• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That would be your only option at this point, but I do not see you having much luck with them.

Since you are in the EU your chances are good ;) However, be aware that Steam only does this once for someone. So be sure you really want to waste that 1 possible chance to get back long since forgotten money from stream. Also you only get steam credits, no actual money.

The chance is actually pretty high if you include a lot of proof in your messages, best case is making a youtube video showing the issues, linking to lists and forum posts. etc. So it's not like you have no chance at all.

I am luckily a very good steam customer, besides I already gave a full explanation and I don't think they need anything else, knowing the issues with this alpha are consistent and acknowledged worldwide.

I cleared I don't want them to suffer for someone else's decisions (and I don't want to start another flame war for obvious reasons) so I didn't really ask for a refund but for a replacement with some other game of same economic value, prepaid in October (I don't really have an idea of what game to get, I'll see).

I suppose there's no point in explaining why I took this decision after faithfully waiting for 6 months.
I am sure you already know. :)

After recently buying the game and not having it work at all I was directed from steam to one of the Kerberos Studios support members, and he told me it would be a good idea to check into this forum to see if I could get a refund, But after reading into this thread should I see that you are telling people to go directly to steam. Is that what I need to do?

The refund period ended on Nov 30th 2011. If you recently purchased the game you will either have to go through the merchant you bought it from or Steam directly.

Steam has a one time only refund policy, so refunding this may use that up.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Devs are saying the all clear should be around the end of the month, If you can't get a refund check back on the game then, you may find yourself surprised.

Last edited:
Hi.

I purchased this on 28.10.2011.
I gave it a chance, 2/3rds of a year later it's still not close to finished.

Asking for 40€ refund.
Thanks for SotS1, great game.
Which i bought some time earlier btw, not like i got it through your "SotS2 is terrible here have free SotS1s" policy.

See "refunds ended on Nov 30th"

Plus the game is now pretty good and certainly on par with (if not better than) any other new release. It's also obvious now that Kerberos will have the legs to finish it completely so there's no real worries about being left with a broken game.

Having said that, if you're still determined to get a refund then Steam may do it as a one time gesture of goodwill, but you will have to contact Steam directly to do this and, in my opinion, is the best route for you to go.