+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Subcontinental Subtleties: An experimental comic AAR

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

A quick reply to all before posting the next page,
    - Yes, my chances of victory are very, very good - but it's not certain, and Russia does pose a potential threat - although I had not taken it very seriously in the early stages of this war.
    - I am not a genius - merely a fan of creative story-telling and gaming.
    - Panjab is rather jingoistic - this will have some effect on the story in later pages, so I shouldn't give out too much.
    - The Nile Nailers feel a lot worse than they should, seeing as the war would have started when it did regardless of their success or failure. But try telling them that...
    - (@ thekinguter) Panjab has been industrializing rapidly ever since its westernization - I hinted at that with the chimneys that have appeared in Lahore's background.
    - Drama! Comedy! Action! Possibly shading! All these and more in... Subcontinental Subtleties!
    My AARs: A History of the Wars of the Achaean League (EU Rome Gold) - ongoing --- Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- and more (all completed): check my inkwell

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

37: Benares

My AARs: A History of the Wars of the Achaean League (EU Rome Gold) - ongoing --- Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- and more (all completed): check my inkwell

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

Leave the war to the generals! Away with the Maharajah (from matters of war)!

great post again
    "Now theatres are a very special animal..."

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

oh whoops, is there something Dalip should have mentioned earlier?
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Haha. Forgetfulness is the greatest trait a ruler can have.

I love the way you have the diplomacy map superimposed at an angle on the table. It's just beautiful. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all of that in Paint of all things.

Note to Dalip, when you move a 15k man army do rememver to tell your Generals; you don't want to shoot them later for getting your capitol taken.
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Is going to pull a Gamelin?
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

So, where are the reserves ?

BTW nice touch on the "only" 10000 losses. More 3 of those "only" and you have no army

Quote Originally Posted by Juan_de_Marco View Post
    Leave the war to the generals! Away with the Maharajah (from matters of war)!

great post again
    Don’t give the generals ideas! …oh, too late…

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    oh whoops, is there something Dalip should have mentioned earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    Haha. Forgetfulness is the greatest trait a ruler can have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    Note to Dalip, when you move a 15k man army do rememver to tell your Generals; you don't want to shoot them later for getting your capitol taken.
    He’s got a country to run, he can’t remember every little detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Is going to pull a Gamelin?
    Well, he’s not the only one in charge of the armies, despite making it look that way, so the worst may be averted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Rolo View Post
    So, where are the reserves ?

BTW nice touch on the "only" 10000 losses. More 3 of those "only" and you have no army
    Heh, things aren’t that bad – 70 brigades is 210,000 men in the Panjabi army. But the soldiers fighting in Benares couldn’t quite see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoward View Post
    I love the way you have the diplomacy map superimposed at an angle on the table. It's just beautiful. Honestly, I don't know how you can do all of that in Paint of all things.
    The trick is that I’m not using Paint, but rather Paint Shop Pro 6, a 1999 program that gives more options than Paint, although it’s not at the level of Photoshop. Still, I suppose one could get comparable results for the map with the stretch/skew option in Paint. All the other effects can be as easily done in either program, I think.
    Last edited by Selzro; 30-08-2012 at 19:48.

38: Enemy at the Gates

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

"Sort of like a thunderbolt-type of warfare." Genius!

Dalip's cunning plan came close enough to backfiring.

Lovely, I used Paint Shop Pro in the 90s as well, and actually kept using something similar to what you're using until I found GIMP. I still get confused when people talk about Playstation Portable since PSP is the abbreviation of something else entirely to me...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Yes, indeed he should; but he won't
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

the 'upper hand on the higher ground' ... genius
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Dalip, the origin of 19th century facepalms Also complete with military bad puns

So, the Brits were pushed out of Lahore proximities. Are they dead yet or you will need to lose a lot of time pingponging them to death? You need those troops for Bombay :/
    Last edited by Ricardo Rolo; 13-06-2012 at 00:08.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    "The upper hand on the higher ground" I shall plagiarise that and try to use in casual conversation.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

typical V2 moment:
    oops, enemy reinforcements... there goes half a decent plan.
    "Now theatres are a very special animal..."

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Blog Entries
    Well I'm glad I found this AAR - I shall begin using Dalip's masterful strategies in all my future battles.

Not the King of Prussia Legendary Bard's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

Very happy to see that this is still going.

Soon the Brits shall be expelled and the Indians will have all the delicious tea to themselves!

"And no, we don't endorse genocide." ~ Captain Gars

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

"Thunderbolt-type of warfare"? It'll never catch on!
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 55 ... LastLast