• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You guys seem to be trying to see dalip die. When I see that gif I see the young advisor react, the two guys sitting next to each other at the front of the elephant survive and the lone person at the back gets hit with a bullet. All the evidence so far shows is that the advisor dude was still alive. 1 out of 3 accounted for with no confirmed casualties...

Now, i will admit the guy who got shot had dalips hat on. But he opens his eyes and is bouncing around so he seems to be on a cart (or the elephant) and alive enough to at least open his eyes.

Long time lurker here. So IF Dalip meets the Great Green Fairy in the Sky, does he have an heir? I don't recall him marrying or procreating. But let's hope it does not come to that.

(BTW: Thank you, Selzro, for making one of the most creative and informative AARs out there.)

I just have to pop in and say I loved the little Scorcese-esque animation...awesome stuff :)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it can not be.

This is Not spam I care about the Character too much.
Me too, Thandros. Me too.

rejoice, the elephant is safe
I would never hurt such a noble animal! (Unless I’m playing a war game with elephants; but that doesn’t apply here!)

That. Was. Epic.

Do you do this kind of thing for a living? You really are excellent!
Thanks, Avindian! No, I don’t; I only draw as a hobby. But I’ve experimented with animated gifs in the past, so I have a little experience.

I have been reading this AAR from the start, and for the first time im weeping.. Seriosly... My Daliip! ill pray to the cosmos for his life ! :)
Soon you will know if your prayers were heard…

I especially liked the absinthe inspired portions near the end.
Ah yes. The “green fairy” was likely the fourth person on that elephant…

There are 3 people on the elephant?
Yep. Unless you count the green fairy (see above).

So the elephant had a driver the whole time?
Wasn’t he obvious? Is the Panjabi lower class so beneath you people that you don’t even notice them on an elephant? Ah, such a sad indictment of Paradox AAR readers… :p

Yeah, there was a driver all the time, but rejoice for he seems to be well to
Mr. Santiago, on the other hand, is a beacon of humaneness in this thread! :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was awesome!
I’d like to think it was (a bit). :)

RIP Dalip ... or not ? :D
Right through the head... don't fancy his chances.
Yeah. He's deaded.
Headshot!
Boom Headshot!
1000 pts!
Dead... or is he? If you notice the path of the bullet and blood in the silhouette, the blood comes neither from the front or the back of the head, but from the side.

Umm maybe if we're lucky it was only a glancing blow as otherwise how would he stay awake for so long.
Thandros noticed it.

Regardless, it shows Selzro has Balls, the way to kill off a public favourite.
Yeah… Balls… because he’s really dead because I’m so brave and all.

Hey, I’ve already killed off his two predecessors!

I'm waiting for a twist... there has to be a twist... doesn't there? :(
The twist is in the silhouette and the blood trajectory… and the waking up… and the sublimation hallucinations… and the next update!

Who said that Dalip was dead ;) ? As far as we know at this point, the next instalment can show us a Dalip resting in a hospital bed with a new and improved pirate look :p
It’s freaky that I was considering exactly that, even before I made that animation… But I later made some changes.

Congratulations! You're the Weekly AAR Showcase!
I said it in the Showcase thread, but thanks again! :D

Gunkaar just HAD to duck. You're supposed to sacrifice yourself for Dalip!
Duck? He’s going to be prime minister! He has a LIFE to look forward to!

Keep in mind, it is an AAR, so if Dalip dies in-game, he dies in the AAR.
True, but its not like this is EU3 and you can convert your ruler to a General. Mechanically speaking, "Dalip" doesn't even exist, AFAIK.
In my game as India, there were ALOT of Singh's. Dalip did appear, but also about 50 others, all my generals were related to each other.
Ranjit Singh, the first protagonist of this AAR, was a general in-game, so I killed him when that general died. After that I haven’t much bothered with finding generals that share the ruler’s name – and besides, before Dalip’s latest adventure they didn’t much function as battlefield generals.

O M G

I never seen a GIF AAR

AND the elephant is safe

BUT DALIP is dead

Long Live the Revolution
oh and horses are ok to slaughter they meant
I like to innovate (and I like elephants)! BUT is Dalip dead…?

Tis but a flesh wound!
I’ve had worse!

if the elephant died

I would have said A elephant! A elephant! My Kingdom for A elephant!
Dalip would have said that too!

Just bring him back as a zombie.
Apocalypse 1836? :)
Dalip’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? :p

Dalip propably got only wounded
You don't walk away from a bullet going through your head with only a wound.
Edit: Actually, you don't get to walk away at all.
Silhouette. Potentially deceiving.

The Absinthe was trying to tell you Dalip! Why didn't you listen!?
You must always listen to the Absinthe! Let that be a lesson, kids!

That's a hell of a life to flash before your eyes...
Yeah… such a life!

You guys seem to be trying to see dalip die. When I see that gif I see the young advisor react, the two guys sitting next to each other at the front of the elephant survive and the lone person at the back gets hit with a bullet. All the evidence so far shows is that the advisor dude was still alive. 1 out of 3 accounted for with no confirmed casualties...

Now, i will admit the guy who got shot had dalips hat on. But he opens his eyes and is bouncing around so he seems to be on a cart (or the elephant) and alive enough to at least open his eyes.
That’s Dalip, alright. Turban and all.

Long time lurker here. So IF Dalip meets the Great Green Fairy in the Sky, does he have an heir? I don't recall him marrying or procreating. But let's hope it does not come to that.

(BTW: Thank you, Selzro, for making one of the most creative and informative AARs out there.)
Thank you for reading! I’ve been meaning to do something about Dalip’s heir status for months now, but other storylines always take over…

I just have to pop in and say I loved the little Scorcese-esque animation...awesome stuff :)
Thanks! :)

Wow, that was a lot of replies...

Last edited:
51: Recovery

haha....what a stoner Dalip is! I strongly encourage that he mix opiates and absinthe so we can get another trippy "under the influence" sequence. Those are my favorite :D

Yesh.

haha....what a stoner Dalip is! I strongly encourage that he mix opiates and absinthe so we can get another trippy "under the influence" sequence. Those are my favorite :D

This is what I need

Reactions:
Thank the gods! Dalip is alive. A truly glorious day for the Panjabi empire!

YEAHHPP Elephant caused the war

I never knew they had skull reconstruction back then.. with blings...

if king richard had the horse during the bosworth incident he would have started a war agaisnt those damm frenchies and his own people

Abnsinthe and opium oh god think aobutthe effects 100percent alchohol plus opium.