• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see Gunkaar is a man of conviction, although I find his unmanly and unwarlike ideas a little dangerous given the hold he seems to have over the Indian military establishment.

Oh, and I see the throne room is being cleared of humiliation posters, is this in preparation for the new one?
Yes, the wall has been cleared for a mural.

A trip to Tibet? Is Gunkaar trying to sneak into China for negotiations or something?
Something…

That raises more questions than it does answers...
I had the same thought.
All will be answered!

Thank you :)
You’re welcome!

I have the feeling of a putch by Gunkaar or something like that.
You know you may not be that far off. He could have something up the sleeve of that bright orange tunic he is wearing.
A putsch you say? My, my, what has the world gotten to when you can’t trust politicians…

Is that a humiliation poster that I see there?
One of the older two from the looks of it. Remember what's his face (I've forgotten the king's name and am too lazy to check) was preparing the whole wall for a new, humongous one, necessitating taking down the older ones.
Brian is correct.

So, the young padawan is going to Tibet ... hum. BTW, supposedly Tibet isn't a ally ? *confused* So why would the military need the not-yet PM "friends" to facilitate things ?

Anyway, Dalip should be concerned about Gunkaar ... his beard is already bigger than the Dalip one and we all know what that means in Punja... er, India ;)
Beards are a necessity in Punjabi/Indian politics! Tibet is an ally, but you’re assuming military operations will not spill over to China…

Very classy update. I do like it, hinting and beating around the bush. Keeps me on my toes...

Truly a comic for the thinking man of the late 19th century.
Heh, well this little chapter is coming to an end, in only a couple of posts.

Dalip (he's still king, right?) is secretly pro-british, it seems! If he wasn't, why would he call Mumbai, Bombay (the British name) instead of Mumbai? o:
Alas, Dalip suffered the indignity of learning geography in Britain!

It get's worse. He has been speaking English all through this AAR! Even when he was in France, he spoke English- and the French did too. There is something fishy about this...
Don't forget about the ambassadors from the great powers... And the Napalese!

In fact it isn't just Dalip who speaks English. all his subjects, even the commoners, do too! The whole of Panjab has been infiltrated by the British!
I speak English too, and it isn’t even my first language! You may be on to something there…

Cue a panel with Dalip speaking some gibberish in panjabi that none will understand

:p
Don’t tempt me… :p

ٹھیک ہے، یہ پنجابی نہیں ہے، لیکن یہ بھی پنجاب کے لئے ایک جائز زبان ہے.

Is that an alphabet or just a bunch of squiggly lines? I suppose it would look less weird if I could read it...
It’s a squiggly alphabet. Best of both worlds (or something).

Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once
, I believe this AAR is taking part in an alternative universe, one where a fat ugly cafe owner is irrestistible to the opposite sex, and where the focus of attention is a fallen Madonna who is well endowed in the boobie department.
How do you know where I live??

Make Puppet: Tibet
We’ll see…

Straight from google translate, it's Urdu and means something along the lines of "Well, it is not Punjabi, but it is also a language of Punjab".
Bingo. It's also how I made that text, so if Google couldn't translate its own text, it would prove how stupid it is.
Google translate is like a broken telephone. It’s been years since I last tried it, but if you keep translating a phrase from language to language… well, let’s just say there will be discrepancies…

Use this King of all India:

Prestobarba%2B2.jpg
Noooo! Never!

No! Back then a beard was a symbol of leadership and masculinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_hair_in_the_military
Wriener speaks truth!

WOW.It's true,please,don't remove your beard :S
Have no fear, concerned netizen!

The plot thickens... I fear skulduggery in Lhasa is afoot!
The game’s afoot! And it’s no mere peasant!

Dalip as a Child :D

subcon20.jpg

Before is the emperor of all Indias :D
Delip the chimney-sweep?
He picked his nose... CANNOT UNSEE
I thought he was just touching his face until I read this. xD
Ah, those old, innocent times… Yes, he’s picking his nose. Then staring at the result with satisfaction. Such are the simple pleasures of childhood…

You know, we haven't heard from the Nile Nailers in a while...
You know, those brave Punjabi explorers?
IIRC they nailed it, and were promplty used in a propaganda scheme across India
They became famous; pictures on the cover of Sikh Magazine, big government pensions, etc. But deep down they know they were just pawns in the Great Game for control of Asia. Having gone to Africa initially confused them a bit on that point, but it’s clear now.

Maybe they could be refitted for a polar expedition :p

And Selzro, another long time reader, first time commenteer. Strangely, I have followed some of your other AARs before, but I don't remember ever commenting...
I thought maybe it's time to make my voice heard to give some more support for your AAR (not that you seem to be lacking of it) :)
Thanks a lot, Oscar! I’m glad to have you vocally onboard!

They might be repurposed into Pole Pointers.
Panjab is invading Poland now? Oh, wrong pole.
This is getting out of hand. I’m going to have to post another story page. Which I’ll do in just a few minutes…

I'm kinda new here, but what about the game itself? What are the years, the countries, the map, the events etc.
Welcome, ssuperflash1! The game is rather too complicated to explain all in one post, although there are many gameplay AARs here that can answer your questions much better than I can. The basics are: the game runs from 1836 to 1936. The countries are all the countries that existed on the map during that period; The map is the world, in a cylindrical projection without the poles; the events are many… too many to begin to list here.

60: Tibet III

"It's only treason if you like the Emperor..."

So much win.

India seems to be almost yours but so many tiny blips of British control. I expect in 5 years for said blips to disappear. In other news why are Makran and Kalat still independent. Both have rightfully Indian lands.

It looks that a certain "idiot of a emperor" will get a unexpected surprise. Now , how will Dalip deal with such underhanded move by the part of the young padawan ... supposing that he will even know a thing about the whole affair , that is :D It looks that the King is being completely sidelined by this chain of events ... it is a sign that Dalip time is up and that he should get a nice cottage in Shimla and calmly sip wine until the end of his days before he goes the way of the British Hanovers in your game ? :D

Last edited:
The question on my mind is still whether Gunkaar will actually pull this off, or whether it is going to blow up in his face spectacularly and he's in over his head.

"It's only treason if you like the Emperor..."

So much win.
:)

India seems to be almost yours but so many tiny blips of British control. I expect in 5 years for said blips to disappear. In other news why are Makran and Kalat still independent. Both have rightfully Indian lands.
I had initially sphered Makran and Kalat because I thought they’d become part of India when I got to form it. Needless to say, I was mistaken. But they remain within my sphere, for now. However, sharp-eyed readers may have noticed that France has acquired some land in south-east Persia, so it might decide to take Makran and/or Kalat out of India’s sphere of influence in the future…

It looks that a certain "idiot of a emperor" will get a unexpected surprise. Now , how will Dalip deal with such underhanded move by the part of the young padawan ... supposing that he will even know a thing about the whole affair , that is :D It looks that the King is being completely sidelined by this chain of events ... it is a sign that Dalip time is up and that he should get a nice cottage in Shimla and calmly sip wine until the end of his days before he goes the way of the British Hanovers in your game ? :D
Heh, Dalip will... well that’s the subject of the next page. Which I will post shortly, because I’ve left this AAR without updates for far too long.

The question on my mind is still whether Gunkaar will actually pull this off, or whether it is going to blow up in his face spectacularly and he's in over his head.
Both plausible outcomes. But the answer is below…

61: Homecoming II

Oh, I almost forgot. The new AARlander is out!

So, India got a ... er, institutional problem between a ceasing PM and the theoretically politically toothless King ... all created by the leader or the government party, that, by pure accident, is the grandson of the former :D Oh, also add a former foreign ambassador turned almost Emperor ( since, let's be honest, we know who is running the shots there ) of the country India was warring with ;) So, exactly what RL banana republic are you channelling in ? :p

In the end, it is yet another cliffhanger, since I'm not seeing Dalip accepting this peace treaty lightly. So either we have another absinthe binge or another less than fully legal action by his part to continue to have some power ( or maybe even both at the same time *faint* ). And even if Dalip gets beaten, i do not see his future relations with Gunkaar as any less than strained ... unless Dalip gets completely pushed to the side :/

Last edited:
Eeesh, Dalip's really losing it isn't he? Not that he was ever the most rational plotter in the world but he always had his eyes on the goal. Gunkaar's offered him China on a platter and Dalip can't get his mind off some stupid mural.

...or maybe he's worried that Gunkaar's success will finally push the monarchy off the power podium and into the political wilderness of the constitutional monarch.

Awesome stuff.

Wow, two updates almost in a row!

This is yet another moment where Dalip must be regretting the constitutional monarchy, those pesky MPs getting in the way of his mural. But, alas, I must side with the-PM-whose-name-I-forget, a chinese friendship mural & tons of tea and goodies surely beat a humiliation mural.

Also, Panjab's getting filled with smoke from all those factories, eh?

That last panel exchange between Delip and the ageing PM was nothing short of brilliant!