• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm, that may be difficult, but fortunately Panjab has a great tradition of nepotism, so the saffron turban (and PM sash) can be passed on to a direct descendant that looks surprisingly like the original vizier.

33: The Expedition

Don't If you pose for photographs before you leave it'll be doomed to fail. Do them when they get back having found it otherwise they'll likely never find it.

Very good stuff as ever. I think that when it comes to deciding upon a good name for an expedition Dalip has definetly nailed it.

Very good stuff as ever. I think that when it comes to deciding upon a good name for an expedition Dalip has definetly nailed it.

I don't know, I kind of preferred the original title.

EDIT: Oh I see what you did there. ;)

Are there any in-game costs associated with doing that, or is it basically free prestige?

Don't If you pose for photographs before you leave it'll be doomed to fail. Do them when they get back having found it otherwise they'll likely never find it.
Alas! Dalip is not genre savvy enough! He’ll just have to hope the random number generator favours his plan.

I don't know, I kind of preferred the original title.

EDIT: Oh I see what you did there. ;)
well if it all goes wrong you can write a poem bemoaning how for 'the want of a nail, the nile was lost' (or to be technically correct never found ... on the grounds that the Nile as such is not so much lost as unfound(ed))
Dalip’s academic background shines through his cunning use of alliteration. If the expedition fails, Panjabi poetry might be all the better for it.

Haha. I love your updates as always.

Also, congratulations on your award! :D

Thank you! I’ve put it in the OP, along with the others. :)

Are there any in-game costs associated with doing that, or is it basically free prestige?
There's a monetary cost, but with Panjab's booming economy it's really insubstantial. There's always the chance that another GP will get there first, but for some strange reason it's been my experience that the human player gets the prize (in this and also the races to the poles) a disproportionate amount of times.

34: The Expedition II

Last week? Dalip has nothing to worry about, when it comes to politics most people can't remember stuff that happened so long ago. ;)

Oh, and the alliterated names are hilarious!

Last edited:
Great news that the expedition has proven successful. There can be little doubt that the Nile Nailers would have failed but for the great support given to them by Dalip!

Simply Amazing, can't wait for next one.