+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Subcontinental Subtleties: An experimental comic AAR

Quote Originally Posted by eqqman View Post
    I only hope the poor Vizier/Prime Minister at least manages to make it to 1936...
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy117 View Post
    If Vizier is to survive till 1936 he's going to need some steampunk augmentation.
    Or zombification.... I demand steampunkish zombification!
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Hm, that may be difficult, but fortunately Panjab has a great tradition of nepotism, so the saffron turban (and PM sash) can be passed on to a direct descendant that looks surprisingly like the original vizier.
    My AARs: A History of the Wars of the Achaean League (EU Rome Gold) - ongoing --- Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- and more (all completed): check my inkwell

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

33: The Expedition

My AARs: A History of the Wars of the Achaean League (EU Rome Gold) - ongoing --- Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- and more (all completed): check my inkwell

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

Ruler of Somewhere else Thandros's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

In a Secret Underground Bunker 50km beneath the Earth's surface
    Don't If you pose for photographs before you leave it'll be doomed to fail. Do them when they get back having found it otherwise they'll likely never find it.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Very good stuff as ever. I think that when it comes to deciding upon a good name for an expedition Dalip has definetly nailed it.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Very good stuff as ever. I think that when it comes to deciding upon a good name for an expedition Dalip has definetly nailed it.
    I don't know, I kind of preferred the original title.

EDIT: Oh I see what you did there.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

well if it all goes wrong you can write a poem bemoaning how for 'the want of a nail, the nile was lost' (or to be technically correct never found ... on the grounds that the Nile as such is not so much lost as unfound(ed))
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Haha. I love your updates as always.

Also, congratulations on your award!
    Last edited by Anjwalker; 03-05-2012 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandros View Post
    Don't If you pose for photographs before you leave it'll be doomed to fail. Do them when they get back having found it otherwise they'll likely never find it.
    Alas! Dalip is not genre savvy enough! He’ll just have to hope the random number generator favours his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    I don't know, I kind of preferred the original title.

EDIT: Oh I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    well if it all goes wrong you can write a poem bemoaning how for 'the want of a nail, the nile was lost' (or to be technically correct never found ... on the grounds that the Nile as such is not so much lost as unfound(ed))
    Dalip’s academic background shines through his cunning use of alliteration. If the expedition fails, Panjabi poetry might be all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    Haha. I love your updates as always.

Also, congratulations on your award!
    Thank you! I’ve put it in the OP, along with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by eqqman View Post
    Are there any in-game costs associated with doing that, or is it basically free prestige?
    There's a monetary cost, but with Panjab's booming economy it's really insubstantial. There's always the chance that another GP will get there first, but for some strange reason it's been my experience that the human player gets the prize (in this and also the races to the poles) a disproportionate amount of times.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...

Loving every minute of this...

The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

Wow,
    Im lovin it :|

"Nile Nailers"..., with a name like that you can't fail, lol
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

34: The Expedition II

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Nile Nailers: "Nailed it!"
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Dalip is getting a little "shady politician", methinks...

Lake Victoria is now Lake Dalip

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Dalip is certainly learning all the tricks of managing a democracy ... now with nile nailed in place is it time for those *utterly unexpected* revolts elsewhere in India?
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Last week? Dalip has nothing to worry about, when it comes to politics most people can't remember stuff that happened so long ago.

Oh, and the alliterated names are hilarious!
    Last edited by Malurous; 07-05-2012 at 12:45. Reason: typo
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Great news that the expedition has proven successful. There can be little doubt that the Nile Nailers would have failed but for the great support given to them by Dalip!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 ... LastLast