• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good that everything is going well, large peasant families being oppressed correctly, the military bowing to their superior and, uh, China declaring war once again. Get the placards readied!

you've outdone yourself again selzro, excellent aar

Thank you gremlok and ncm! Society is progressing nicely and submissively, morningSIDEr. In case it's not very clear, the techs researched in each panel are: freedom of trade (1845), the rights of man (1847), malthusian thought (1849), and the command principle (1851), while private banks is up next.

Hmm, taunt, rinse and repeat I suppose? :D

More or less, yes. The geography hasn't changed, so why should my tactics? Like father like son. :)

Now where have I heard the phrase 'Central Asian might' before?

Err..., why is Sher Ranjit refered to as the Maharaja incognito?

I think he's doing the old 'walk among the people in disguise' thing, the joke being that absolutely everyone knows who he is.

Those Chinese sure are gluttons for punishment aren't they? Oh well, better them than the British.

Err..., why is Sher Ranjit refered to as the Maharaja incognito?

Dewirix is correct; I should have been more explicit about the joke, but this is a very subtle comic. :p You might have noticed that Sher Singh had replaced the royal purple feather on his turban with a plain white one, as a clever disguise - but not clever enough.

The Chinese still use masses of irregulars across deserts and attacking Panjab on mountains, so this war won't be much of a threat. Plus, now we have The Command Principle!

Considering the amount of prestige they bleed during those unfortunate wars, they are unlikely to westernize early. At least, I experienced such in my Panjab game. Playing 1.2, I have hardly seen China westernize.

That's true, China loses an ungodly amount of prestige with these wars. And that's a good thing too, since the longer it takes China to westernize, the more time Panjab/India will have to cement its position as the dominant Asian power.

12: Sphere Dysfunction

Hahahahahahaha....

Btw, try to make buddies with Japan. They'll be China's Achelles heel before long.