• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Isn't it about time Delip ditched his purple cupcake for a monocle and top hat?

Finally caught up on this little gem. Fantastic AAR! I really like the westernization scene.

so glad you passed the audit ...

Great stuff, gotta love the idea that you need to deal with such an inspection in order to westernize. :D

Thanks! Yeah, after some unciv games the westernization procedure starts to look like gathering civ points for a committee of European great power inspectors…

Good to see the Germans have rubber stamped your transition to civilisation :D

I tried to give the German, Austrian, French, Russian and British roughly balanced talking parts, although inevitably one of them would have to have the final word (leave it to the German and the British now to argue which of them was that person). But aside from that, Panjab has rather nice relations with the NGF. They’ll probably get better in the future.

Of course the paperwork (or inspection in this case) is what's always holding you up.

Blame the Germans. They always have to do things the organized way. ;)

As do I!

I also had to laugh due to the fourth panel as it almost seemed as if the waiter is naked, so close to flesh coloured is his clothing. Which would rather explain why the British ambassador is not convinced of Panjab's claim to be civilised!

Hehe! That hadn’t occurred to me!

Nice foreshadowing of the many Panjab-GB wars there.

Looks like someone is attuned to the finer details of storytelling! ;)

Aw yeah! Next stop, Great Power.

Great Power isn't good enough for Panjab and This AAR Awesome power or Ultimate power would be far better

I like the way you think! (Hint: Dalip does too) :)

Isn't it about time Delip ditched his purple cupcake for a monocle and top hat?

Don’t be silly, good sir! He might get some cool steampunk goggles at some point in the future, though (or he might not).

So, which one was the Austrian and which one was the German? I have a hard time telling them apart. My guess is that the one with the weird sunglasses is German and the one without is Austrian.

Selzro, congratulations, I've just named you Character Writer of the Week! Keep up the good work!

Yay! :)
Also, I checked and Subcontinental Subtleties is now the 13th most viewed Vic2 AAR (excluding interactive AARs, which get an ungodly amount of posts and views). It is now a secondary power and should be able to colonize other fora, if they are within range of its ports.

So, which one was the Austrian and which one was the German? I have a hard time telling them apart. My guess is that the one with the weird sunglasses is German and the one without is Austrian.

Here’s a clearer sketch of the ambassadors; your guess was close but not close enough.

Hmm, more peasant hunting, less westernisation!
Steam Punk goggles! Oh sweet Jesus yes!
Hm, these two requests are hard to reconcile… But Panjab is now firmly on the path to progress. Will that lead to aristocrats hunting peasants from low-flying zeppelins with maxim guns? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Hm, these two requests are hard to reconcile… But Panjab is now firmly on the path to progress. Will that lead to aristocrats hunting peasants from low-flying zeppelins with maxim guns? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Kinda takes the sport out of it, no?

BTW are those ambassadors meant to be based on any real-life people? The British guy reminds me of Chamberlain with that coat and monocle.

Kinda takes the sport out of it, no?

BTW are those ambassadors meant to be based on any real-life people? The British guy reminds me of Chamberlain with that coat and monocle.

The Austrian one was loosely based, in appearance, on Baron Franz von Pillersdorf, and I did give the French one a Charlie Chaplin mustache, though I cannot for the life of me remember why it seemed like a good idea at that time... Also, the Russian one got a red beard because he's a Rus. That's the full extent of the depth that went into the design (oh, and the British one was made to look extra haughty, because he's British and Panjab will not get along with them well in the near future).

It is now a secondary power and should be able to colonize other fora, if they are within range of its ports.

:rofl:

How about zeppelins powered by elephats launching an aerial invasion of Britian :D

Hunting peasants from Steam-powered walkers is not that much different from using elephants?!?

Steam powered walkers with elephants on them landing on the beaches of Britain after being deployed by Zeppelins that rise from the sea?

Best AAR ever!

Fantastic! I was looking for a nice aar and I found this one in first (I'm lucky) ! It is funny, clever, well-designed ... Congratulations !:cool: