• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd be tempted to take a bite out of them if they kept trying this sort of thing. Free the Xinjiang Clique or something; might as well have a nice desert buffer between you and China.

Next time, demand that the Chinese Emperor feed you grapes while you recline on a Roman-Style couch.

And the Emperor must be wearing a bikini.

A neon bikini.

Yay, another great update!

I don't think he westernized yet, he just had the winds of westernization? He still needs the prestige and military score.

There is no possibility to demand anything drastic from the Chinese, you'd need more warscore than 25% and to do that you'd have to occupy parts of their land and they simply have too many brigades for fighting a successful offensive war. Defensive, with the trick in the mountainpasses, is doable. But don't pass by any opportunity to keep them humiliated yeah, it keeps them from westernizing which is good for you in the long run.
On the other hand, if you can take something off them now before you actually westernize, that province also turns into a state (not a colony) when you do. What are other good provinces that might be releaseable from China? Taiwan isn't too much score right? Plus its not next to hundreds of brigades and can be defended pretty effective. You probably don't want to release Xinyiang because it hampers your ability to influence them later (+50% for being neighbours).
If you are better equipped and with more men later, then you'd better release Yunnan as that prevents the British from influencing them too much (Assuming they took Burma) or alternatively prevent the Russians by releasing Mongolia and Manchuria and then taking that proto-Kazakh (Kokand?) state for yourself. Russia will eventually take the Chinese part of Sofianova and Primorsk (hopefully) so they will lack borders. The only thing you'd have to prevent then as well is the British from coming up via the Himalaya and taking Tibet for yourself. Anyway, /some random thoughts.

With the British SOI shattered, you could maybe snag a few border states which were originally under British control... after the war of course.

He just westernized, thats too inhumane right now...how bout put him into slavery?

Nah, I think its just the "Winds of Westernation" event.

How about the humiliation poster is the Chinese ambassador nailed to the wall?

He'd have to be nailed down wouldn't he? We wouldn't want those winds to blow him back to Beijing.

Good to see the nation progressing well, advancing technlogically. I think it time to put some of this new technology to good use and punish China for her cheek once again.

Congratulations Selzro, you're WritAAR of the Week! Head over to the thread to collect your plaudits.
Yay! I'll head over there soon. This is such a nice holidays present! :)

China will be punished, but how much remains to be seen. The 'winds of westernization' event came a lot later than I had anticipated (in most unciv games it appears fairly early into the game), and I'm very close to westernization - but I'll have to be at peace to enact the reform, so that may cut the war short with the Chinese. I think the Chinese emissary will escape crucifixion/slavery/being nailed to the wall/being burned at the stake/having the humiliation poster nailed on him/some other equally gruesome fate. Though the idea of the Chinese emperor deeding Sher Singh grapes while wearing a bikini is eerily... interesting. :)

I say liberate one of the cliques this time, make them suffer.

16: The Sound of a Cranial Aneurysm

Wow, someones confident.

That's the Vic2 Chinese for you. Although I must disclose that, while I have so far followed the events of the game to the letter, the Chinese did not, in fact, add any more terms. I just needed an excuse to give Sher an aneurism, as a plot device.

But I wouldn't put it past them to do just that, if they ever started winning. ;)

Has Delip changed his name?

This is amazing!