• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, good luck :p May Bishamon give you divine protection :p

Still, Cathar or Ikko Ikki, the professionals tend to win against them. Poor peasants.

They knew what they were getting into, that's what happens when you don't pay your taxes! :)

Milites, your aars never let down. Intriguing story, rich in detail, eye-candy graphics, well-explained intricacies if the Sengoku mod mechanics. Inspirational!

How did you get around the pirate spawns at the begining of the game? These have always put me off playing a Japanese minor in MMU.

Excellent! Two groups of would-be traitors to the Uesagi Shugo brought down by the endless storm of the warriors the Uesagi and left to rot in the fields they had been so terribly beaten in. These victories must not be the last the Uesagi should know this year! Quickly, to Echigo! A province divided by nobles and possibly infected with the sympathizers of the Ikko Ikki must know the full-power of Akisada.

If only Akisada just had to worry about the Ikko... However, something far more potent in its danger is scuttling around in the shadows of Kyoto.

Pure Land is more or less the Japanese version of the White Lotus movement, so you know, you might have dodged a bullet there. Look at what they did to the Yuan :p

Still, Cathar or Ikko Ikki, the professionals tend to win against them. Poor peasants.

Well, in this instance I was rather lucky to have them confined to just Kozuke and Echigo. However, compared to the insidious retainers of Kozuke, the True Pure Land uprising was far more difficult to fight, four battles against a rebel army is rather a lot in Japan. An Ikko revolt in a time of war, when the clan's forces are abroad fighting enemy families in other fiefs such a threat can be fatal to the reigning shugo.

The really interesting thing about the Ikko, historically speaking, is that they were rather successful at curbing Samurai influence and had a highly sophisticated communication system. They even managed to trap Nobunaga by combining congregations from two surrounding provinces!

Well, good luck May Bishamon give you divine protection

Domo :D

This AAR inspired me to start my own game as Uesugi. Thank you very much, Sengoku really gives a unique experience! Keep up the awesome story.

Thank you! Japan is apparently a far too overlooked part of MM.

They knew what they were getting into, that's what happens when you don't pay your taxes!

Well, at least in feudal Japan... maybe debt stricken southern Europe should look that up :D

Milites, your aars never let down. Intriguing story, rich in detail, eye-candy graphics, well-explained intricacies if the Sengoku mod mechanics. Inspirational!

How did you get around the pirate spawns at the begining of the game? These have always put me off playing a Japanese minor in MMU.

*bows humbly*

Pirate spawns are generally not that much of an annoyance to me. Sure they take a lot of cash to combat, but for a Japanese clan in MM, focusing purely on land warfare is a pretty sound strategy. Although the AI will exploit this weakness mercilessly - as you will all soon see.

I want to say that this is one of the most impressive AARs I've ever read. The graphics especially are stunning, and the writing style is excellent. As the main coder for the Sengoku module (I don't know how it has changed since Platinum 2 though), I have to say that this is how I hoped it would be played - and reading this makes coding it worthwhile.

This is dead? On my return to AARland so many great tales seem abandoned. Great shame, your one the best writers in AARland Milites, I look forward to your return on this or any other project.

I imagine he's just busy... and whatever was 'scuttling around in the shadows of Kyoto' is probably complex enough to need some solid writing time for the next update :)

I imagine he's just busy... and whatever was 'scuttling around in the shadows of Kyoto' is probably complex enough to need some solid writing time for the next update :)

I for one hope you're right Aldriq, and that Milites will return to Bishamon someday.

*drool* so BEAUTIFUL Milites. dead or not (and i certainly hope not) you've inspired me to blow the dust off my copy of EUIII.

Last edited: