphere or owning the territories? I know there's the Denmark-SWH event chain in 1848, that lets Denmark annex SWH and release it again as a vassal. I suppose the 1863 event chain with the November constitution has something to do with forming the German Empire and the Brother's War?

I guess the wording in the form NGF decision is a bit confusing...
    Since Schleswig-Holstein is a North German country, no, you need it in your sphere or you need to own its territory. If it's in your sphere, it must also not be a vassal. If you don't stop Denmark from turning it back into a vassal in 1848, the November Constitution event later will make Denmark annex it completely and you'll have your chance then (meaning you can either invade or sphere Denmark itself).

Failing that, there's a secondary decision to form the NGF once you invent Revolutions & Counter-Revolutions which lets you ignore North German provinces so long as they are owned by a non-German country... so if Denmark owned Schleswig-Holstein and France still owned Alsace-Lorraine, you wouldn't need those provinces in order to become NGF. You would, however, still need the existing North German countries sphered.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm getting a CTD, when I try to load a game, at 'adapting history'.

Any idea why? Thanks
    We're still flying

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    I'm getting a CTD, when I try to load a game, at 'adapting history'.

Any idea why? Thanks
    Are you getting the correct checksum? Have you installed the latest beta patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Do you have a Pacifist government in power? For Spain, I believe there's a liberal party that appears in the 1860's which is Pacifist (though the earlier one also sticks around). If that gets into power, you simply won't be able to declare war except in certain cases (like the Free People wargoal).

The NF in Puerto Rico may be the result of a vanilla issue with shared regions-- if an AI country already has a NF on their portion of the region, then you won't be able to apply one to yours. There's no other reason I can think of which would otherwise prevent you.
    Oh........damn do I feel stupid :/

Thanks for the heads up though. I won't have to ragequit my game after all.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Are you getting the correct checksum? Have you installed the latest beta patch?
    Yes, patch 1.4 26 September and checksum HBSF.
    We're still flying

I thought Ireland was going to stop having colonial state status in this release.

Starting up a game as Spain, I thought it was interesting to note that in 1838, all but 1 of the pops supporting the Carlists did so because they had majority desire for slavery and universal weighted voting. Despite this reform desire far outstripping the national average, they were strongly reactionary and only 1 of them had even a tiny amount of liberal sentiment. Also, seeing as there is a seperate tag to represent Carlist Spain, could the Comunion Carlista be renamed to something else? Maybe "Comunion Apostˇlicos"?
    Last edited by keynes2.0; 12-11-2011 at 22:28.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Archam View Post
    About the Clergymen not giving RPs anymore.
    Were those 2 RP points just transferred to an other pop type or it's meant to slow research down in general ?
    It really makes it hard to research anything as Persia, Egypt or Dai Nam for example, is that intended ?
    I'm wondering about that too, and btw ; also I'm wondering if the good % of clergymen changed from vanilla of if its still 4% ?

Stupid question, I'm sorry; but is it save-game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    Yes, patch 1.4 26 September and checksum HBSF.
    Then I'm not sure what you've done wrong. With only the fact that it quits out during the History portion, all I could conjecture is that you've got a conflict with the country history files (cores that don't have countries or countries that don't have history files). Are you trying to load an old save game? Shouldn't be a problem unless it's from too many versions ago.

Beyond that, all I can suggest is a clean re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    Stupid question, I'm sorry; but is it save-game compatible?
    If it's a save from the last version, then yes-- I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by keynes2.0 View Post
    Starting up a game as Spain, I thought it was interesting to note that in 1838, all but 1 of the pops supporting the Carlists did so because they had majority desire for slavery and universal weighted voting. Despite this reform desire far outstripping the national average, they were strongly reactionary and only 1 of them had even a tiny amount of liberal sentiment.
    Pops at the beginning of the game have their weightings magnified-- so a pop that is highly militant will be pushed towards reactionary. Being reactionary, I can understand the desire for slavery... but universal weighted voting? It's weird. Maybe it's because they're only accepted pops? I'll take a look at it.

Also, seeing as there is a seperate tag to represent Carlist Spain, could the Comunion Carlista be renamed to something else? Maybe "Comunion Apostˇlicos"?
    Makes sense, sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast