+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintain the Monarchy: The Tsar Demands It!

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

Maintain the Monarchy: The Tsar Demands It!

A new icon, a new title, a new thread… What else could it mean but a new AAR? I guess it could mean that I was tired of my status at Paradox as an idler or I was bored spending my time wondering why I couldn't find my “soul mate” in an 18 year olds eyes… Why must they age? I tell them not to but they do it anyway. They’re so selfish!

Actually, this isn’t that kind of AAR. Its one of them sophistimicated gameplay types. You’ll get to see all the important events I come across, all revolution movements, military moves, construction… basically it’s a breakdown of the game much like I had accomplished with my Maintain the Monarchy edition in Victoria I. And since this is a direct rip off from my idea in Victoria, I’m going to hand down the same rules with a few exceptions.

The Rule Summary:

No cheating/reloading
    No other government will be allowed to form
    Cannot enact social reforms or laws
    Play on Very Hard
    If you want to suggest other rules/limitations then feel free.

The alterations I made from my past game are:

The difficulty in Victoria I was “Hard”
    I permitted the allowance of other one party governments. For the sake of Victoria II, the Monarchy is the only government which will be allowed to remain. If my government is overthrown then its game over… as is the AAR.

Goals:

I’ll want to sphere China if only for the decision…
    I’ll want to keep Germany from forming…
    Balkanize Austria just for fun
    Ottoman Empire, it was nice knowing you
    Greatest navy in the world
    End as #1 in the world
    Goals below were submitted by the peanut gallery
    Release the Philippines as a Russian puppet
    Free Manhattan and have them rule the Northeast
    Take these golden provinces

Some Notes:

Ending as #1 as a major power may be easy for some but I don’t power game. I’m an impulsive player and if I feel like annexing Hawaii, then I’m going to annex Hawaii.

And sure, I wanted to wait for VIP and the latest patch but I don’t think either are going to happen for a while. Maybe I’ll try this again in another couple of years or maybe sooner with another country.

Expect an update about once a week. If I find some free time hopefully I’ll be able to do more. First update will be up sometime this weekend.

Chapter titles? Yeah, we’ll have them. Although this time I’ll use titles from any genre.

If you want to find my original Maintain the Monarchy AAR - what I consider to be my best AAR - its in my Inkwell.

Lastly if you couldn't tell, I'll be playing as Russia. Don't know where that is? Buy a plane ticket to Alaska.

Are You Ready For The Fallout?
    Fire Your Guns
    Maintain the Pain
    I Can
    Alone Again (Naturally)
    Naughty Naughty Christmas
    Loaded Mutha
    In The Hands Of Time
    Straight Through The Heart
    Isn't It Enough
    I Stand Alone
    House of Wolves
    Her Old Stomping Grounds
    On The Road Again
    Don't Take Your Guns To Town
    The Best Way To Travel
    All Nighter Comin'
    Russian Roulette
    Stray Cat Strut
    House Of Pain
    Sledgehammer
    Holding On For Eight
    The End Is Coming
    Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
    Chasing Pirates
    Gimme
    Stay Frosty
    Give It To Me Strait
    A New Coat Of Paint
    Keep On
    That Ain't Enough
    Back For More
    Smokestack Lightning
    Real Mean Bottle
    Notorious
    Look Who's Back From Town
    Rebel Yell
    Mean Bone
    Hang Tough
    Tug Of War
    The End
    I Can't Keep This From You
    Might Get Lucky
    What's Up With That
    Anastasia
    Surrender To Your Kings
    Postcard From Paris
    Out Go The Lights
    Last edited by Brandenburg III; 30-06-2013 at 02:58.
    My Ink Well updated 30 June 2013 Contains AARs, Mods and Projects

HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

First Lieutenant Vaya con Queso's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Oh man, if this is anything like "Decline of Western Civilization (Part IV)," then I sense comedic gold incoming =)

Impulsive Russia is best Russia!

Unrepentant Literal Democrat Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    By laws you mean political reforms right? Just checking. As for other limitations, how about only using one political party for the entire game?
    So Close to God: An Empire of Mexico AAR
    A New PDM Mexico AAR for Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Sounds good. I'm in.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

Me too.
    The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

"Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"
    Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries
    What about as a rule . . .

"You shall release the Philippines as a Russian puppet."

. . . and . . .

"You shall release Poland and Finland at the beginning of the game."(just for fun!)
    HoI2Geek/IEPH, The Greatest Man in the Universe

My Mods and AARs (currently active): IG(Mod), PNW II(Mod), RotE - tRB(AAR)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makararating sa paroroonan."(One who does not learn to look back to where he came from, will never get to where he is going.) -Filipino proverb

Free Manhattan, and make them rule the whole Northeast (New England, Mass, New York, Penn., Maryland, and Delaware)

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour

Blog Entries
    Can you annex or vasalize Japan before it becomes great power? Pretty plz!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Leave poor isolationist Japan alone. D:

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks like I'm fashionably late but still on time. Good. Remember to bring the whisky with the first update...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Vaya con Queso: It’ll be more like a regular gameplay AAR. However, I’m still writing it

Tanzhang: Yeah, by laws I mean no reforms or anything of any kind. And I’m already keeping with the one political party. I recall in Vik I w/ VIP there was an event that switched my government but we’re sticking with only one government this game.

JDMS & Mr. Santiago: Me three.

hoi2geek: Sure, I can add the Philippines to my goal which always has a little soft spot for me… as for Poland, I’m going to be keeping territory, refusing to give up anything if I can help it.

Omega124: I don’t know how that situation may play out. As the years went on in my Spain game, I was having quite a tough time against the US until 1900 when they simply outmatched my military units in every way. I expect them to have a high quality and populous army but we’ll see what we can do.

Alizon & Sakura_F: It seems we have a tie concerning Japan… tiebreaker anyone? If there isn’t a tiebreaker than I’ll be left to my own devices, making a decision as the game plays out.

aldriq: If there’s one thing the P’dox forums lack, its fashion… so… you’re just late I’ve actually been horribly sober these last few months. Maybe its time for a break? And, coincidentally, vodka is cheaper where I live.

This Update’s Observation:
    American and European girls are okay but once they arrive at a certain age, they’re carrying more diseases than a 16th century rat.

The toughest part about an AAR is getting that first post out of the way… and pushing through the initial addictive hours of Skyrim (Khajiit FTW.) But now that the initial moves are out of the way I can get this first post out and we can start playing around.

To start I’m shoving all my influence into China. Its going to make the game much easier, I think there’s an event that goes with it and it’ll keep the UK from sweeping Asia into its sphere. Also on day 1 I sent alliance offers to France, Persia, and Prussia; began Freedom of Trade research; spent my NF’s for capitalists in Tver and Novgorod while all my troops were sent southward.

Below are a few pictures of the beginning moves. I should mention that after the first month I lowered the military spending to about 50%.

Since it’s the start of the game I also had some units to build. 12 cavalry and 13 infantry were instantly set for construction. I don’t know how many ships I’m going to build yet. It’ll really depend on my first war, its outcome and my allies reactions.

A few days after starting the timer a slew of nations accepted my offers of alliance, and I accepted some of theirs. As of 3 January I was allied with France, Persia, Prussia, Serbia, the Netherlands, and Sardinia-Piedmont.

Roughly three weeks later Prussia predictably declared war on Denmark but thankfully didn’t call me in. One month later Portugal asked for an alliance which I accepted and I received the Discriminatory School System event.

As the months continued I became cordial with China, I allied with Greece and a “Gold Rush” occurred in Yakutat.

At the start of July most of my troops and ships had settled into place.

Another 9k are on their way from Asia to this area.

My plans are to attack the Ottoman Empire around late 1836/early 1837. As it stands now they’re allied with Austria however all my allies are “Likely” or “Very Likely” to go along with me in a war against the Ottoman Empire except for Persia who is a “Maybe.”

Population: 15.33
    Cash: 18.73k

Let me know if there are any other stats you would like to see at the end of every update.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandenburg III View Post
    Omega124: I don’t know how that situation may play out. As the years went on in my Spain game, I was having quite a tough time against the US until 1900 when they simply outmatched my military units in every way. I expect them to have a high quality and populous army but we’ll see what we can do.
    If you can't tell, I'm sort of a New York nationalist. Can't help myself.

Anyways, I wish you good luck, and I suggest you switch to reactionary and start industrializing from the start. Not a rule admendment, just a suggestion you can take.

Unrepentant Literal Democrat Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega124 View Post
    Anyways, I wish you good luck, and I suggest you switch to reactionary and start industrializing from the start. Not a rule admendment, just a suggestion you can take.
    A reactionary ruling party would make sense story wise too, no?
    So Close to God: An Empire of Mexico AAR
    A New PDM Mexico AAR for Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

take every gold province in the game You'll have to go places
    "Now theatres are a very special animal..."

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Show us your rubles! I'm interested to see how much debt you end up piling up in your militaristic adventures

Are you overseas again? I can't imagine anywhere in mainland US selling vodka cheaper than whiskey...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Russia, bullying the Ottomans in every single game. :P

Blog Entries
    Omega124: That’s okay. A little nationalism never hurt anybody.

Tanzhang: Are you trying to spark a reaction from me?

Juan_de_Marco: I’d need someone to count up how many gold provinces there are then see how many gold provinces there are in Russia. Then I could place a countdown at the bottom of each update

aldriq:
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq
    Show us your rubles!
    Are you hitting on me? Consider my cash rubles

Actually for now I’m north of the Mason-Dixon and will be until about May. After that I may be in southeast Asia for a month or two. Back to the vodka: Its just there’s a really awful vodka but there’s plenty of it and very cheap, 8 USD if I recall correctly.

ncm: Bullying is such a harsh word… Call it a ‘redistribution of wealth.’

This Update’s Observation:
    A few years ago when deciding which to study, French or Russian, I ultimately opted for French. Who wants to learn a dead language?

I’ve finally been able to sit down and play a little while the other night. The war is a little long so I’m going to break it up into two pieces or maybe three depending on how much I need to write and how many pictures need to be posted. At the end of the war I’ll provide casualties and ships lost but always remember, I cannot account for attrition.

Toward the end of July I dropped Military Spending to 0% since I’m going to need the cash later on. And three times between August and September Bavaria rejected my alliance offer. What I wanted to have was a counter-balance to Austria in case she entered the war and Prussia declined to come to my aid. As a side note a gold rush occurred in Sitka (which always reminds me of Latka’s girlfriend -Simka- in Taxi.)

Late October I became friendly with China, Bavaria rejected another alliance and I set all taxes to 90% while my National Stockpile was set at 17%.

Toward the end of November Montenegro rejected my offer of alliance. It really made me want to annex those ungrateful bastards. Continuing into December, on the 9th I raised the National Stockpile to 50% which resulted with me losing on average $500 a day. Twenty days later I received an Ambassador Insulted event with the US. I’ll play nice for now until I get a few things under control at home.

2 January 1837 I declared war on the Ottoman Empire. The alliances broke down in places. Russia*, Prussia, Persia, Serbia, Greece, and Sardinia-Piedmont V. Ottoman Empire, Wallachia, and Moldavia. Therefore France, Portugal and a few other states left the alliance. I pushed my National Stockpile up to 100% and got my war on.

Divisions Ships
    46 25 OE
    70 77 Russia

Planned Maneuvers on 2 January 1837

My invasions of Wallachia and Moldavia began as predicted while a small battle broke out in Galatia against those small puppets. At the same time, a naval battle broke out at the Sea of Mamara. I mobilized on 14 January for good measure. Why waste perfectly good soldiers when we have the serf?

I ultimately won against Moldavia and Wallachia in Gallati, while losing the sea battle. Both myself and the Ottoman Empire lost three ships so it was a wash. Anyway, I have more ships so if we can trade ship for ship, that’s a positive road I’m willing to take for now.

Following the fleeing Moldavian army into Iasi I was able to destroy their only army while I merged both of my fleets in a Greek port.

Through February I laid two more sieges in Braila (Wallachia) and Kars while decimating a recently mobilized OE unit in Ardahan. Bucharest was inhabited toward the end of the month while I defeated and followed a Wallachain army, destroying them in Silistre on 6 March. Both Moldavia and Wallachia were now without armies. Sieges were laid in Silistre and Varna.

Later in March Batum, Ardahan and Erzerum were all under siege by Russian troops. And Austria had declined an invitation to join my illustrious alliance.

1 April 1837

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    What's your goal for the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandenburg III View Post
    Omega124: That’s okay. A little nationalism never hurt anybody.

Sorry, had to.

I'm not concerned about this war at all. Russia has the second-largest army at the start, and can easily train more. You can win by the end of this in-game year if you don't care about casualties.

Researching Breech-Loaders and then building stacks of gaurds upon gaurds will enable you to kill about everyone. OP but fun.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I still say no bullying poor Japan. The Japanese AI in Vic2 is crap anyway. I haven't seen Japan do ANYTHING unless I *was* Japan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast