• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm watching closely how Paradox is going to handle this. Kerebos is in my books a baaaaad company..baaaad company >spray< >spray<

Steam will issue you Steam Credits to your wallet. So that's not so bad. A certain car with large Rims from the Sky is a good way to spend the money. At least the game works and it's a hundred times better.

Or save that money and wait for the Christmas Sale at Steam ^^ 39.90 goes a long way during these sales. About 70% of my steam account is from Santa.

Okay, due to the actions of Kerberos studio, and the behavior of moderators here at Paradox, I have now decided to register my dissatisfaction by formally requesting my money back.

Where might I do so?

The behavior of both companies in the SOTS ][ debacle, and especially in recent days, is deplorable, and unacceptable.

Mordachai - following from an email from Paradox

Michael, Nov-06 11:20 (CET):
Hello ****

If you still want that refund, please send me the following information:
- Steam ID
- Activation code
- Outlet you bought from
- Impulse/Gamestop ID (Only if you bought the game from Impulse)
Confirm if you want a refund, if that's the case, and provide this information and I'll arrange it.

---
Kind Regards,
Michael

Email your request to support @ paradoxplaza.com (obviously ommiting the spaces round the @)

That should hopefully get you as far down the refund process as the rest of us.

P.S. It would be good to hear something official from Paradox as to what is happening in regard to refunds and outstanding refund requests.

The behavior of both companies in the SOTS ][ debacle, and especially in recent days, is deplorable, and unacceptable.
The fanbase attacking anyone for being unhappy about being scammed, Mecron's usually passive-aggressive childish behavior, and well, the broken release of the "game" did it for me. When Mecron whines about not putting out a broken feature list after such a horrible attempt at a launch (because it would give folks "ammo to attack him for releasing an incomplete game"), it makes it really hard to think that they are going to (or are competent enough to) follow through with finishing the game.

GamersGate continues to perform as my favorite online distributor, worth recommending to anyone.

They are censoring a lot of reviews about how incomplete SotS II still is at the current time. That makes it unlikely I will be purchasing much from them in the foreseeable future.

They are censoring a lot of reviews about how incomplete SotS II still is at the current time. That makes it unlikely I will be purchasing much from them in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, they censored mine too.

However, they also refunded the purchase where apparently (judging solely from forum posts) steam and the rest have yet to do so.

It's an issue of what's more important to me.

Yeah, they censored mine too.

However, they also refunded the purchase where apparently (judging solely from forum posts) steam and the rest have yet to do so.

It's an issue of what's more important to me.

I bought my preorder from there as well, but still no update or refund.

And I am sorry, but I find their lack of concern about selling incomplete, unstable software pretty disappointing.

I bought my preorder from there as well, but still no update or refund.

Did you contact GamersGate directly or are you still waiting on Paradox. I got tired of waiting on Paradox.

And I am sorry, but I find their lack of concern about selling incomplete, unstable software pretty disappointing.

It's disappointing, but it doesn't lower their standing relative to anyone else since everyone's doing it.

It's disappointing, but it doesn't lower their standing relative to anyone else since everyone's doing it.
Erm, really? I've been playing Skyrim since release. Total crashes: zero. Hours played: 21. Total non-functional features: 0. Total minor non-game-stopping trivial bugs: 1. Total snark from them: 0.
Skyrim a sole exception? Not really. DA2: 100+ hrs, 0 crashes, no important bugs. Witcher 2: 42+ hrs, no bugs of any note while I played it through. Mass Effect 1 and 2: hundreds of happy hours. Total War: Shogun 2 - hundreds of happy hours. Civilization V: Some major issues with the direction they've taken the franchise, and some performance issues, and some relatively minor bugs - no broken saves, no non-functional features, no UI that only a mother could love...

Sorry, but "everyone" does not engage in jerking off their customers with premature software release. A few companies engage in it over and over and don't seem to learn from their mistakes. And there are always new companies that get it wrong the first time, sometimes because of their publisher pushing bad code out the door, and sometimes because the development house didn't know how to manage their software project: leading to feature bloat, overruns, buggy core that was impossible to debug and maintain, etc.

Erm, really? I've been playing Skyrim since release. Total crashes: zero. Hours played: 21. Total non-functional features: 0. Total minor non-game-stopping trivial bugs: 1. Total snark from them: 0.
Skyrim a sole exception? Not really. DA2: 100+ hrs, 0 crashes, no important bugs. Witcher 2: 42+ hrs, no bugs of any note while I played it through. Mass Effect 1 and 2: hundreds of happy hours. Total War: Shogun 2 - hundreds of happy hours. Civilization V: Some major issues with the direction they've taken the franchise, and some performance issues, and some relatively minor bugs - no broken saves, no non-functional features, no UI that only a mother could love...

Sorry, but "everyone" does not engage in jerking off their customers with premature software release. A few companies engage in it over and over and don't seem to learn from their mistakes. And there are always new companies that get it wrong the first time, sometimes because of their publisher pushing bad code out the door, and sometimes because the development house didn't know how to manage their software project: leading to feature bloat, overruns, buggy core that was impossible to debug and maintain, etc.

The "it" to which I referred was quite obviously "their [GamersGate's] lack of concern about selling incomplete, unstable software."

And since all the online distributors are selling SOTS 2 without disclaimer, my point stands. You're misreading it to refer to Kerberos and/or Paradox (I can't tell which).

Ah, sorry. I'm kinda miffed at how I was treated by Kerberos and Paradox today. Sorry to misunderstand your meaning. :(

I thought you were excusing Paradox for publishing alpha-quality software under the guise of finished commercial software.