• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it looks that a certain pair of soldiers is getting all the good stuff of the war on top of them :p The only thing missing in the last update is someone screaming The Russians are coming!!!! :D

Anyway, it looks that the libs done their part of the deal... let's see how big is the tab they will deliver to Dalip for it ;)

YES! Though it comes at an inopportune time, it is still exactly what he's schemed for.

Poor soldiers. (Do they have names yet? I may have missed it if they do.)

Checkmate. Dalip wins! :D
But what does he win?

So you get all of the Indian minors in your sphere annexed, eh?
Not only that but (as I noticed after the fact) I get all the Indian minors not in anyone else’s sphere as well!

A crown from the gutter is still a crown! Dalip can always clean it later.
And what a crown it will be!

do like our rather hapless pair ... are they likely to be sent to any more completely quiet and peaceful spots?
They’ve been through a lot, so it stands to reason that they’ll be sent somewhere quiet, to finish their military service in peace. ;)

India is united! (partially)
Unification has only begun! Much adventure and drama lies ahead…

Well, it looks that a certain pair of soldiers is getting all the good stuff of the war on top of them :p The only thing missing in the last update is someone screaming The Russians are coming!!!! :D

Anyway, it looks that the libs done their part of the deal... let's see how big is the tab they will deliver to Dalip for it ;)
I wanted to use the line “the Russians are coming”, but decided to take the “Russians in Afghanistan” route. Because of irony or something.

YES! Though it comes at an inopportune time, it is still exactly what he's schemed for.

Poor soldiers. (Do they have names yet? I may have missed it if they do.)
They don’t have names. That alone should make them ten times more nervous than they appear so far…

43: Crowning Moment of Coronation

ah but no text saying what you CAN do, often means no text saying what you CAN'T do either?

This, incidentally, is precisely why the swedish constitution of 1809 in exhaustive detail insist that the king is not allowed to own fisheries, but makes no mention about voting rights.

Bah, laws were made to bended, twisted and circumvented. If Dalip wanted ,he could manipulate things his way ( remember how he suckered everyone into a war with GB ? :D ). Now let's see if he wants it or if we are going to see more absinthe related episodes due to heavy drinking :p

P.S How did the Libs and the conservatives agreed in something like peasant hunting ? *confused* Did they created peasant-hunting reserves with sustainable practices and "humane" treating of the peasants? ;)

P.S How did the Libs and the conservatives agreed in something like peasant hunting ? *confused* Did they created peasant-hunting reserves with sustainable practices and "humane" treating of the peasants? ;)

The peasants unionized under a corrupt union controlled by scraps from the conservatives table...
:p

With a couple of years in Parlaiment I guess they too discovered the joys of peasant hunting

Awesome! Can we get a map in the next update?
Yes, a map please!

Also, some population figures would be nice. I've always wondered what a united India's population would be.
I was getting tired and planned to go to bed early, but all this talk of a map prodded me to finish the next page earlier than anticipated. It includes a map.

I’ll look into gathering some population info later, although I’d prefer to wait for India to gather more of its cores.

In brief, before the crown from the gutter, Panjab had 9.39M pops and 71/73 brigades (down from 70/87 at the start of the war).
Once the crown was accepted, India had 14.2M pops and 71/139 brigades.
When the war was won, two and a half months later, it had 17.35M pops and 70/154 brigades.

He swallowed the bait and now feels the hook. Mwa-ha-ha!

Nameless soldiers! I'm rooting for your survival!
Whoops. I take back what I said.
And Dalip is suckered!
All hail Dalip!
Powerless Ruler of India
That’s what happens when a young king becomes overambitious…

ah but no text saying what you CAN do, often means no text saying what you CAN'T do either?
That will be up to the constitutional lawyers and future members of parliament to determine.

This, incidentally, is precisely why the swedish constitution of 1809 in exhaustive detail insist that the king is not allowed to own fisheries, but makes no mention about voting rights.
Heh, I didn’t know that! Sounds like a good constitution for the time – limits the king explicitly, while leaving the window open for reforms in other areas.

Bah, laws were made to bended, twisted and circumvented. If Dalip wanted ,he could manipulate things his way ( remember how he suckered everyone into a war with GB ? :D ). Now let's see if he wants it or if we are going to see more absinthe related episodes due to heavy drinking :p

The peasants unionized under a corrupt union controlled by scraps from the conservatives table...
:p
With a couple of years in Parlaiment I guess they too discovered the joys of peasant hunting
There’s a lot of dirty deals being made between parties at this juncture. Anything is possible! :p

:eek:hmy: How will India survive without the great beard of Dalip to lead them to glory?
Oh, India will have its great beard. Just a bit less of the lip behind it…

Last edited:
44: Victory III