• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ferigad thumbs up for you follow up on your list. It's certainly an enormous task. :)

I play a game right now and will come with input if I just come across something that does not work. Must say after last update (1.0.17948b) works the game much more as a whole. However, I received a total screen freeze after I pressed something in "Battle Manger" up under "Fleets In System". I could however shut the game from the Windows Task Manager. It happened at turn 47 with 32bit.

But the game seems much more stable now, again at 32bit (have Vista 64bit). I have all the gaming features set to max. and screen resolution set to 1920x1080.

Time between screens is shortened a bit now, at least for now so much that I personally can live with it. However, the time between turns must still be shortened.

Gaming experience is now for me much better ... so much better! I'm actually pretty crazy about the game now, although there are still large gaps. I sense it is clearly the big game as I had hoped for - even for my picky taste! What a pity the game was released this catastrophic bad condition. Hope not Kerb lose too much on this ... the game definitely deserves a large audience when and if it will be made entirely finished.

Ferigad thumbs up for you follow up on your list. It's certainly an enormous task. :)

I play a game right now and will come with input if I just come across something that does not work. Must say after last update (1.0.17948b) works the game much more as a whole. However, I received a total screen freeze after I pressed something in "Battle Manger" up under "Fleets In System". I could however shut the game from the Windows Task Manager. It happened at turn 47 with 32bit.

But the game seems much more stable now, again at 32bit (have Vista 64bit). I have all the gaming features set to max. and screen resolution set to 1920x1080.

Time between screens is shortened a bit now, at least for now so much that I personally can live with it. However, the time between turns must still be shortened.

Gaming experience is now for me much better ... so much better! I'm actually pretty crazy about the game now, although there are still large gaps. I sense it is clearly the big game as I had hoped for - even for my picky taste! What a pity the game was released this catastrophic bad condition. Hope not Kerb lose too much on this ... the game definitely deserves a large audience when and if it will be made entirely finished.

You know, i've never seen any figures (and would be really interested in seeing them if anyone has any...) on how many units SotS2 has sold so far, but I have a sneaky feeling that they sold very well for the first couple weeks, despite the shape the game was in. I bought it sight-unseen on launch day. Something I never, ever, ever will do again. All the love in the world for Kerb and SotS2, but there's no way in the world anyone would have bought the game if they'd known. It would be right there in my "Wait 'till the price drops and the bugs are fixed." pile, along with several other promising titles.

I, however, could still have paid on the release day if I had been clearly warned of the game state. I do not mind supporting a good game company.

What I dislike is "buying a cat in the sack." That's what I feel about this release unfortunately.
--------------

Ferigad, we should perhaps introduce into the list that the "Fleet Formation" does not work. You can set a formation but it kept not in real time.

Sorry, i am a little bit behind. Delsanas list until update placed under a spoiler menue so ppl dont get irritated of the old list.
Didnt had time to check the Morrigi now. Some fixes where there too. Just finished some tests with Hiver and SOL-Force.

I am a little bit behind because Anno 2070 was released :p So it takes a good portion of my time atm. ^^

Fleet Formation dont work? Hum....i thought it worked again. Well i put it back then atm. But it´s not really a big issue, i think. Very low priority. Battlefield is big enough so that formations dont play a big role at all.

i remember reading that Hiver Gateships not adding to gate capacity is WAD.

are aux fiss. and aux fus. supposed to be unlocked from the start? if not, they won't work until the techs have been researched, even if they are equippable. also, you say they give no bonus; auxiliary usually means, in this context "for if the non-auxiliary version isn't working". have you checked to see what they're supposed to do?

apparently you can use MK1 shields (which are selected by default on the module) - not sure if they work, haven't tried them myself.

your 8 - moral boosting systems? do you mean the morale techs? if so, i saw someone saying Empathy works.

Moral System = Each Starsystem got a Moral ammount, and you can influence it with propaganda ships. Atm it seems to have no effect at all to make a propaganda spaceship. And no i didnt talked about the Psychich Techtree, atm i still belive it isnt working at all because i dont see any bonuses apply in Production.

MK1 Shields = Yeah you can also use disruptor and the other thing, they create some sort of visible barrier but with the actuall UI i dont see any strength or numbers at all. Except that all missiles passes through. So no idear at all, it had no effect as SOL in battle, and no Efect as Tarkan in battle. *shrugs*

Aux Fiss and Aux Fus = Available from beginn yes. But atm they increase only support need by 2 and crew need by 2. No Speed Increase, no more Power, nothing at all. A Older post say they was mentioned for extra Energyproduction, when a guy read out the config files from SotS 2. Fact atm: they have no use at all.

Hiver Gateships = I build up a Hive-Gate and check the number last round and the round after it is created. No change in the Points of your Gatepool. Only if you build a lvl 1 Gatestation, it will have a poisitiv effect on your gatepool points. And if you build a Station there after a gateship is placed, it will not consume the gateship and upgrade it for a station like the handbook say it, but thats a regulary bug , not a gamecontent list point. Feel free, try it yourself. I just tryed it 5 mins ago, just to check for sure i didnt had make a misstake 2 Hours ago in checking. But, still no gatepool points for deployed gateships. And the SotS2 manual cleary states they give you points. So it´s a manual error, or a game error. In both cases, and error, and not working as it was mean to be. And yes the Bug is also reportet since 2 or 3 weeks. :p

Btw. you know that WAD isnt a really...eh...nice term? If you didnt mean that, i hove no idear what you wanted to tell me.

Aux Fiss and Aux Fus = Available from beginn yes. But atm they increase only support need by 2 and crew need by 2. No Speed Increase, no more Power, nothing at all. A Older post say they was mentioned for extra Energyproduction, when a guy read out the config files from SotS 2. Fact atm: they have no use at all.

i've seen someone else seeing they're designed to provide power when the main power is not working. this would cause the same behavour as you're seeing.

also, i know they ARE available from the start. i remember reading they weren't supposed to be.

Hiver Gateships = I build up a Hive-Gate and check the number last round and the round after it is created. No change in the Points of your Gatepool. Only if you build a lvl 1 Gatestation, it will have a poisitiv effect on your gatepool points. And if you build a Station there after a gateship is placed, it will not consume the gateship and upgrade it for a station like the handbook say it, but thats a regulary bug , not a gamecontent list point. Feel free, try it yourself. I just tryed it 5 mins ago, just to check for sure i didnt had make a misstake 2 Hours ago in checking. But, still no gatepool points for deployed gateships. And the SotS2 manual cleary states they give you points. So it´s a manual error, or a game error. In both cases, and error, and not working as it was mean to be. And yes the Bug is also reportet since 2 or 3 weeks. :p

this is true.

read what i wrote. Gateships apparently ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ADD TO GATE CAPACITY. so building one should not affect your gate pool whatsoever. hence, WAD; which stands for "working as designed".

Well so why argue then about Auxiliry Fis/Fus. They simply not work. ^^ It would be mutch easyer if a Devoloper would say somethin to this.

And Second:

Just to make it sure, i talk about DEPLOYED Gateships. Read what i write. "I build up a Hive-Gate" "after a gateship is placed" "still no gatepool points for deployed gateships."

Manuel says they do, in SotS1 they did too. So if a dev dont come down and get a official statement about the Deployed Gateships or do a change in the manual, it cant be worked as designed, or they must change the manuel in that case because it would state a clearly wrong term. :p

Manueal SotS 2 1.1:

However, by setting up a teleport gate, Hivers can then move ships between systems with teleport gates in a single turn. Again, there are limitations – only so many ships can travel the network at once. The larger the network, the more ships that can be moved in a single turn, so it pays to set up gates, even at worlds you cannot colonize. This allows Hivers to distribute their ships throughout their empire, and in a single turn, they can jump to a planet under attack. It takes time to build such a network, but patience will be paid off.

And later:

Hiver Gate Stations are permanent and durable installations capable of not only maintaining a very large Gate, but also of serving as a base for Gate Technology Research. Because Gate Stations are extremely important to commerce, transport and defense of the Imperium, they also maintain a rudimentary defensive capability.

The Manueal make a clear difference between the standart hiver-gate, created by a gateship after it is deployed, and a Gate-Station with a "Very Large Gate". So dont look at me, in SotS 1 deployed Gates did also count into the Gatepool. I didnt saw anywhere a official anouncement that it isnt this way anymore.

Same, it would be easyer a Dev would make a official statement about the way it should be work... but hey, i just ask and open up a new topic :p

FOllowed a bit on your shield discussion. As for me, playing SOL Forces, i get a CTD when designing shield section and clicking "Shield MK1" in the tech options. Anyone succeded in assigning shield mk1 to shield section?

FOllowed a bit on your shield discussion. As for me, playing SOL Forces, i get a CTD when designing shield section and clicking "Shield MK1" in the tech options. Anyone succeded in assigning shield mk1 to shield section?

Playing Liir my shields were working as supposed (I tried normaln shields Mk. I - IV) - I can choose one in design screen, they show up in battle and even blocking damage. The were only few minor glithes: after reactivation shields were sometimes shifted a bit (center of shield was to the left of the center of the ship) and bullets (rockets etc.) where exploding a moment after they enter the shield (however they didn't deal any damage so It could be intended).

Other things needed

Some of the things needed that I did not sport here.

Zuul pathing, including enforcement of system path limits, missions to generate and replenish node lines...

Implementation, display and enforcement of system command limits

Please it is a key factor to keep the 1st post updated to the minute.
By judging what works and what doesn't, all players who are waiting for most bugs to be squashed before giving a try will go active again.

Please, really... it is extremely important to update the situation as soon and as often as possible.

Well so why argue then about Auxiliry Fis/Fus. They simply not work. ^^ It would be mutch easyer if a Devoloper would say somethin to this.

And Second:

Just to make it sure, i talk about DEPLOYED Gateships. Read what i write. "I build up a Hive-Gate" "after a gateship is placed" "still no gatepool points for deployed gateships."

Manuel says they do, in SotS1 they did too. So if a dev dont come down and get a official statement about the Deployed Gateships or do a change in the manual, it cant be worked as designed, or they must change the manuel in that case because it would state a clearly wrong term. :p

Manueal SotS 2 1.1:

However, by setting up a teleport gate, Hivers can then move ships between systems with teleport gates in a single turn. Again, there are limitations – only so many ships can travel the network at once. The larger the network, the more ships that can be moved in a single turn, so it pays to set up gates, even at worlds you cannot colonize. This allows Hivers to distribute their ships throughout their empire, and in a single turn, they can jump to a planet under attack. It takes time to build such a network, but patience will be paid off.

And later:

Hiver Gate Stations are permanent and durable installations capable of not only maintaining a very large Gate, but also of serving as a base for Gate Technology Research. Because Gate Stations are extremely important to commerce, transport and defense of the Imperium, they also maintain a rudimentary defensive capability.

The Manueal make a clear difference between the standart hiver-gate, created by a gateship after it is deployed, and a Gate-Station with a "Very Large Gate". So dont look at me, in SotS 1 deployed Gates did also count into the Gatepool. I didnt saw anywhere a official anouncement that it isnt this way anymore.

Same, it would be easyer a Dev would make a official statement about the way it should be work... but hey, i just ask and open up a new topic :p

I hate to say it but no where in the manual excerts you provided does it say deployed gate ships increase gate capacity. All it says is a larger network can handle more ships at once. In SOTS prime you could only build gates - hence they increased gate points, in SOTS ][ you build gate stations and amplifiers to increase gate points - gate ships do nothing other than acting as a terminal point.

Why? They have their own internal list which they maintain and manage. As consumers what good would it do us? Kerberos has said that when the game is done / finished / all clear / 1.0 achieved whatever you care to call it they will announce to the world that is is so. Till then... we wait, now some can wait and try what is available till that day happens or they can wait till it's finished and then play it at that time. The choice there is ours. Plus those of us who are waiting and helping have a good idea what's in and what's not and Kerberos has given us a general list of what's not done yet etc. Deal with it or just wait and come back later. It's that simple.

I would have easily paid 40 USD for another expansion to SOTS I. Anyone else?

Don't get me wrong. I have no issue with having invested in SOTS II. The only concern I have is that there is no insurance on that investment to cover any unforeseen loss. I mean, we can't exactly rely on Kerberos' word/announcements. It lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and I happen to be a consumer (or investor, depending on how you want to look at it).

Because an incomplete product was released. You asked, so please don't tell me to take it to the complaint thread.

They have their own internal list which they maintain and manage.

So keeping people in the loop would be a simple matter.

As consumers what good would it do us?

I'd be able to explore parts of the game that are working rather than wasting time.

Kerberos has said that when the game is done / finished / all clear / 1.0 achieved whatever you care to call it they will announce to the world that is is so.

I look forward to playing the game fully.

Till then... we wait, now some can wait and try what is available till that day happens or they can wait till it's finished and then play it at that time. The choice there is ours. Plus those of us who are waiting and helping have a good idea what's in and what's not and Kerberos has given us a general list of what's not done yet etc. Deal with it or just wait and come back later. It's that simple.

Is "Deal with it" an official company response?

I don't know why you're picking a fight with me but I do know you shouldn't be representing the company.

SFCShadow please dont try to hard.
There is a old poverb in my country:
"Zeal is worse than fascism".
Your overzealous make it worse. People try to share their knowledge to what work or not work in game to have at last some fun with it and you attack them with no reason whatever.
Even if you make them be silent this dont change that these things are broken.
So can you rather help than give them another reason to abandon this forum?

SFCShadow please dont try to hard.
There is a old poverb in my country:
"Zeal is worse than fascism".
Your overzealous make it worse. People try to share their knowledge to what work or not work in game to have at last some fun with it and you attack them with no reason whatever.
Even if you make them be silent this dont change that these things are broken.
So can you rather help than give them another reason to abandon this forum?

...no his responce was to a post asking for the devs to maintain this thread, he did not say not to maintain a user version, just that the devs shouldnt have to maintain this thread