• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought you have mentioned previously that you had tried to contact them and that they ignored your e-mails so far, my mistake if that was not correct.

It has been so long that I am not sure at this point, I guess it was about Steam back then.

Anyway I contacted gametap forum admin via PM on their forums. Seems to me they have trouble with their support website and it's actually NOT registering tickets (browser compatibility perhabs ?). One way or another admin claims that they have not received any tickets from me.

You guys might want to try a different communication channel perhabs ?

If I was you and you have not done so I would contact them and politely inquire, also including a copy of the e-mail sent by Paradox confirming that a refund request had been sent.

Last message I got is:

Hello Krzysztof,

I've now gotten a response from the people who handle the processing of these refunds. The information I had before was that your refund had been sent to Steam, this information was apparently correct. Your information should not have been sent to them since you didn't bought the game there. Upon sending the information to the different retailers they made a mistake and sent the refund request to Steam even though they had the information that you bought the game from Gametap-shop. The response I got was that they were to look into the issue directly and send your request to the correct retailer.

We apologize for the mistake but we will make it right.

And it does not really imply that information to gametap was actually sent. Guess it will have to do.

EDIT: I have found gametap's phone number.

If you have any difficulties, or you need some help with our service, check the support area available on our site http://www.gametap-shop.com/ or call us at 1-866-GameTap or 1-866-426-3827.

@Castellon: Could you please make sure your support guy actually makes the phonecall ?

Last edited:
I had to deleted 2 posts that recieved an infraction, just a reminder to follow Rule #2. and after I had just reminded everyone.

I am not ignoring you as obviously I have been responding to you, it is just you are not getting the answer you desire.
My answer is that it is in the hands of the retailer you purchased the game from.
If they are ignoring you, that is outside of my control. I have been told already that we have requested that the refund be processed.

I don't set refund policy, nor have anything to do with refunds, other than helping some people with information as in this case.
But the way the economy works is the people you give the money to, are the ones that must give it back to you if a refund is to be issued.

I am not ignoring you as obviously I have been responding to you, it is just you are not getting the answer you desire.
My answer is that it is in the hands of the retailer you purchased the game from.
If they are ignoring you, that is outside of my control. I have been told already that we have requested that the refund be processed.

But my question was not really answered.

What I asked was: Did you guys CALL gametap shop like you said you would ? Their phone number is 1-866-426-3827.

Is this really too much to ask after waiting 2 months and sending your support like 20 emails ? I am asking because I got a reply from gametap and their support guys apparently have NO IDEA that you contacted them regarding my refund (why am I not surprised ?).

No refund for me. :( Oh well I guess.

I already used my free courtesy refund a long while back during a similar situation and steam didn't mention nor respond to my mentioning that I've already talked to paradox.

I don't really know what Paradox was hoping to accomplish if steam users were expected to use their courtesy refund, why message paradox in the first place and not go straight to steam? The gesture was nice at least, I guess, but at least to me, it seemed to be a stalling method. it is especially painful that SotS2 went on daily deal for %50 and my extra $20 only got me $6 worth of DLC. My opinion of paradox is soured further but what can I do, just the consumer...

Sorry for venting a little, I won't post like this again.

I already used my free courtesy refund a long while back during a similar situation and steam didn't mention nor respond to my mentioning that I've already talked to paradox.

I don't really know what Paradox was hoping to accomplish if steam users were expected to use their courtesy refund, why message paradox in the first place and not go straight to steam? The gesture was nice at least, I guess, but at least to me, it seemed to be a stalling method. it is especially painful that SotS2 went on daily deal for %50 and my extra $20 only got me $6 worth of DLC. My opinion of paradox is soured further but what can I do, just the consumer...

Not sure what went wrong with yours, since I haven't read this thread in a while.

But I got my refund (well credit to my Steam wallet) a month or so ago despite using my one off refund in Steam previously. I just followed the instructions at the time to email Paradox support and a week or so later money showed up in my steam wallet.

Hope you manage to sort out your situation. I mainly just came to visit to see if the game is worth $20 on sale now, which it still doesn't seem to be.

Might want to open a second support ticket. I've noticed that depending on who you get at the support staff over at steam will depend on how helpful the service you get is. First time I contacted them during all this I got told steam doesn't do refunds. So I opened a new support ticket and I was given the refund so, couldn't hurt to try.

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I will give it a second try.

There was no real answer on steam's end, only generic form emails about refunds not being available.

[edit] Kinda sucks I missed the holiday sale, but I got some cash for christmas so I was still able to pick up a few deals, including the latest expansion for HoI3, I heard it was quite good.

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I will give it a second try.

There was no real answer on steam's end, only generic form emails about refunds not being available.

[edit] Kinda sucks I missed the holiday sale, but I got some cash for christmas so I was still able to pick up a few deals, including the latest expansion for HoI3, I heard it was quite good.

Picked that up myself and so far its a blast. But yeah its all luck of the draw with steam support. I've gotten super helpful people and people that give me the generic its something wrong on your end or we can't help answers. Hopefully it works out for you.

If we made the request to steam you did not use up anything, and should not have had to contact them, some members decided the process of going through us was taking too long and requested one direct from Steam, that is then between them and steam.

Well they were nice and quick this time, but they still said no.

This time it was a pretty generic response that steam only refunds preorders.

Its fine though, I'm throwing in the towel on this one. If steam says no they say no.

Edit- If you're interested:
I have been in contact with Paradox Interactive, pursuing a refund for the game, Sword of the Stars 2.

Paradox has informed me they've done everything on their end to authorize the refund, and have asked me to open a support ticket with steam to request the refund.

I know it is not usually steam's policy, but any form of refund would be acceptable for me, including steam funds.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client.

Please review Section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

We will make an exception and refund preorders as long as the request is received prior to the release of the game. This only applies to preorders purchased from your account, preordered titles received or sent through the Steam Trading system cannot be refunded.

Last edited:
Pre-ordering wasn't a requirement for the 'refund support' from Paradox, I do believe some people have posted in this thread that they got refunds despite buying at a later date. That message is not anything more than a near automatic response. It is clear that they have not actually read what you have written. I'm afraid that if it isn't automatic, that Steam has simply opted to no longer care what Paradox has said. Obviously managing refunds on behalf of others for months on end isn't something they are bound to be glad to do, and might not care to do it anymore.

I suggest you try again, then inform them about the past correspondance and when you asked for the refund here to give a proper timeline etc. The message you sent them can be misunderstood to mean that you just recently asked for a refund, rather than when it was actually viable.