• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
37: Benares

I love the way you have the diplomacy map superimposed at an angle on the table. It's just beautiful. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all of that in Paint of all things.

Note to Dalip, when you move a 15k man army do rememver to tell your Generals; you don't want to shoot them later for getting your capitol taken.

Leave the war to the generals! Away with the Maharajah (from matters of war)!

great post again :)
Don’t give the generals ideas! …oh, too late…

oh whoops, is there something Dalip should have mentioned earlier?
Haha. Forgetfulness is the greatest trait a ruler can have.
Note to Dalip, when you move a 15k man army do rememver to tell your Generals; you don't want to shoot them later for getting your capitol taken.
He’s got a country to run, he can’t remember every little detail!

Is going to pull a Gamelin?
Well, he’s not the only one in charge of the armies, despite making it look that way, so the worst may be averted.

So, where are the reserves ? ;)

BTW nice touch on the "only" 10000 losses. More 3 of those "only" and you have no army :D
Heh, things aren’t that bad – 70 brigades is 210,000 men in the Panjabi army. But the soldiers fighting in Benares couldn’t quite see it that way.

I love the way you have the diplomacy map superimposed at an angle on the table. It's just beautiful. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all of that in Paint of all things.
The trick is that I’m not using Paint, but rather Paint Shop Pro 6, a 1999 program that gives more options than Paint, although it’s not at the level of Photoshop. Still, I suppose one could get comparable results for the map with the stretch/skew option in Paint. All the other effects can be as easily done in either program, I think.

Last edited:
38: Enemy at the Gates

"Sort of like a thunderbolt-type of warfare." :rofl: Genius!

Dalip's cunning plan came close enough to backfiring. :D

Lovely, I used Paint Shop Pro in the 90s as well, and actually kept using something similar to what you're using until I found GIMP. I still get confused when people talk about Playstation Portable since PSP is the abbreviation of something else entirely to me...

Dalip, the origin of 19th century facepalms :D Also complete with military bad puns :)

So, the Brits were pushed out of Lahore proximities. Are they dead yet or you will need to lose a lot of time pingponging them to death? You need those troops for Bombay :/

Last edited:
Very happy to see that this is still going.

Soon the Brits shall be expelled and the Indians will have all the delicious tea to themselves!

"Sort of like a thunderbolt-type of warfare." :rofl: Genius!

Dalip's cunning plan came close enough to backfiring. :D

Lovely, I used Paint Shop Pro in the 90s as well, and actually kept using something similar to what you're using until I found GIMP. I still get confused when people talk about Playstation Portable since PSP is the abbreviation of something else entirely to me...
Heh, I’ve been having the exact same trouble with the PSP acronym!

Yes, indeed he should; but he won't :p
But he might.

Though he probably won’t.

the 'upper hand on the higher ground' ... genius
:)

Dalip, the origin of 19th century facepalms :D Also complete with military bad puns :)

So, the Brits were pushed out of Lahore proximities. Are they dead yet or you will need to lose a lot of time pingponging them to death? You need those troops for Bombay :/

Some ping-ponging will be needed, I’m afraid. Bombay is not looking so good at the moment, but the main battlefield is now in the east.

"The upper hand on the higher ground" I shall plagiarise that and try to use in casual conversation.
Feel free!

typical V2 moment:
oops, enemy reinforcements... there goes half a decent plan.
Yeah… Although how was Dalip to guess that the world’s greatest naval power would conduct a landing on Panjab’s only port province? He’s not a psychic!

Well I'm glad I found this AAR - I shall begin using Dalip's masterful strategies in all my future battles.
If you’re referring to the “let’s bait them on defensible ground and then move in reinforcements with a good defensive general”, Ranjit claims its paternity in this AAR. Otherwise, you’re in for some interesting times! ;)

Very happy to see that this is still going.

Soon the Brits shall be expelled and the Indians will have all the delicious tea to themselves!
Yes! Soon all the tea will be Dalip’s! Dalip’s!! Er, I mean India’s.

India’s!

"Thunderbolt-type of warfare"? It'll never catch on!
Crazy, I know.