• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rofl: All things considered, the kid appears to be having a great time!

Has Delip changed his name?
He was commonly called Duleep in real life, when he lived in Britain (and I was writing from memory so I forgot the 'u'...).

Yes, Dalip is having a blast in Paris. But soon he will be recalled to Punjab, where his decisions will ultimately shape the future of the subcontinent...

Fun fact of the day! Charles Baudelaire (poet of 'The Flowers of Evil' fame) traveled to India once, when he was young. While the subcontinent left a lasting impression on him, he liked to embellish his stories with exaggerations later in life (including riding on elephants).

Very good stuff.

Yes, Dalip is having a blast in Paris. But soon he will be recalled to Punjab, where his decisions will ultimately shape the future of the subcontinent...

A truly frightening proposition. Almost as frightening as the Sultan's expression in the last panel!

Here is a map from 1858 (there have been no border changes as of yet):

Panjab will aspire to form India, once it westernizes and feels confident enough to challenge the British for local supremacy. Dalip will clearly be the man for the job (you are right to be afraid, morningSIDEr).

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! :)

I've been ill for the past few days and too dizzy to do any drawing, but I'll try to get one ready sooner rather than later.

Too dizzy to draw? But that will be perfect to emulate the new Raj's rule!

In OTL the pamirs weren't explored until the 20th century and the only passes found were shut to all but hard mountain troops (and shut to everyone in summer because of flooding and winter because of snow). One hypothises that the events of this AAR would mean the regions are more extensivly mapped and explored earlyer, the same goes for the Taklamakan Desert.

In OTL the pamirs weren't explored until the 20th century and the only passes found were shut to all but hard mountain troops (and shut to everyone in summer because of flooding and winter because of snow). One hypothises that the events of this AAR would mean the regions are more extensivly mapped and explored earlyer, the same goes for the Taklamakan Desert.

Luckily AHD will have impassable borders, fixing things like China invading Sikh through the Pamirs or the British invading China through the Himalayas.

Also, this AAR rocks.

EDIT: Just found out that you also wrote Sing A Septinsular Song. No wonder I like this AAR too. Going to read your other ones now too, they must rock equally hard.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to impassable borders as well. Much as I enjoyed drawing China's humiliation posters after the fact, these repeated wars are ridiculous. Tibet is no better (though war hasn't come to that region of the world - yet).

Thanks CaptRobau! You may find the Australian AAR a bit disappointing (I mostly made it for the upside-down maps), but with the rest I have striven to rock as hard as conditions and my own increasing experience allowed.

Sorry zagoroth but your concept, while intriguing, proved less than ideal when I tried to put it in practice... ;)

Supply in Vicky 2 has always been screwy, funnily enough the realisation struck me as I was invading Panjab as Two Sicilies around the time I was reading loki100's excellent Wars in America AAR, which contains much agonising about the length of the campaign season the ability to sustain operations far from home.

Regardless, the new Chinese war gives you a nice helping of prestige.

Thanks CaptRobau! You may find the Australian AAR a bit disappointing (I mostly made it for the upside-down maps), but with the rest I have striven to rock as hard as conditions and my own increasing experience allowed.

Yeah, Australia wasn't exactly my favorite AAR. But the other ones are great, especially the later ones. Your writing and gaming qualities are constantly increasing.

The only problem I have with those older 1.1 and 1.2 AARs is that they remind me how relatively broken the game was at the start (not compared to other PI games which are generally unplayable around release). Constant wars for silly reasons, etc. Luckily 1.4 and mods like PDM have fixed a lot of those problems. Makes the contrast even greater though. Can't wait for AHD, it's looking perfect at the moment.

17: Succession II