• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subcontinental Sublimations: Easter Special

(Yes, I realize Easter Sunday was last week for most of the western world, but the Orthodox Church uses a different formula to calculate the date, so it's tomorrow in Greece. Plus, I spent most of the past week hooked on HoI2 (I got nostalgic and tried out a new campaign for a bit - when I realized what I had gotten myself into, it was half a week later)...)

Sorry for the delay. I'm still recovering from my HoI2 binge...

In the meantime, I'd like to direct your attention to the AArland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 1) - there's still time to vote, and it's a nice way to support your favourite AARs (disclaimer: this is not self-promotion) and find out about other popular ones from the votes already cast, or by exploring ones you haven't read to see if they are worthy material for your votes.

32: Free Trade II

Reactions:
I cannot agree more with Dalip, it is for China herself to find out this information. Should she lose a few thousand soldiers before finally doing so that is unfortunate but so be it! Panjab needs another humiliation poster.

I cannot agree more with Dalip, it is for China herself to find out this information. Should she lose a few thousand soldiers before finally doing so that is unfortunate but so be it! Panjab needs another humiliation poster.
I'm afraid Dalip, being a bit more subtle than his older brother or father, is less inclined towards posters and more inclined towards getting the Chinese dependent on Panjab and into the latter's SOI. Will that manage to avert war with the Dragon in our generation? Time (actually, this comic) will tell. But for now, the Opium War casus belli remains unused, while the British lion recomposes itself in the south.

Sorry Le Pix, but for tonight these 6 mostly-cut-and-paste panels will have to do... :/

Welcome aboard, Chilango2! :)

Maybe instead of a humiliation poster, why don't we transport the Forbbiden City (brick by brick) to Punjab (and maybe the Great Wall, as well)

The system certainly sounds hilarious when it's put that way! :D

Just a quick note to say that I nominated Selzro for Character Writer of the Week for this AAR, not being aware that he already took that prize in January (I only scrolled back to February when I checked for this). Even so, I regret nothing! Every so often you come across an AAR so awesome that you just can't see enough plaudits tossed its way, and this is certainly one of them. I only hope the poor Vizier/Prime Minister at least manages to make it to 1936...

Wow! That was... unexpected, eqqman! Thanks! :)

I haven't updated much recently, but that's due to a sudden increase in workload (coming right after a massive HoI2 binge...). But I've got the captions for the next three pages written - I'll just have to find the time to draw them...