• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry It is really in the hands of the retailer now, we cannot force them to give you the money back, only ask them to do so, which we have done.

Well, in my understanding its a little bit different although i know its not that way in judicial matter.

If a company produces crap i dont go to blame the one who SOLD it but the one who MADE it, in this case Kerberos and PI... and its in their responsibility to make me get my money back for their crappy product...

Sorry It is really in the hands of the retailer now, we cannot force them to give you the money back, only ask them to do so, which we have done.

And that's it ? Have I really waited nearly TWO MONTHS for you to send an email to gametap ?

Do you want to tell me that I can only wait now and you have done your part ?

Is the refund process like this:

- Paradox: Hi *insert the name of the retailer* could you please give *insert the name of the client* their money back ?
- Retailer: No (or no response at all).
- Paradox: Sorry dear client, no refund for you, have a nice day.

?

Last edited:
And that's it ? Have I really waited nearly TWO MONTHS for you to send an email to gametap ?

Do you want to tell me that I can only wait now and you have done your part ?

Is the refund process like this:

- Paradox: Hi *insert the name of the retailer* could you please give *insert the name of the client* their money back ?
- Retailer: No (or no response at all).
- Paradox: Sorry dear client, no refund for you, have a nice day.

?

Can paradox force a retailer to do anything? not really

I agree with everyone's assessment of good working practices on sales. I agree that things should have gone better. I agree with those that want to stick it out.

I personally am not going to get a refund because I am still interested in the game. I have SWTOR, Skyrim and others to keep me busy. I do understand that for some it is just a principle thing.

I am aware that frustration and anger are fueling this need to seek retribution for the wrong they did, and they did do wrong; however, for those that say they will purchase it later, why bother.

Just don't get a refund and later the game will be where you would want to buy it but you won't have to. I can't argue with those that are adamant about a refund, nor should I even try.

I say get your refund, for whatever reason and be done with it. Totally fair in my book, but please don't throw your anger about over and over again. If we were in a return line at a store and you started

complaining and yelling I would tell you that it isn't the clerks fault, nor is it mine and neither one of us want to hear it.

Take this like a lesson for you.
No preorders.
No day one purchases.
Check before buy at reliable sources.
It only cost you 40$. You are really lucky.
If you get the lesson. If not it will cost you more.

The lesson is rather simple. Never ever buy a Paradox product again.

I think your retailer is the only one that has not honored our requests. Everyone else has been processed except for one or two people who we are working out issues with another retailer who is working with us.

The effec tis the same...and a customer doesnt care where the problem is, he wants a solution...

Since you have been denied a refund by both Paradox and Steam, you have had your answer to the refund question and this thread has nothing more to offer you, and since you just want to Troll, I ban you from further comment in this thread.

I think your retailer is the only one that has not honored our requests. Everyone else has been processed except for one or two people who we are working out issues with another retailer who is working with us.

So why are they still listed here:

http://www.swordofthestars.com/game-info/buy-the-game

?

If it wasn't for Paradox I would have never bought the game there. You link to them!
Somehow they work with you when it comes to sending them your CD-keys, paying you, but when it comes to refunding a game they suddenly outright ignore you ? How am I supposed to believe that ?

Sorry I do not control that site, nor relations with retailers.
All I can suggest to you is to keep trying with them.

I thought you have mentioned previously that you had tried to contact them and that they ignored your e-mails so far, my mistake if that was not correct.
If I was you and you have not done so I would contact them and politely inquire, also including a copy of the e-mail sent by Paradox confirming that a refund request had been sent.

Since you have been denied a refund by both Paradox and Steam, you have had your answer to the refund question and this thread has nothing more to offer you, and since you just want to Troll, I ban you from further comment in this thread.

I thought this thread was about talking about refunding not about beeing offered refunding? So i was posting to share my experience and opinion about the refunding. Wrong thread for that?

I thought this thread was about talking about refunding not about beeing offered refunding? So i was posting to share my experience and opinion about the refunding. Wrong thread for that?

And you apparently do not know what the word banned means either.
Let me help you with that.

They get banned for not following the rules or listening. Its a pretty simple premise. Note the Final has been banned/put on probation 2 or times since October, Unfortunately no matter how legitimate your argument is, if you refuse to follow rules and communicate poorly you will suffer consequences.

Seems like people get banned here quite easy for beeing critical...
Come on the guy posts and quotes the post where I told him he was not allowed to post in this thread anymore, really only one option he left me after doing that.
I have been cutting him a LOT of slack but if you throw it in my face, you are forcing my hand.
Considering we have about 200,000 unique visitors a week to this site, we average way less than 1 non ad bot getting banned for the same period.
So I would say the opposite applies, it is pretty hard to get banned, you pretty much need to go out of your way to have it happen.
But we should not be discussng this as it violates Rule#2.