• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
38 brigades sounds about right. Kashgar province, to the north of my mountains, can support just 2,000 soldiers of mine. Assuming the Chinese get more support as its owners (is it three times as much? I don't remember), that still kills off 15% of all Chinese troops per month until they reach a pathetically small sustainable number. And I didn't lure them to attack right away...

Good to have you on board, sactwu and SiikFajitas!

Haha, the explanation for "No Commander" is brilliant!

The no-named strategist's plan was bound to fail, is he not aware of the atrocious literacy of Chinese soldier POPs?

Fighting China early may be a good thing if You can hold the mountains. They'll come at you in vast waves and take massive attrition and since most will not have leaders you'll be able to kill large numbers of them and Get lots of prestige and Warscore. So it'll help westernisation.

Hi, I've been away for the past few days and now I'm a bit ill, but since I'm back home I'll try to keep up my updates to one every day or two, provided my fever doesn't get any worse. Thandros is spot on with the strategy.

06: The Terms

Great, the Chinese have no answer for the 6000 taunting men!

Those 6000 taunting men... are they french? Do they say the enemy's mothers were hamsters and that their fathers smelled of elderberries?

It's not so much the 6,000 taunters as the 18,000 reinforcements under Ranjit Singh who show up once each battle commences. ;)

They've resorted to taunting since it became apparent that the Chinese soldiers are too illiterate to read the signs the vizier used last time (well spotted, Tanzhang (譚張))...

BONUS CONTENT!

China's humiliation poster, made of finest silk:

Brilliant!