• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[britney fan voice]Leave Hull alooone![/britney fan voice]

there is nothing wrong with hull :D

what about rally point for ships?

its a land army only thing. ships already gather in ports and we have plans to limit things so we get more historical amounts of ships. eg no 250 dreadnought when historically Britain had like 20-30.

love these improvements.

No longer shall I back down from a world war for fear of carpal tunnel syndrome..

pastylegs.gif

Happy Dance!

A number of excellent improvements for managing armies, and the leader prestige thing is a nice addition. However, are we likely to see a new military score system, so that it actually reflects the military ability of the nation? The present score calculations for both industry and military leave a lot to be desired.

A number of excellent improvements for managing armies, and the leader prestige thing is a nice addition. However, are we likely to see a new military score system, so that it actually reflects the military ability of the nation? The present score calculations for both industry and military leave a lot to be desired.

yes and no. I want to improve it, but its not really there to be an accurate representation of their power in war (the ai never looks at military score when deciding war for example). Stuff like deadnaughts did historically count a lot more than their actual power in war because they became a symbol of might

In fact, very nice changes in the handling of the military.

But I have always found, that org isn't too important. Especially compared to +deff/att modifiers. I therefore see the leader-prestige as a nice bonus with limited impact. But no reason to not replace the generals as needed. Especially, when there are no major changes in fighting, on the one hand, a greater consideration of technology, org and morale and on the other hand to weaken individual factors such as luck, + att. This is my army, this is my military-industrial complex ;)

Last edited:
Very interesting! So a big navy doesn't necessarily protect you from DOWs.

it helps, but if you are neighbors its not going to matter as much compared to land power.

I like the prestige for the leaders, it gives them more personality. I would like also some mechanism for the leaders to become part of rebel forces. For example: if a leader is a jacobin and there is a jacobin rebellion, the leader could join the revolution, with a chance for the trops under his command (even other leaders) to join him depending of his prestige. This could be a good reason for not to upset the army and choose the decisions carefuly. Maybe this could be a first step towards military coup events?

Newly constructed units will head to their closest rally point and merge with the army there automatically (up to supply limit size). The merging is togglable if you prefer to organize yourself but defaults to on.
So suppose a province has a supply limit of 60. Troops gather there and an army of 60 is formed. As new armies arrive, do they gather in that province and stay as a single army or stop at the province before? If they stop in the province before, will they move to the rally province is the army of 60 is removed?
  • When reorganizing units there is a quick shortcut button that will balance out your units for you in an even split.
  • All unit lists have been rewritten to give a massive boost in performance (includes reorganization windows) and will no longer be a chore to use with many units.
Is this like EU3's split in half option?
Any details on the other changes?

Also whats the expected release date for this?

So suppose a province has a supply limit of 60. Troops gather there and an army of 60 is formed. As new armies arrive, do they gather in that province and stay as a single army or stop at the province before? If they stop in the province before, will they move to the rally province is the army of 60 is removed?

Is this like EU3's split in half option?
Any details on the other changes?

Also whats the expected release date for this?

- if you hit the limit it will no longer join that unit and will start gathering a new one. its up to you as a player to move the one there for being over limit which isnt so bad because you can see it in the outliner for your rally points when this happens.
- like EU3 split, but done during reorg so you can move stuff about.
- what other changes do you want details on. stuff I havent talked about will be in future dev diaries but feel free to ask about stuff we already announced. Implementation wise we are about 1-3 weeks ahead of diaries depending on the feature which is why I wont talk about everything at once because the design and ideas might end up not working and we have to change it during actual implementation (this happens sometimes)
- release is about jan 24th.

Just need the AI to raise its military budget and use national focus on troops if they get really hammered on soldier pops. Silly seeing the US with 7 brigades and a 25% budget or france/prussia etc be hammered and never rebuild their standing army for like 25 years. Unless fixed and I missed it. :ninja:

Just need the AI to raise its military budget and use national focus on troops if they get really hammered on soldier pops. Silly seeing the US with 7 brigades and a 25% budget or france/prussia etc be hammered and never rebuild their standing army for like 25 years. Unless fixed and I missed it. :ninja:

I'm not saying 7 brigades is right but for the vast majority of this period the US had a tiny, tiny army.

With the new sprites for different army composition, what's going to determine which sprite is used? Will it be based on the number of units of a given type in the stack, the most advanced unit, something else?

I'm not saying 7 brigades is right but for the vast majority of this period the US had a tiny, tiny army.

Yes, 7 units is just silly. A quick check of Kennedy's Rise and fall shows that the US army in 1880 was 36,000 men, so 12 units would be much more historically accurate :D

With the new sprites for different army composition, what's going to determine which sprite is used? Will it be based on the number of units of a given type in the stack, the most advanced unit, something else?

both but weighted on their strength. we are still working on it so its not final.

both but weighted on their strength. we are still working on it so its not final.

Can't you use the same system of the purchasable spritepacks?
Not that I ever understood it, since the skin each army got seemed pretty random when mixed divisions existed.