• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Never underestimate what a well rested liberal can do...
Specially liberals who seem to have been sleeping for decades! My, all that accumulated energy!

Sorry for not posting a new page yet, guys. Real life is rather hectic this week, and I might not get the time I need until the weekend... In answer to Serek000's query, each page takes me about a couple of hours once I have the text and storyboard settled in my head, depending on how many elements I recycle (as a rule of thumb, it's typically 2 new images for every 3 recycled images) - longer if I'm experimenting with new styles. It may seem artistically primitive, but even so it takes some time to draw everything, create speech bubbles and put it all together (each panel is created separately and resized to (usually) 50% of its original size, then placed in the composite image). If I had written this as a normal AAR, I would have reached this point in the story by the third update or so, within a week of starting the AAR...

Beware the liberals. Still waters run deep... ;)

Subcontinental Sublimations: Maharaja's Quest

Double feature!

24: Simla and Firozpur

Great double feature!

Hmm, I guess you could call those battles successful. :D

Awesome your winning you have just smashed four large armies how many more men do they have you could easily taken out roughly 65 brigades but Usually I see Great Britian with 200+ brigades and plenty of naval capacity to ship them to fronts like this. Be on your guard the war is far from won.

You've reached the maximum battle war-score with four battles. That's quite impressive :)

The top comic left me bamboozled.

My god in Panjab this is brilliant. Although, losing your frame of reference is impossible as one's reference frame is always considered, by yourself, to be absolute.

Also, how did you beat the British that badly? I would have thought that they would have a massive technological edge.

My god in Panjab this is brilliant. Although, losing your frame of reference is impossible as one's reference frame is always considered, by yourself, to be absolute.

Also, how did you beat the British that badly? I would have thought that they would have a massive technological edge.
Ah, but you forget, this is the mid-19th century. It is assumed that there is an absolute, universal frame of reference, bound with the luminiferous aether. It was only in 1887 that the Michelson-Morley experiment cast serious doubt on the existence of such a concept, leading to its eventual replacement by special relativity.

The British had better techs, but I had lots of artillery, very good defensive generals and local numerical superiority (or mountains, in the case of Simla). The defensive bonuses I got offset the enemy offensive bonuses from higher technology, while the higher British morale ultimately meant that they fought longer, even to the point of annihilation in Forzipur...

British armies will be rebuilt in India, but for now there is a window of opportunity to launch a wide offensive and occupy as much land as can be taken in a peace deal, while their initial armies are evaporated. I've already got maximum score from battles, as tamius23 noticed, so occupation is the name of the game. This tactic was particularly successful because of the British Revolution. Without their satellites in India, the front was only two provinces long, and there are also no Indian armies fighting against Panjab. So, although there's always fear of a British landing, Thandros, things are optimistic. It should be added that Transvaal and the Netherlands joined the war as Britain's allies, but have yet to contribute any troops to the war effort, and that does not seem very likely to change in the near future.

The map on the table in the second picture was awesome!

awesome stuff ... is it just me connecting being 'light headed' at the end of the second update with wandering off into the aether in the first?
Thanks! I wrote/drew these two pages almost simultaneously, so the lightheadedness is not entirely unconnected...

Thanks Malurous, Omen, Deaghaidh and Vrael_1942! I had been reading a lot of Order of the Stick in the month prior to starting this AAR, so it was a strong stylistic influence...

PS: Mangala is the Hindu name for the planet (and god) Mars, for those who may be wondering.

I do hope that the weird vission was some strange dream and not a by product off all the absinthe he must have had during his time in Paris... You don't want your maharaja going nuts at this point