• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If only someone was able to look at mine "on a higher level". For me steam said no (twice) and I'm not sure what else I can do but surrender.
What did Paradox support tell you?

Hello Castellon and/or Darkrenown.

I have tried to be patient. I have played through Skyrim, Played through The Old Republic (2 lvl 50s one fully geared) and even several games of majon tiles, but I still can't play Sword of the Stars II.

It has been forever and a day since release and I still can't enjoy my moneys worth. I have tried to be understanding, supportive and as uncomplaining as I can, but enough is enough.

I personally don't see this game being completed for another 2 months at the rate they are going, and find that I could use the money for any one of the new games coming out, that are ready for play.

I would like to know the process to obtain a refund for a product that is not as was promised. I don't need any thing other then the information on whom I am to contact and I will take it from there.

Thank you.

Hello Castellon and/or Darkrenown.

I have tried to be patient. I have played through Skyrim, Played through The Old Republic (2 lvl 50s one fully geared) and even several games of majon tiles, but I still can't play Sword of the Stars II.

It has been forever and a day since release and I still can't enjoy my moneys worth. I have tried to be understanding, supportive and as uncomplaining as I can, but enough is enough.

I personally don't see this game being completed for another 2 months at the rate they are going, and find that I could use the money for any one of the new games coming out, that are ready for play.

I would like to know the process to obtain a refund for a product that is not as was promised. I don't need any thing other then the information on whom I am to contact and I will take it from there.

Thank you.

There are no more refunds. They stopped 30th of november. No one knows why, because the game still is not done yet BUT sold.

They told me that they had everything they needed and I'd get my refund. But that was December 7th, I haven't heard anything since then.
I hereby confirm that I have received the information that we need to be able to give you your refund. We will start the process shortly to make sure that you'll get your money as soon as possible.
Again we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

When I posted on asking how long I should wait you told me to send a question to steam about it, who said "no refunds".

They told me that they had everything they needed and I'd get my refund. But that was December 7th, I haven't heard anything since then.

When I posted on asking how long I should wait you told me to send a question to steam about it, who said "no refunds".

Steam should not be a problem as they have processed all the other ones we sent them.
I would contact our support again cite your Report number or whatever they gave you to reference and give them the back ground, including a copy of the mail you received saying that it would be processed.
If you do not hear back from him in a few days let me know and I will get into it for you.

Steam should not be a problem as they have processed all the other ones we sent them.
I would contact our support again cite your Report number or whatever they gave you to reference and give them the back ground, including a copy of the mail you received saying that it would be processed.
If you do not hear back from him in a few days let me know and I will get into it for you.

Oh ok, cool. I'll do it now.

I have talked to Paradox customer support so many times it's ridiculous. And my refund is always 'nearly done'. And the support guy claims to never give up on my refund. What a bunch of bull. I asked for my refund on the first day they offered them as well.

I don't think many people realize that when paradox says the refund is "nearly done" they mean they have processed your information and sent it to the seller to be finalized.
The seller does the actual refunding.
If you are still waiting on a refund, You may want to contact the retailer you purchased the game from for an update, along with the your paradox case number, requesting that the complete the refund process.
You may have to do this more than once, until you either get a non-automated response or get someone to understand that you are not asking for a new refund, but completion of one request before Nov 30th.

Remember, D-Distrutors do not normally give refunds, they are not set up for it. They deal with hundreds of thousands of clients by using automated systems. Systems that are normally(and currently, as its past nov 30th) to deny.

I have talked to Paradox customer support so many times it's ridiculous. And my refund is always 'nearly done'. And the support guy claims to never give up on my refund. What a bunch of bull. I asked for my refund on the first day they offered them as well.
Who did you buy the game from?
and what is your case number?

I will look into it for you come Monday.

we all are interested how this case was solved after months of waiting and promises and pages and pages of forum posts...
While that is true, if Cpt.Badger doesn't want to say so, I think it is only right that we don't press him for an answer. His case was resolved to his satisfaction, and given the length and not terribly active nature of it, him being satisfied ought to be enough for us to accept (meaning it can't have been a half-assed compensation).