• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(226921)

Banned
4 Badges
Sep 14, 2010
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Sword of the Stars
As the topic title suggests, this is a thread where we can put our ideas for various preorder bonuses we can get for CK2. My idea is fairly small, but perhaps not for the poor servers at Paradox forums ;).

My idea is one for avatars, but not just your standard, run of the mill, premade avatar. Instead, you could build your own avatar using CK2's genetics. In other words, instead of having premade faces for you to select as your avatar like with EU3 (except in 3D, of course), you'd instead have a choice of noses, eyes, jaw types, cheek types, etc. However the DNA system works is basically what you'd have to work with.

Again, it might be a bit of an unrealistic desire given server loads or any number of other issues that could pop up, but I think if it is possible it'd be a very nice bonus to give us.

Regards,

The Great

DLC at launch is a terrible thing! If it was ready by then, then it should be included in the game, not as DLC!

That free DLC doesn't have to be at launch, customer who preordered just will be able to download first (or even second ;)) DLC immediately after the release of the mentioned DLC. That's a good idea, but I agree with you that launch DLCs seem like milking customers and I don't like them.

I think it's great how the PI fans are so opinionated and willing to offer up their ideas. And their adult about it and the ideas are brilliant!

Personally I would agree that an ideal pre-order perk would be the extra music they're working on.

Whatever it is, hopefully it doesn't get botched like the Sengoku-facebook debacle. But the idea of a little bit of bling or something special to show-off in the forums would be nice. A little custom avatar or something totally superficial that just lets people flaunt their 'preorderiness'.

Possibilities for me: music as DLC, opening the possibility to discover some big island west of Iceland (maybe even two: Vinland), a special building in ONE province you own ("the PI year market", +... gold or +... % in that province), and undoubtedly others that either have been mentioned already or not.

Access to beta after pre-order would also be good, I would second the idea of paying extra to do so!!! And I'm not talking an extra 5 Euros, an extra 15-20 would be fine by me!! Couldn't care less about the potential bugs or that it would still be unfinished, its a beta for a reason!!! Could then contribute to the final stages and make a few lets play vids encouraging more purchases of what will be a fine game, spread the word as much as possible and help make Paradox more revenue not from just the extra money, but from getting more people to buy the game!!! Feel free someone from Paradox to PM me with a lovely beta download link with hand ready for the cash and legal agreement to spread the word!!! Won't happen though lol! Can only wish, damn these impatient people!!!

Now I have woken up from dreaming, I would suggest a small rise in price for those who haven't pre-ordered, or some in game eye candy sprite pack.

Last edited: