• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow.

Talk about "pyrrhic victory", huh?

I know that Panjab has moved on, but I'd love to see the humiliation poster from Britain. Mmmmmm.

I don't think a poster would suffice... Maybe ask for the Koh-i-Noor back – doubly ironic since IRL it was a Duleep who presented it to Queen Victoria :)

Actually if the Panjabi cassualties were lower, the war wouldn't be so epic/patriotic :nods:

Right you are!

Dalip really is getting both ruthless and cynical ... one could say the perfect statesman?

He may be getting a bit too shrewd for his own sake…

I know that Panjab has moved on, but I'd love to see the humiliation poster from Britain. Mmmmmm.
oh, and peasant hunting, let's not forget that noble, ancient institution.

Ah, the old customs of Panjab. How they clash with these more modern times! I’ll try to find a way to address them at some point, though probably not too soon.

... and we only lost 40000 soldiers :D True, the brits are bleeding more than you, but really, this is WW I level casualties .

But atleast we won ! :p
Wow.

Talk about "pyrrhic victory", huh?
Yeah, the losses are appalling. Panjab could support 88 brigades in its standing army at the start of the war (it had 70 active) and by the events of the next page that support number has gone down to 79 (with 72 active). In other words, I've so far lost 10% of my total soldier POPs.

Dalip - the idiot savant of warfare.

Enjoyable as ever though the comedy does mask your impressive in-game accomplishments. Kudos on those.

I too await your victory poster for Britain.

Thank you, kind sir! We’ll see about that poster. Maybe a mural is in order…

Oh the Humanity!
When will this endless war end? :rolleyes:
Oh, such cruel fates that delight in pitting nation against nation, laughing at our misery-for-which-Dalip-bears-no-personal-responsibility!

I don't think a poster would suffice... Maybe ask for the Koh-i-Noor back – doubly ironic since IRL it was a Duleep who presented it to Queen Victoria :)
But in this reality the Koh-i-Noor is still safely in Dalip’s vault! (and that Duleep is the same person as my Dalip – it’s just an alternative spelling and life, since in this case Dalip ascended to the throne without the context of early wars with Britain and Lahore’s conquest by the East India Company.)

Last edited:
41: Diplomacy II

Those liberals sure look shady...

I loved the CSA ambassador!

Well, them liberals were sleeping from 1836 to 1866 more or less, so they ought to have quite some energy for uniting India. Howhever, I'm affraid of the 'liberal assurances'; will Dalip become a mere figurehead, oh the horror!

I'd fallen behind a bit on this, buts its excellent as always. I'm looking forward to Panjab taking that great step to Indian national unity. You really are going to become a titanic power, a unified Indian nation should have no problem casting out the last of the British invaders before the game is through. :)

There is absolutely no way that Dalip will get out of this deal without some burns, if not worse ....

P.S Dalip actually said " whatever it takes" ? Oh God, what will happen if the libs ask to stop peasant hunting ? ;) It will be pure chaos :p

Liberal assurances huh? I kind of want Dalip to go all reactionary on them... "Liberal assurances?! I'll show you liberal assurances!"

But I know that ain't going to happen so... :p

I just updated an hour ago!
Lol sorry that must've looked terribly impatient! I hadn't checked the timestamp on the update post. I had read up from some updates ago and just saw your last post (and the time). That made me think "hey he's online - maybe he's about to post another update!" - I didn't realize that you had just done that. :D

This is one of the most entertaining AARs I have read so far. It's a little disappointing though that even after all this time, Dalip has not grown a real beard :D . Oh well, he still has time.

So onwards to India. Just don't be too rash ;) ...

Those liberals sure look shady...

I loved the CSA ambassador!
Well, them liberals were sleeping from 1836 to 1866 more or less, so they ought to have quite some energy for uniting India. Howhever, I'm affraid of the 'liberal assurances'; will Dalip become a mere figurehead, oh the horror!
mhh, does look as if Dalip's wish for a quiet snooze may be leading him to ignore something rather important
Dalip wants change in the Subcontinent. Pretty soon he’s gonna get it… though that is not to say he’s thought everything properly through.

I'd fallen behind a bit on this, buts its excellent as always. I'm looking forward to Panjab taking that great step to Indian national unity. You really are going to become a titanic power, a unified Indian nation should have no problem casting out the last of the British invaders before the game is through. :)
Yep, Panjab is strong as it is, but with the rest of India I think the #1 spot may not be out of reach in a few decades’ time.

There is absolutely no way that Dalip will get out of this deal without some burns, if not worse ....

P.S Dalip actually said " whatever it takes" ? Oh God, what will happen if the libs ask to stop peasant hunting ? ;) It will be pure chaos :p
Dont even say that!
These are tumultuous times indeed…

Liberal assurances huh? I kind of want Dalip to go all reactionary on them... "Liberal assurances?! I'll show you liberal assurances!"

But I know that ain't going to happen so... :p
We shall fight for our sacred ancient rights of peasant hunting!
Boy, if this was an interactive AAR I can only imagine the power the reactionaries would have right now… :p

What is this slaying of the flower of Britains youth doing for your prestige?
Not as much good as you’d think, since I’ve taken a few beatings myself. It’s only up by a few points.

Lol sorry that must've looked terribly impatient! I hadn't checked the timestamp on the update post. I had read up from some updates ago and just saw your last post (and the time). That made me think "hey he's online - maybe he's about to post another update!" - I didn't realize that you had just done that. :D
Hehe! You’re excused! :p

This is one of the most entertaining AARs I have read so far. It's a little disappointing though that even after all this time, Dalip has not grown a real beard :D . Oh well, he still has time.

So onwards to India. Just don't be too rash ;) ...
He grooms it. Or at least he tries. He’s bound to give up at some point…

Without his gloriously intelligent and sexy leadership how would India even function!
Oh, that such a horrible day may never come!

Before we get on with the story (which won’t be today), here’s a distraction:

Subcontinental Sublimations 41x4: Mangala and the Maharaja

(See Maharaja's Quest for the previous part)