+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Subcontinental Subtleties: An experimental comic AAR

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Gah! The date on the second panel is supposed to be 1845. I'll fix it when I log onto Windows again...

The Vizier in Orange has been with Panjab for a while. It seemed fitting to make him a bit more gray as time passes.
    Last edited by Selzro; 21-11-2011 at 17:59.
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Good that everything is going well, large peasant families being oppressed correctly, the military bowing to their superior and, uh, China declaring war once again. Get the placards readied!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

you've outdone yourself again selzro, excellent aar
    My AAR's:
    -------------
    I would rather fight an alliance than be part of one - Napoleon
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I love the artistic style and the humour is hilarious - particularly the attitude of everyone towards the Maharaja.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Thank you gremlok and ncm! Society is progressing nicely and submissively, morningSIDEr. In case it's not very clear, the techs researched in each panel are: freedom of trade (1845), the rights of man (1847), malthusian thought (1849), and the command principle (1851), while private banks is up next.
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Hmm, taunt, rinse and repeat I suppose?
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

How do you plan to address the new Chinese invasion - same strategy as in the first?

More or less, yes. The geography hasn't changed, so why should my tactics? Like father like son.

My inkwell

Err..., why is Sher Ranjit refered to as the Maharaja incognito?
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

I'm guessing it is a callback to the update where the army commander was referred to as a nobody. Otherwise, no idea!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Now where have I heard the phrase 'Central Asian might' before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    I think he's doing the old 'walk among the people in disguise' thing, the joke being that absolutely everyone knows who he is.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Those Chinese sure are gluttons for punishment aren't they? Oh well, better them than the British.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    Dewirix is correct; I should have been more explicit about the joke, but this is a very subtle comic. :P You might have noticed that Sher Singh had replaced the royal purple feather on his turban with a plain white one, as a clever disguise - but not clever enough.

The Chinese still use masses of irregulars across deserts and attacking Panjab on mountains, so this war won't be much of a threat. Plus, now we have The Command Principle!

My inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Selzro View Post
    The Chinese still use masses of irregulars across deserts and attacking Panjab on mountains, so this war won't be much of a threat. Plus, now we have The Command Principle!
    If China westernises early you can sense unholy amounts of Sikh and British blood.

Considering the amount of prestige they bleed during those unfortunate wars, they are unlikely to westernize early. At least, I experienced such in my Panjab game. Playing 1.2, I have hardly seen China westernize.
    "Now theatres are a very special animal..."

That's true, China loses an ungodly amount of prestige with these wars. And that's a good thing too, since the longer it takes China to westernize, the more time Panjab/India will have to cement its position as the dominant Asian power.

My inkwell

12: Sphere Dysfunction

My inkwell

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Humiliation poster! death to china!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    No mercy without humiliation poster!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Hahahahahahaha....

Btw, try to make buddies with Japan. They'll be China's Achelles heel before long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 56 ... LastLast