+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for preorder bonuses

Ideas for preorder bonuses

As the topic title suggests, this is a thread where we can put our ideas for various preorder bonuses we can get for CK2. My idea is fairly small, but perhaps not for the poor servers at Paradox forums .

My idea is one for avatars, but not just your standard, run of the mill, premade avatar. Instead, you could build your own avatar using CK2's genetics. In other words, instead of having premade faces for you to select as your avatar like with EU3 (except in 3D, of course), you'd instead have a choice of noses, eyes, jaw types, cheek types, etc. However the DNA system works is basically what you'd have to work with.

Again, it might be a bit of an unrealistic desire given server loads or any number of other issues that could pop up, but I think if it is possible it'd be a very nice bonus to give us.

Regards,

The Great

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My pre-order bonus would be knowing I'm safely getting the game.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

early-access beta :P

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoverMan View Post

This isn't a bad idea. Red Orchestra 2 did this.

Of course, one then possibly considers that RO2 had one hell of a terrible launch, but that wasn't due to poor beta testing.

Regards,

The Great

Some free DLC would be great.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by zonkie View Post
    Maybe that music DLC they are working on?
    Ohh My Herregud!

Quote Originally Posted by zonkie View Post
    Honestly, I'd prefer this to saving a few bucks.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club

DLC at launch is a terrible thing! If it was ready by then, then it should be included in the game, not as DLC!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Cromelex View Post
    DLC at launch is a terrible thing! If it was ready by then, then it should be included in the game, not as DLC!
    Personally I agree. I would rather have a soundtrack or something like that.

Arstotzkan Immigration Officer PreXident's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Cromelex View Post
    That free DLC doesn't have to be at launch, customer who preordered just will be able to download first (or even second ) DLC immediately after the release of the mentioned DLC. That's a good idea, but I agree with you that launch DLCs seem like milking customers and I don't like them.
    Traits: Lazy, Skeptical, Stressed, Hopeless Spender, University Education
    Bohemian Atheist
    Courtier in Republic of Bohemia
    DNA: 04080401150509

Paradox Points: 530 (including No Trail of Tears)
    The Fall of the Wall - MyMap 1989 Mod for For the Glory (suspended, but updated to FtG 1.3, continued by Nein)
    EU4 Save Game Replayer - java utility for replaying save games (1.6 released)

Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

The only thing I'd want is rights to beta test the expansions as they come out

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think it's great how the PI fans are so opinionated and willing to offer up their ideas. And their adult about it and the ideas are brilliant!

Personally I would agree that an ideal pre-order perk would be the extra music they're working on.

Whatever it is, hopefully it doesn't get botched like the Sengoku-facebook debacle. But the idea of a little bit of bling or something special to show-off in the forums would be nice. A little custom avatar or something totally superficial that just lets people flaunt their 'preorderiness'.

This and only this. I'd pay extra money to have early access at this point.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Custom Coats of Arms?
    "You must feel very humble and awkward in my presence," he said. "Yes, sir," managed Ward.
    "Then you can imagine how humble and awkward I feel in yours,"[/CENTER][/B][/I]

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

Possibilities for me: music as DLC, opening the possibility to discover some big island west of Iceland (maybe even two: Vinland), a special building in ONE province you own ("the PI year market", +... gold or +... % in that province), and undoubtedly others that either have been mentioned already or not.
    The FaliAAR Series - Afghanistan - [I]a HOI2 / Arm To be replaced by a HOI3 version.
    Soon (?) to come: AARchangel - A Mega Campaign

I think the best bonus they can give us is to treat us like customers and not try to rip us off with the DLC scheme like most studios

I like this idea, I can't wait to play the game, and some early access would definitely make me pre-order it.

Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thought I'd revive this thread so I could ask, was it ever determined what (if anything) would be the pre-order bonus?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

Access to beta after pre-order would also be good, I would second the idea of paying extra to do so!!! And I'm not talking an extra 5 Euros, an extra 15-20 would be fine by me!! Couldn't care less about the potential bugs or that it would still be unfinished, its a beta for a reason!!! Could then contribute to the final stages and make a few lets play vids encouraging more purchases of what will be a fine game, spread the word as much as possible and help make Paradox more revenue not from just the extra money, but from getting more people to buy the game!!! Feel free someone from Paradox to PM me with a lovely beta download link with hand ready for the cash and legal agreement to spread the word!!! Won't happen though lol! Can only wish, damn these impatient people!!!

Now I have woken up from dreaming, I would suggest a small rise in price for those who haven't pre-ordered, or some in game eye candy sprite pack.
    Last edited by Edmund Ironside; 10-01-2012 at 11:59.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast