• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Confused and very very irritated.

This is the last communication I have recieved from Paradox (and GamersGate)

Michael, Nov-06 15:29 (CET):
Hello ****
I have recieved and confirmed the information that we need to be able to give you your refund. We will start the process first thing tomorrow to make sure that this matter is solved as soon and swiftly as possible.
Again we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.
Kind Regards,
Michael

I've just checked my GG account and I have been deducted 2,399 Blue Coins with the note on this deduction being Refund (this apparently happened yesterday)

SotS2 is no longer in my GG games though one of the Immersion Packs still remains

I can still play SotS 2 through Steam (not that I want to at this stage)

I have had no confirmation of refund, no credit of Blue Coins (in fact as above the reverse) and no credit to my Steam wallet.

Very very irritated.

I have not been granted the requested refund as of yet and I put my application in on release day. I keep checking my email, STEAM, and e-retailer account once each day. I hope it comes through soon. I just want my refund and then to get out of here. Promises simply aren't any good until they are backed up with substance...

I am glad to know a couple of people "might" have gotten a Paradox Issued Refund but they were unclear in stating who issued it (ie from paradox or from their e-retailer?)

Sorry to hear that Wolfe. Good luck getting it straightened out.

I have had no confirmation of refund, no credit of Blue Coins (in fact as above the reverse) and no credit to my Steam wallet.

How did you pay? If you used a credit card through PayPal, like I did, there was no confirmation. I just happened to see it because I look at my credit info every couple of days.

I am glad to know a couple of people "might" have gotten a Paradox Issued Refund but they were unclear in stating who issued it (ie from paradox or from their e-retailer?)

I am not technically sure where it came from since it was GamersGate (which I think Paradox still owns a pretty big chunk of). But it said "GamersGate" on the transaction.

Erm, really? I've been playing Skyrim since release. Total crashes: zero. Hours played: 21. Total non-functional features: 0. Total minor non-game-stopping trivial bugs: 1. Total snark from them: 0.
I've found about 10 different quirks in Skyrim, and a couple things that are just totally annoying. But that was tolerable.

What wasn't tolerable was having to go back 2 hours in gaming, about 12 saved games, because after killing my 2nd dragon, and getting my 2nd dragon shout, I could no longer open "Magic" without it crashing. It just happened again.

Bethesda is a sizable publisher with a good partner.

leggosboy - thanks for the reply, I paid via debit card, I'll check to see if there is a credit cleared back through my account. Hopefully there is and I can forget SOTS2 ever happened.

I've found about 10 different quirks in Skyrim, and a couple things that are just totally annoying. But that was tolerable.

What wasn't tolerable was having to go back 2 hours in gaming, about 12 saved games, because after killing my 2nd dragon, and getting my 2nd dragon shout, I could no longer open "Magic" without it crashing. It just happened again.

Bethesda is a sizable publisher with a good partner.

Some people have experienced that bug, the huge majority didn't. There's the difference. Overall, Skyrim seems to be very stable for most people and the number of apparent bugs, despite the large open world and freedom of action, appears to be very, very small with just a release-day-patch. There will always be players who happen to come across a bug, who will see many crashes with the release version or similar. It is very rare that a game is so bugridden that only a very, very small minoritiy can play an hour without a crash even days after release.

I've found about 10 different quirks in Skyrim, and a couple things that are just totally annoying.

This really isn't the best place to discuss another game, but for what it is worth, after 12 hours of Skyrim, I've had one CTD, and no bugs or other technical issues (console-y interface and hotkey limitations aside). I'd say it has been the most stable, most flawless PC game I bought at release in the past few years (unlike Oblivion and Morrowind). I was very surprised.

Does anyone know the financial health of Paradox? After all, they appear to be just as culpable as Kerberos in releasing this thing two months too early. So one has to consider that Paradox is actually hurting for cash flow, not just Kerberos.

Perhaps refunds are going to be difficult or impossible?

Paradox has made good money selling decent games, apart from a few...ahem... magicka? Sengoku? King Arthur...all pretty decent hits. So unless their CEO (sans Johan, since he probably had to go clean someone's 5th grade software project) had a wild time on a yacht with 12 swedish super models and an unlimited supply of caviar and champagne..I think they should be fine.

Been three weeks since I gave my Steam account name and etc. to the Paradox refund rep. and I still have no response.

My first support email to Steam was met with an automated response on how I can fix my install problems for Sword of the Stars II...

Will be sending a second email to try and get my refund.

How do I go about getting a refund? It's all pretty opaque.

Paradox has openly promised refunds to anyone that desires one for the moment. That could change in the future. You need to email Paradox Support (not the devs, STEAM, or your e-retailer) and clearly indicate your desire for a refund. In a follow up message from them the following information was requested from me:

A) My STEAM User ID,
B) My SOTS2 Activation code (Key.)
C) Name of the outlet I purchased from.
D) Impulse / Gamestop customers (bought from there) need to provide their ID fior that site.

I was asked to confirm my desire for a refund a second time in that correspondence.

It seems to me that you could include this information in your intial request in order to speed up the process. Just be sure to clearly ask for a refund and confirm your desire for one at the end in your mail to support.

I thought this might be helpful to some of you.

I am still waiting to see what comes of it as I am yet to get the promised refund. I am in a "wait patiently" mode... But you can be sure I will post in thread if I actually get one. Or not... lol.

In a further mailing I was notified the refund would be in STEAM credit (ie to my wallet there.) I originally bought from Direct2Drive. I know that a Gamer's Gate customer mentioned things were being handled diffrently somehow for them.

I and most others are still waiting. *Sigh.*

Just checked my online bank account and a full refund from Steam is showing up in my account on Monday 21st November. So not Steam Credit, but actual cash back into my bank account. Thank you, Paradox and Kerberos; I wish it had not come to this, but thanks for doing the decent thing.