• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another good update. Things look rather difficult but with veteran soldiers redeployed to the Tibetan front everything should go swimmingly, Punjabi reservists more than a match for the British. Well, probably more than a match. Perhaps.

Okay. Question. Towards the beginning of the AAR, you made an alliance with Tibet. But since then, you've had several wars with China, and Tibet never once came up. Now, this war, and Tibet does become involved? I don't quite get it.

But awesome as ever, nonetheless. With what you are putting those soldiers through... :p

Given those two soldiers amasing ability to survive so many bloody battles with all their limbs intact, as a ruler I would either suspect them of cowardice or promote them hoping their luck also benefits their subordinates.

Questions have been asked, so answers must be given. But let’s take it from the start.

Well, at least Gunkar has a decent beard by now. Gotta look at the glass half filled, right?

Oh, and it's nice to know that India stands by its allies, even when they ninja'd their way onboard.
India always stands by its allies, when not doing so means giving up the high ground!

And so the soldiers are sent back to the mountians to fight the Chinese again. They had a long enough break anyway. ;)
After fighting the British, the Russians, various Indian minors and then the British again, it should be a nice change of pace.

Hmm, you know the saying that goes something like, "An alliance with the powerful is never to be trusted," but Tibet can sure trust you.
Every prestige point counts… I mean, of course India would never let its allies down!

Multi-front wars never go wrong. Nope, never ever...
Truer words were never spoken! Also, land war in Asia: capital idea!

Aah, there we have the consequences for tempting fate :p
We do indeed…

Selzro, you must have a plenty of free time. :p
Unfortunately, I don’t – which is why I hadn’t posted an update in two months until this latest surge. Keeping this up is not easy, and the next page will not be ready as quickly as the last ones…

Well, Tibet has done you what we in Denmark refer to as a "bear favour." I hope your friends do not cause you more harm by accident than your enemies ever could by design.
Heh, I’ll remember that phrase (do you even have bears in Denmark? I thought it was almost all cities and flat farmland. Or is the phrase left over from your old squabbles with the Swedes?)

Called it.

"We're being redeployed!"

"Oh great, must be more British-"

"To fight China!"

"What? Oh no... please let it at least be somewhere war-"

"In Tibet!"

"Damn it!"

Now all you need is Afghanistan deciding it wants a piece of you too.
Hehe! Fortunately (for Afghanistan) Afghanistan hasn’t bothered me all game.

I didn't realise they had operating telegraphy in feudal Tibet.
Indian investors. You wouldn’t set up a proper diplomatic influence apparatus in Tibet without setting up some telegraph poles first.

Outlaw peasant hunting and that's what you get...

:p
When did that happen? I would have thought the Liberals would have slept through any proposal to outlaw peasant hunting, thus allowing the Royal faction and the Reactionaries to defeat any such bill with ease.
Good heavens! No, peasant hunting is still a legal gray area in Indian Law. Panjabi nobles claim it’s part of their cultural heritage and currently block all measures to restrict it.

I believe that the english term is a disservice. Or something like that :)
Ah yes, that sounds right!

So great to see a new batch of updates! And as others have noted, I see more and more detail creeping into your artwork. I love the propaganda posters in the background....subtle enough to not distract yet detailed enough to see what their message is. Great stuff! As always, eager to see/read more when life affords the opportunity.
Thanks! I try.

You can always trust a politician to mismanage a war for their generals.
That’s what they’re for.

Here go our well-known pair of soldiers back into the frost. Given the luck they have of always being in where the heat strikes out they should be already in a elite corps :D

In game terms, you seem to have the Brit India well under control and it should not take long to get a favourable peace out of there. That gives you some leeway in dealing with China ... are you going to stick with the humiliation posters or are you planning to get your hands in something more substantial ?
Another good update. Things look rather difficult but with veteran soldiers redeployed to the Tibetan front everything should go swimmingly, Punjabi reservists more than a match for the British. Well, probably more than a match. Perhaps.
Britain is… being taken care of. As for what India will get out of China, I won’t spoil it here.

Okay. Question. Towards the beginning of the AAR, you made an alliance with Tibet. But since then, you've had several wars with China, and Tibet never once came up. Now, this war, and Tibet does become involved? I don't quite get it.

But awesome as ever, nonetheless. With what you are putting those soldiers through... :p
The initial alliance was made at around 1844 and the Tibetans didn’t honour it in 1852, when China attacked (unless they had canceled it even earlier – I wasn’t paying much attention at the time). This alliance is new and, India being a great power now, Tibet is more eager to stick around (even though it’s not in India’s sphere yet).

Given those two soldiers amasing ability to survive so many bloody battles with all their limbs intact, as a ruler I would either suspect them of cowardice or promote them hoping their luck also benefits their subordinates.
Ah, an observant reader might have noticed that they have already been promoted. Notice their arms – they are both corporals now.

Thank you, Selzro Claus, for bringing Christmas gifts early this year!
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Sikhmass!

If you are a small country stuck between three superpowers, when one of them offers alliance you jump at that alliance and cherish it like your firstborn child. I can't blame the Tibetans.

I am sooooooooooo glad to see this back! Keep up the good work!

:D I was wondering when they would come back.
Where there’s adventure to be found, there they’ll be! :)

If you are a small country stuck between three superpowers, when one of them offers alliance you jump at that alliance and cherish it like your firstborn child. I can't blame the Tibetans.
Hehe, yeah this must have looked like the most rational choice for Tibet.

Otherwise, you end up as Poland and lose independence for over 120 years.
So true!

I am sooooooooooo glad to see this back! Keep up the good work!
Thank you! :)

56: A Chat

Boy, the Chinese guy sure is bitter. But I love his level of detail - the slightly different skin color, the eye shape, the beard... awesome! Make him the new Emperor of China under a new dynasty, that would be the ultimate punishment! :)

Also, he still invites the new PM for coffee, despite everything!

I wonder if Gunkaar is going to fall out with Dalip over negotiating a peace. Gunkaar is going to want to negotiate for a white peace ASAP while Dalip will want to press for a wargoal. It'll wind up coming down to a battle of authority.

Now fellas, let's give Gunkaar a chance.

We all remember that young naive boy Dalip used to be and how a few years of Government turned him into the absinthe adict we have all come to love

Now fellas, let's give Gunkaar a chance.

We all remember that young naive boy Dalip used to be and how a few years of Government turned him into the absinthe adict we have all come to love

Meh, I doubt Gunkaar will be as loved as much as Dal.. He might not be loved at all..

Boy, the Chinese guy sure is bitter. But I love his level of detail - the slightly different skin color, the eye shape, the beard... awesome!

And don't forget about the subtle eyebrow movements. Somehow, with his looks, they just work better than with anyone else IMO.

Good one- poor PM learing realities of life from disgruntled ambassador!
Thanks for chuckels!