• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, thats an answer. For far more interesting than the fact they told not to refund is that:

but these have now been resolved

Come on. That is such a big fat biiiiig fat lie. Thats so barefaced i am totally without words for that.... ANd in addition: Wasnt everyone asking for refund before 30th sept. promised a refund?

Unbelievable? hardly this is normal. Gametap is not reading your mails properly or you are not mentioning every time that you requested the refund prior to the 30th, Gametap is asking paradox about the game in general, and is being told no more refunds. Which is the current situation.

I'd recommend emailing them again with your paradox case number, The one from your original request. Hopefully you have been keeping track of it. You have to be very clear that you request a refund prior to the 30th in ever missive you send.

Wow, so Paradox, while on the one hand saying they have no control over refunds at this point, are actively preventing refunds from being given?

Amazing, if true. Can a Paradox rep please comment on this?

Refunds are normally NOT given for games purchased online. Almost every Digital Distrubter has a general policy against refunds. Paradox offered a one month windows to have the game refunded, which ended Nov 30th.
When you have a refund processed at a vendor, regardless of how the publisher has contacted them they will generally follow their own protocols that involve sending a confirmation request back to the publisher (The vendor refunds you, then the publisher refunds the vendor) before granting you your refund.

Here we have a case where the Vendor is trying to contact the publisher well outside of the refund period without qualifying that the refund in question is not a new one. So the refund ends up getting denied BY the Vendor.

Games purchased online are normally not still in beta 10 weeks after release. This is not a normal situation.

Did I imply the situation was normal?
No, the very existence of the refund windows defines it as not normal.
That window is over, no new refunds. Thus any NEW requests, or request that are mistakenly seen as new will be summarily denied.
If the Vendor does not specify the refund as having been request prior to the Nov 30th cutoff date for refunds it WILL be denied, as it will be seen as a new refund request.

Remember, your case number is the only thing differentiating yourself from someone who is due a refund, and someone who is requesting one post cutoff. No automated system can recognize that, and any worker without personal experience with your ticket will not understand that difference without it(case number).

Unless you learn to communicate the issue properly, you will continue to have problems with support.

I'd recommend emailing them again with your paradox case number, The one from your original request. Hopefully you have been keeping track of it. You have to be very clear that you request a refund prior to the 30th in ever missive you send.

I have sent them so many emails with ALL the details I could possibly get. Directing them even at this very thread, where PI employees ensure me that they have instructed Gametap to refund me.
Worst customer support ever.

This has been disgusting me for weeks now. I have refrained from commenting as I felt that I couldn't really add anything to the situation, but it has gotten to the point where I can't contain myself anymore. And it seems I'm not the only one.

It is really an ugly picture. Ping-ponging a customer back and forth instead of helping him. And no, it isn't helping him to tell him to recontact Gamestop. They keep refusing the case, so as long as Paradox keep sending him back to them, it will not change the situation. Live up to the promise made by Darkrenown (everyone that applied for refunds will get one) and tell Gametap that this particular customer is entitled to the refund. It is that simple. Cpt. Badger has provided the information, so it isn't even that hard. And if Gametap refuse that, what then? Then Paradox need to issue the refund themselves. Simple as that. There was a clear promise (you can't misunderstand or spin it differently) made directly from a representative from Paradox, and that has to be upheld.

Also, I must mention that telling Cpt. Badger to point to this very thread isn't very helpful at all. That suddenly requires him to prove that he is in fact Cpt. Badger to the Gametap people. What is he suppose to do? Give them an IP listing? Upload a picture on his account here and there and use that? He simply can't prove his identity without them (Gametap) contacting Paradox verifying it. and if that happens, why not just talk about the case number instead?

Seriously, contact Gametap and end this charade once and for all. It isn't very conductive to keep holding onto the line "we have done our stuff it is up to them now". That isn't providing refunds, that it providing the means for people to get their refunds themselves, there is a big difference. In this case we can see the failure of such a stance, a guy caught in the middle with one part refusing to acknowledge the refund and the other part refusing to tell the first part that he has a valid claim. The worst part is that it is so easily resolved, so I can't see why he has to be strung along like this. It shows a great deal of callousness to me.

This has been disgusting me for weeks now. I have refrained from commenting as I felt that I couldn't really add anything to the situation, but it has gotten to the point where I can't contain myself anymore. And it seems I'm not the only one.

It is really an ugly picture. Ping-ponging a customer back and forth instead of helping him. And no, it isn't helping him to tell him to recontact Gamestop. They keep refusing the case, so as long as Paradox keep sending him back to them, it will not change the situation. Live up to the promise made by Darkrenown (everyone that applied for refunds will get one) and tell Gametap that this particular customer is entitled to the refund. It is that simple. Cpt. Badger has provided the information, so it isn't even that hard. And if Gametap refuse that, what then? Then Paradox need to issue the refund themselves. Simple as that. There was a clear promise (you can't misunderstand or spin it differently) made directly from a representative from Paradox, and that has to be upheld.

Also, I must mention that telling Cpt. Badger to point to this very thread isn't very helpful at all. That suddenly requires him to prove that he is in fact Cpt. Badger to the Gametap people. What is he suppose to do? Give them an IP listing? Upload a picture on his account here and there and use that? He simply can't prove his identity without them (Gametap) contacting Paradox verifying it. and if that happens, why not just talk about the case number instead?

Seriously, contact Gametap and end this charade once and for all. It isn't very conductive to keep holding onto the line "we have done our stuff it is up to them now". That isn't providing refunds, that it providing the means for people to get their refunds themselves, there is a big difference. In this case we can see the failure of such a stance, a guy caught in the middle with one part refusing to acknowledge the refund and the other part refusing to tell the first part that he has a valid claim. The worst part is that it is so easily resolved, so I can't see why he has to be strung along like this. It shows a great deal of callousness to me.
In fairness to Paradox here, they HAVE contacted Gametap and told them to refund him. This has been stated here many times. Gametap is either losing the info or misidentifying him, as their last posted reply shows that they/the person/machine processing him do not have any information on the topic.
Remember that Cast and Darkrenown do NOT do refund support, and are only relaying information between the support team and the forum.
The other thing to note is that, despite this being a topic on refunds, this is not the place to conduct or to get direct help for the refund/refund process. No one that works in the forum department will work with refunds, its not their job, nor is it the right place. If you need help with an issue with something like this, then you should be contacting support directly, or engaging a moderator in PM.

I'm not trying to belittle badgers experience here, its frankly terrible that he doesn't have a refund yet. However, he should not be expecting resolution through a forum. It simply does not work that way.
Regardless of how deserving of help, if you attempt to resolve it by standing outside the back door instead of the help counter, you won't have your issue resolved. No matter how convenient the back door seems to you.

They have admitted to contacting Gametap once, as in doing it once (they have mentioned it more than that though). Cpt. Badger has asked that they do it again, for months now. Because Gametap has apparently lost the information. How can he hope to convince Gametap when Paradox doesn't want to spend the few minutes it takes to resend the information? Emails get lost every day, and that appears to be a problem Cpt. Badger needs to fix if we go by the responses he has been getting. So I will in turn ask, how is he supposed to dig the information from Paradox up from the Gametap servers?

It is not only the decent thing to do, it is the right thing to do, to help him directly here.

Cpt. Badger has mentioned that he has sent multiple inquiries to Paradox through the right channels. Notice that on last page he had been waiting for ten days for a response (to what appears to be the last mail sent), and it doesn't look like they have actually responded since. Is he to assume that they are having the same issue Gametap has regarding the intial refund issue? Meaning it is lost somewhere? Should he now prove to them that they have in fact recieved it? You know, an impossible action if they refuse to answer him.
If Paradox Support refuses to answer his inquiry into his own ticket, where is he supposed to go with his problem? I can't see anywhere else than here. In fact I'm glad that he has, as it is when things go wrong that you can see how customer friendly a company really is.
One thing you can challenge things on are: How would I feel in this situation? Mostly I end up telling myself that it isn't as bad as people often lay it out. But this is a case that has been going on for a long time, no longer about the money but about how you treat people. I have 'lost' my money because I decided to stick with the game, but had I sought the refund, this treatment would have caused me to not ignore it, and cut my losses, but to actually pursue it even harder as it is simply not a fair way to treat a customer you have promised something.

This is the refund thread to rule them all.

This is the only thread to discuss anything related to Refunds.
Bolded part by me. Anything includes complaints about the way the support system works in regards to refunds, as well as requests for help when the normal Support system ignores him. So I can't honestly agree with you on this matter.

Last edited:
To be fair, someone from Paradox has been talking to him on Social Media as well, and already sent him a different game because of the delay, we are working on it, he will get the refund one way or the other, we said it, it will happen. Are we happy about the delay, absolutely not, it was an extraordinary situation and we are trying to rectify it. Game tap Customer support are not the ones that can make it happen because they do not normally issue refunds, it is being worked on at a higer level.

In fairness to Paradox here, they HAVE contacted Gametap and told them to refund him. This has been stated here many times.

Are you sure about it ?

I have asked numerous times for the information that was SUPPOSEDLY sent to Gametap so I can send it myself to legitimize my claim.
I have updated my ticket numerous times asking for those emails (12 days ago)
I have asked in this very thread.

I got NO answer whatsover.

So I will ask once last time: can you people from Paradox provide me with a copy of emails sent to Gametap so I can show it to them ?

Edit:

Got another reply from Gametap:

"In response to your query sent on January 7, 2012,

Hi,

If you could forward the conversation between you and Paradox that would be great, Preferably in an atachment.

Thank you."

Can I get those emails please ? Pretty please ?

Last edited:
There's really nothing people on the forum can do about this, but the last email you posted from Gametap says they want the records of the conversation between you and Paradox, surely you have that already?

There's really nothing people on the forum can do about this, but the last email you posted from Gametap says they want the records of the conversation between you and Paradox, surely you have that already?

Gametap can say the sun is purple with pink poke-a-dots in the email but that really wouldn't make a difference.

This from Kerberos:

And finally, if you are in the camp that still feels robbed by the time you have reached this point of my post I can only offer what I can. We are fixing it and we need folks to either cheer, step aside or get out of the way cause vitriol is not going to help right now. If you demand a refund then I completely understand and you can be assured, the cost of that will make it directly to us. We will feel your "voting with your dollars", you can be sure about that and we accept that as fair play. On the other hand, if a free copy of the orginal SotS will help tide you over while we get this game shined from turnip to jewel, then please write to "contact@kerberos-productions.com" and we will set you up. If nothing else, if you are not familiar with how we support our products, you can play it and then ask the old-timers how much it changed over the years and that may reassure you. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eros-forum&p=13022783&viewfull=1#post13022783

Burden of proof needed?

Is it assumed that Cpt.Badger did not make a SOTS II purchase?

Why is Gametap needing to retrace correspondence with all parties in an effort to locate "missing" information before further consideration?

Simply give the man his refund and pass the cost back to Kerberos as directed by Mecron. PI loses nothing in Cpt.Bager's case....unless PI now owns Kerberos.

Ordo, this really has nothing to do with you, nor am I sure what that quote is meant to prove.

However, I tracked down the person doing the refunds here and they are in contact with Badger directly - doesn't seem like a matter for the forum.

Ordo, this really has nothing to do with you, nor am I sure what that quote is meant to prove.

However, I tracked down the person doing the refunds here and they are in contact with Badger directly - doesn't seem like a matter for the forum.

My patronage has made my input valid.

Unless there is a notice on any particular thread where I --specifically-- am not to comment then I'll refrain from commenting.

Otherwise, my typed words are your days most treasured artifacts.

Sure: This one. Don't post in it. You are not involved in the refund process and do not have all the information.

Last edited:
See my post 312 that pretty much sums up the current situation.