• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
To reduce the amount of arguments and general nastiness toward each other I have decided that this is now the only thread that complaints about the game in general will be allowed.
Specific issues can be discussed in threads related to that game play issue, but general complaints about the state of release, or management issues or anything like that needs to be posted only in this thread.

Okay :)

so please follow this Thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-gamecontent-that-does-not-work-at-the-moment

and please keep it updated when things are done and can be used as intended. I can then easily see when I can get a good game - thanks in advance!

EDIT: okay guess I just were reading OP's a bit wrong here - sorry :blush:
But I wonder if it can be used here anyway otherwise just move me where the heck I now belong to :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Relocation initiated in 1 turn ....

CerberuscomplaintsDeflector.jpg

Edit: I should say I am enjoying the game as best I can, its like a cross between a Civ and a Total War game in Space should be great.

If you had just waited a while, the complaint-topics would eventually all have gone quiet with the game improving and 'haters' (as few as there are) losing interest in this. Now it just looks... awkward.

Why umbrellas? Wouldn't some kind of flame-resistant shield be more appropriate? o_O

Comic appeal,

Note that they are in red and can be upgraded to a marquee.

Thx, it was getting ridiculous all the people that felt they needed thier own thread to have a temper tantrum in. This is great. Its kinda like the one stop avoidance thread. Not gonna make the tantrumers happy though as they wont have thier own threads to say "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME... IM MAD AND WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW IT!" LOL

TBH other than the state of the game my main 'complaint' is after 2 weeks of patching which while it has improved stability, they fluff around with this and that, but getting the game into a basic playable game hasn't occured.

Patches have included a bit of this and a bit of that instead of focusing on getting the basic single player game into shape, so there's actually a game to play.

At this rate there won't be anything playable for 6mths, never mind anyone playing it.

Which at the moment I think is what most want, something that's actually worthwhile and enjoyable to play.

At the moment there's just no game at all, and if the game is continued to be patched in this manner then I sincerly doubt people are going to continue to be patient.

Yes Kerberos is patching the game, but in the short term I would actually like a product I can actually play in the meantime, while everything else is fixed, albeit a simple one.

While I appreciate different people work on different areas, as is right now the #1 priority should be getting the game into a basic functional state, not running around like a headless chicken patching willy nilly.

The future of the product and its sales depend on it as does the consumers good will, nevermind the brand.

Last edited:
Actually, while I am deeply troubled by this release, on the specific point of technical progress, KP are making the right moves. They have improved stability about 500% which is what we want and the sound bug is fixed.

It is not visible because you dont notice an absence of crashes in the way you notice their presence. They had to do that to stabilise the core game before enabling preexisting disabled content. There is scope for relatively rapid progress if this can be done in an effective way without causing more problems than they solve as most if not all content is prepared and much of the code, its just the subroutines/modules dont work together. So in theory it will soon be a beta build proper.

However there is a ton of stuff already in play which is not working properly because it has no effect, is imbalanced, is klunky or just a bad implementation etc. Fixing all that stuff is going to be a long haul. My main concern is that KP's determination will last as long as it takes to really finish the game, as opposed to reaching a point where they feel they can justify calling it finished when it isnt, like SotS1. They have said they will finish it but their word is devalued right now so really it does not convince me that we are not in for more of the same kind of disappointment.

I will only be convinced if it happens. In the meantime some beta testing and bug reporting would seem to be the one way to help. But it is dispiriting when you have no faith in the outcome.

TBH other than the state of the game my main 'complaint' is after 2 weeks of patching which while it has improved stability, they fluff around with this and that, but getting the game into a basic playable game hasn't occured.

Patches have included a bit of this and a bit of that instead of focusing on getting the basic single player game into shape, so there's actually a game to play.

At this rate there won't be anything playable for 6mths, never mind anyone playing it.

Which at the moment I think is what most want, something that's actually worthwhile and enjoyable to play.

At the moment there's just no game at all, and if the game is continued to be patched in this manner then I sincerly doubt people are going to continue to be patient.

Yes Kerberos is patching the game, but in the short term I would actually like a product I can actually play in the meantime, while everything else is fixed, albeit a simple one.

While I appreciate different people work on different areas, as is right now the #1 priority should be getting the game into a basic functional state, not running around like a headless chicken patching willy nilly.

The future of the product and its sales depend on it as does the consumers good will, nevermind the brand.

I agree... I am not playing because I really don't see the point in getting frustrated instead of rewarded by the experience... I am happy to hear that the sound bug has been fixed and that there are less crashes... but seriously, was it that bad that we're not even close to the part where we will star asking for diplomatic balance or colony management and efficiency? I don't think it would be interesting to be playing the game for a few hours just to discover that diplomatic decisions didn't help at all because diplomacy is not completely implemented... so the only way to play is to rush the enemy with dozens of dreadnoughts! That's not the kind of game we were expecting... at least I wasn't.

They stated that the would be doing primarily stability patching first, then feature patching. Friday, the two week mark from launch will see the first feature update, putting the trade framework back into the game, along with the first of the gameplay tweaks(the are fixing drones and many other things that are wonky).

You gotta love repeated mentions of the System Killer behavior in the patch notes of a game that is barely functional. I would think the GMs would be one of the last things you would touch, just turn them off until the core game is actually completed. Obviously people there have different tasks and expertise bases, but it is funny nevertheless.

i figured someone went "urgh, i'm tired of having no luck with these CTDs, i'm gonna unwind by making Sparky forty percent more deadly."

Well you could report it on the Kerberos technical support forums if you were feeling magnanimous. It is after all in your own best interests, only snag is you ought to just double check the bug and its details using the current version of the game and latest drivers before you post, to do a proper job. I dont think anyone would blame you if you couldnt be bothered. In the end its your call.