• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your request from Steam was very well written, no emotional BS. I'm sure that helped.
I bought from GG. I just entered a request from Paradox, so I'll give that a few days before going to GG directly.

I hope this proves helpful to those of you who would find a steam credit acceptable. If you truly want a refund and are tired of getting ****ed over by paradox, I would go straight to steam.
As I've mentioned elsewhere, how Steam handles things on the customer service end is why I stick with Steam. They honestly "get" the consumer aspects, unlike a lot of other options out there.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, how Steam handles things on the customer service end is why I stick with Steam. They honestly "get" the consumer aspects, unlike a lot of other options out there.

Yeah, once you get past the automatic responses, I have found their help to be pretty useful the few times I have needed it myself.

I just got my refund from Steam. Strangely enough, was in the form of cash refund, through Paypal - the payment form used - and not in steam credit. Well, no big deal. It's done anyway.

Just to let you I just (received my mail one hour ago exactly) got my refund. Email text below.

Gamersgate AB just sent you a full refund of €39.95 EUR for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Gamersgate AB.
The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Thanks PI for facilitating this.

I just got my refund from Steam. Strangely enough, was in the form of cash refund, through Paypal - the payment form used - and not in steam credit. Well, no big deal. It's done anyway.

Steam credit was only ever mentioned in someone's email, it wasn't official policy, I guess they were able to work out something. Good anyway :)

Steam credit was only ever mentioned in someone's email, it wasn't official policy, I guess they were able to work out something. Good anyway :)

The problem is though, that communication about how this process was going to be done was pretty poor so it lead to some confusion.

I just got my refund, paypal as well (as I had paid to Gamersgate).

The problem is though, that communication about how this process was going to be done was pretty poor so it lead to some confusion.

I suppose they just didn't know. I think PI were good on the communications throughout this sorry episode. Any uncertainty in communications, was probably due to uncertainty about how it would work.

Got my refund in the form of steam credit. When this game is more playable and I see people saying they are now happy with it, I will rebuy it at a later time. I think this is a good lesson for the gaming industry that we won't just stand by when a product is released that is garbage. Look at the difference between the release of this game and Skyrim. Millions sold of Skyrim and the bugs are minimal.

Last edited:
Okay, the game isn't improving as fast as it should (IMHO), so I'll join the refund-crowd aswell.

Just to let you I just (received my mail one hour ago exactly) got my refund. Email text below.

Gamersgate AB just sent you a full refund of €39.95 EUR for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Gamersgate AB.
The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Thanks PI for facilitating this.

Sounds like what I'm aiming for. How did you achieve it?

Just received an email from Steam, which reads, "We have refunded your purchase of the items listed below. The credit should appear in your account within several business days. "
I applied to Paradox for the refund, and there it is. Steam credit is fine for me. Thank you, Paradox, for doing the decent thing.

Do I feel asking for a refund was the right thing to do given the state of the game upon release? YES.
Do I feel bad about having asked for the refund from my favourite games company, whom I have followed and supported ever since Europa Universalis first came out? YES.
Will I buy from Paradox in the future? YES, especially since they have shown a level of customer care and honour that is so very rare today.