+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Subcontinental Subtleties: An experimental comic AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    Liberals are asleep again.
    Let sleeping liberals lie.
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold

Uh-oh, let's hope the British puppet states throughout Hindustan don't try to use this as a chance to snipe some provinces or prestige...

Top notch post, per usual. How long does it take you to make each one of these updates?

Never underestimate what a well rested liberal can do...
    Specially liberals who seem to have been sleeping for decades! My, all that accumulated energy!
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sorry for not posting a new page yet, guys. Real life is rather hectic this week, and I might not get the time I need until the weekend... In answer to Serek000's query, each page takes me about a couple of hours once I have the text and storyboard settled in my head, depending on how many elements I recycle (as a rule of thumb, it's typically 2 new images for every 3 recycled images) - longer if I'm experimenting with new styles. It may seem artistically primitive, but even so it takes some time to draw everything, create speech bubbles and put it all together (each panel is created separately and resized to (usually) 50% of its original size, then placed in the composite image). If I had written this as a normal AAR, I would have reached this point in the story by the third update or so, within a week of starting the AAR...

Beware the liberals. Still waters run deep...
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Subcontinental Sublimations: Maharaja's Quest

My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Scandinavian scoundrel Alexanderband's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Whoa!

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    I need more sleep...

Double feature!

24: Simla and Firozpur

My inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Great double feature!

Hmm, I guess you could call those battles successful.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Ruler of Somewhere else Thandros's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

In a Secret Underground Bunker 50km beneath the Earth's surface
    Awesome your winning you have just smashed four large armies how many more men do they have you could easily taken out roughly 65 brigades but Usually I see Great Britian with 200+ brigades and plenty of naval capacity to ship them to fronts like this. Be on your guard the war is far from won.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

You've reached the maximum battle war-score with four battles. That's quite impressive

The top comic left me bamboozled.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

My god in Panjab this is brilliant. Although, losing your frame of reference is impossible as one's reference frame is always considered, by yourself, to be absolute.

Also, how did you beat the British that badly? I would have thought that they would have a massive technological edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Caezaire View Post
    My god in Panjab this is brilliant. Although, losing your frame of reference is impossible as one's reference frame is always considered, by yourself, to be absolute.

Also, how did you beat the British that badly? I would have thought that they would have a massive technological edge.
    Ah, but you forget, this is the mid-19th century. It is assumed that there is an absolute, universal frame of reference, bound with the luminiferous aether. It was only in 1887 that the Michelson-Morley experiment cast serious doubt on the existence of such a concept, leading to its eventual replacement by special relativity.

The British had better techs, but I had lots of artillery, very good defensive generals and local numerical superiority (or mountains, in the case of Simla). The defensive bonuses I got offset the enemy offensive bonuses from higher technology, while the higher British morale ultimately meant that they fought longer, even to the point of annihilation in Forzipur...

British armies will be rebuilt in India, but for now there is a window of opportunity to launch a wide offensive and occupy as much land as can be taken in a peace deal, while their initial armies are evaporated. I've already got maximum score from battles, as tamius23 noticed, so occupation is the name of the game. This tactic was particularly successful because of the British Revolution. Without their satellites in India, the front was only two provinces long, and there are also no Indian armies fighting against Panjab. So, although there's always fear of a British landing, Thandros, things are optimistic. It should be added that Transvaal and the Netherlands joined the war as Britain's allies, but have yet to contribute any troops to the war effort, and that does not seem very likely to change in the near future.

My inkwell

The art is great, but those battles! Well fought, indeed.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Great work, reminds me of Order of the Stick

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

The map on the table in the second picture was awesome!
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

awesome stuff ... is it just me connecting being 'light headed' at the end of the second update with wandering off into the aether in the first?

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    awesome stuff ... is it just me connecting being 'light headed' at the end of the second update with wandering off into the aether in the first?
    Thanks! I wrote/drew these two pages almost simultaneously, so the lightheadedness is not entirely unconnected...

Thanks Malurous, Omen, Deaghaidh and Vrael_1942! I had been reading a lot of Order of the Stick in the month prior to starting this AAR, so it was a strong stylistic influence...

PS: Mangala is the Hindu name for the planet (and god) Mars, for those who may be wondering.

My inkwell

Great work as usual Seleucos, loved all your AAR's and they only get better and better! ;-)

I do hope that the weird vission was some strange dream and not a by product off all the absinthe he must have had during his time in Paris... You don't want your maharaja going nuts at this point
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 ... LastLast