• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would just love it if Kerberos published a weekly DEV diary so that we could participate in supporting (even just what the word means "support" = moral support) the improvements and fixing.
Knowing that this week issues a, b, c, d, were fixed and plans for next week were to fix issues e, f and g would just be grand. Many companies nowadays adopt this strategy. Heck Kerberos even has a FB page to spam the news and I say it's a good marketing tool to keep the community expectant, participating and optimistic. :)

Budget
Corruption- When corruption is present, I have to move the operations slider. I should be able to just increase security (the sub slider)
Invoices- Projected cost of invoices is not on the budget. It can be very hard to stay positive income given there is little feedback.

The Corruption thing is a little bit tricky, it also prevents you from running a society that only does research but dont create financial reserves, as example, corruption will increase dramaticly if you use all your empire money for research. Thats understandeble, because all your burocrates wont be happy if they got no money :p You can have run research up to 75% without increase into Operations/Security , if you run research higher, the corruption will explode and your saving falls.

I think thats a very good security valve to prevent ppl from the simple "I research only and dont care about my empire" thinking. But from the tests i did run, i dont see in what way corruption should be buggy atm...hmm.... well the menue show clearly your savings at the last part of the Overview. And did give valid numbers.... i rlly dont see where it should be half-functional or not work correctly like intended.

Forming a modified list, will start here and then finalize for adding to page 1.

Repeats may be here until finalization.

Industrial Technology:

Stealth Armor - Not available

Biotechnology:

Xombie Plague - Not available
Universal Antigen - Error in description
Plague - Not available
Retro-Plague - Not available
Biological Transfer
NanoVirus - Not available
Assimilation Plague - Not available
Beast Bomb - Not available

C3 Technology:

A.I. Fire Control
Node Tracking - Human
Node Tracking - Zuul

Warhead Technology:

Rapid Fire Missiles - Not available
Implosion Mines - Not available
Gravity Mines - Not available.
Anti-Matter Mines - Not available.
Leap Mines

Shield Technology:

Structural Fields - Not available.

Rider Technology:

Stealthed Structures

Energy Technology:

Internal Kinetic Dampers
Inertial Control
Wave Amplification - Not available
Quantum Capacitors
Reinforced Containment - No image
Armored Capacitors - No image

Engineering:

Deep Space Hangars - Not available
Deep Space Construction - Not available
Orbital Dry-docks

Ballistic Weapons:

Grapplers - Not available
Leech Rounds - Not available

Last edited:
I just got the mail Friday asking me to send my Steam details for a refund i thought i would wait till Monday and maybe just hope for the best. But this morning when i check this forum ... and Read that list ...!

I just dont know..that list is pretty much the whole dam game! .. i meen WTF where they thinking!

Hiver Gate Ship design not working (the designed ships won't deploy, only the original design). And I heard about the Gate Station also not working, but my Hiver experience is limited this time around.

Overall it is pretty depressing seeing this list...

If you drew a logic tree of someone playing the game. Sort of a graphical version of.
"First I'll secure my home planet"
"Set up research"
"Mine for Ore"
"Build some defense craft" ...

You would barely get a couple of steps down each branch of the tree before you fell over because of an item on this list

With a list as long as this,it's hard to say features are missing - in reality the entire concept of playing the game meanigfully is missing.

I reckon it'll be sorted to an acceptable standard by about 16th December (by which time I'll be chomping down on SWtOR - assuming that works.....)

Scritty

Based on current progress, it appears they are not capable of meeting their own self imposed deadlines in the "patching to completion" processs. Based on program status I would agree that the entire concept of being able to play a meanigful game of SOTS2 is missing. It seems unfair to call it a Beta build and appears to be in truth more of an Alpha due to lack of features. I would assume that they are aware of more content issues than we are, here in the discovery phase, and that one reason an official list isn't viable is because each patch that attempts to integrate a missing feature threatens to break existing code. One step forward, one step back. And amittedly, as the list stands, it looks bad.

This thread's best use ends up being for the players willing to stick with it right now. In that case, I would like to reccomend that someone with the time consider organizing this list on a page at the official SOTS2 wiki as its growing too long for a forum post to reman sensible or contain.

This thread can then be used for simple reporting.

Are we might run out of glue, perhaps therefore this thread is not sticky yet?!? ;)

Kerberos does not want such a list, which is pretty wrong in my opinion. I am unsure if Paradox agrees or not.

It's never been that simple. For instance pulsed phasers in SotS 1 were significantly lower damage than a regular phaser no matter which mount size you put them in. They did however have the fastest firing rate in the game, so despite low damage the DPS was pretty high.

Also worth noting that the advantage of the phaser wasn't the damage, it's that it gives you a beam weapon you can fit into a medium mount rather than needing a large mount. Also IIRC it should behave like a beam weapon too, so that damage profile is actually applied multiple times depending on how long the beam is in contact with the target. You'd need to actually use it in combat to check - should be able to tell by the armour degradation after a hit.

Also the faster beams had better change of hitting things, and for point defense weps, you need faster firing than the actual damage. However phaser was not pd wep but you get my meaning. Sometimes more damage is only thing you need for better outcome.

List updated:

-- Key:
  • No description of error - System is not reading technology correctly.
  • Not implemented - Technology not yet added to game.
  • Not accessible - Technology added to game, but selection method is not working or present.
  • Not available - Weapon added to game, but not available for use.
  • Error in description - Research tree description has errors or is unreadable.
  • No image - Research tree does not have a valid image.

--- Undetermined Issues ---
  • Zuul (AI section unavailable)
  • Zuul (3rd and 2nd tier riders unavailable)
  • Zuul (Dancer?)
  • Hivers (Defense Boats unavailable)
  • Tarka (Defense boats unavailable)
  • Liir-Zuul Alliance [Zuul-side] (AI section unavailable)
  • Mines (Not available save Fusion)

--- Technology Tree Issues ---

Shield Technology:
  • Shield Projectors
  • Cloaking
  • Improved Cloaking
  • Structural Fields - (Not available)
  • Shield Mk. I - (Not working as intended)
  • Shield Mk. II - (Not available)
  • Shield Mk. III - (Not available)
  • Shield Mk. IV - (Not available)
  • Meson Shields - (Not available)
  • Grav Shields - (Not available)
Torpedoes Technology:
  • Enveloping Anti-Matter Torpedo - (No image)
  • Enveloping Fusion Torpedo - (No image)
Warhead Technology:
  • MW Warheads - (Not deploying as intended)
  • Interceptors - (Not available)
  • Blast Beams - (Not implemented)
  • Blast Storm - (Not implemented)
  • Heavy Ship Missiles - (Not implemented)
  • Rapid Fire Missiles - (Not available)
  • Implosion Mines - (Not available)
  • Gravity Mines - (Not available)
  • Anti-Matter Mines - (Not available)
  • Leap Mines
Drive Technology:
  • Grav Cannon - (Morrigi) - [No description, not available]
  • Node Maw - (Zuul) - [No image, no description, not available]
  • Node Maw - (Human) - [No image, no description, not available]
  • Far Casting - (Hiver) - [Error in description]
  • Casting - (Hiver) - [Error in description]
  • Warp Pulse - (Tarka) - [Error in description, not available]
  • Curvature Compensator - Liir) - [Unintentionally available, not working as intended]
Ballistic Weapons:
  • Grav Pulsar - (No image, not available)
  • Tumbler - (No image, not available)
  • Siege Driver - (Not working as intended)
  • Emitter COL - (Not available)
  • Cry Baby COL - (Not available)
  • Cracker COL - (Not available)
  • Tar Pit COL - (Not available)
  • Absorber Harpoon - (Zuul) - [No image, not available]
  • Disrupter Whip - (Zuul) - [Error in description, not available]
  • Leech Rounds - (Not available)
  • Grapplers - (Not available)
C3 Technology:
  • A.I. Autonomy - (No image)
  • Deep Survey Sensors
  • Personality Engrams - (Not available)
  • Sensor Jammer
  • Scanning Satellites - (Not accessible)
  • Molecular Chaff - (Error in description)
  • Convoy Systems - (No image)
  • A.I. Fire Control - (Not available for all races)
  • Node Tracking: Human - (Not accessible)
  • Node Tracking: Zuul - (Not accessible)
Energy Technology:
  • Armored Capacitors - (No image)
  • Reinforced Containment (No image)
  • Quantum Capacitors
  • Internal Kinetic Dampers - (No image, not working as intended)
  • Reflex Furnaces
  • Inertial Control
  • Wave Amplification - (Spacing error in description, not available)
Energy Weapons:
  • Damper Beam - (No image, not available)
  • Pulsed Gravity Beam - (Not firing exactly as intended)
  • Meson Projector - (Not available)
  • Tempest Array - (No image, not implemented)
  • Heavy Tempest Array - (No image, not implemented)
  • Phaser - (Underpowered illogically)
  • Pulse Phaser - (Underpowered illogically)
  • Variable Laser - (Not implemented)
  • Variable Phaser - (Not implemented)
Engineering Technology:
  • Leviathan Construction - (Error in description)
  • Turret Installations - (Error in description)
  • Advanced Damage Control - (Error in description)
  • Modular Sensors - (No image, error in description)
  • Deep Space Construction - (Not accessible)
  • Enhanced Design
  • Virtual Engineering
  • Orbital Dry-docks
  • Monitor Construction - (Not accessible)
  • Deep Space Hangars - (Not available)
  • Torpedo Satellites - (Not accessible)
  • Rapid Prototyping
Industrial Technology:
  • Hardened Structures - (Available, not properly implemented)
  • Gravity Control
  • Advanced Nanites
  • Counter Nanites - (No image, error in description)
  • Quantum Disassociation
  • Adaptive Buttresses - (No image, no description)
  • Adamantine Alloys
  • Atmospheric Processors
  • Reflective Coating
  • Stealth Armor - (Not available)
  • Quark Resonators
  • Improved Reflective Coating
  • Polysilicate Alloy
  • Magno Ceramic Latices
  • Material Applications - (Not working as intended)
  • Pressure Polarization
  • Zero-G Deconstruction - (Recycling unavailable)
Political Science:
  • Protectorate - (No image)
  • Occupy - (No image, not accessible)
  • Annex - (No image, not accessible)
  • Eclipse - (No image, not accessible)
  • Trade Enclaves - (No image, error in description, not accessible)
  • Disinformation Nets - (No image)
  • Super Worlds - (Available, not properly implemented)
Psionics: - (Tree not working as intended)

XenoTechnology: - (Tree not implemented)

Bio Technology:
  • Anagathics
  • Elemental Nanites
  • Biosphere Preservation
  • Environmental Tailoring
  • Gravitational Adaptation
  • Terraforming Bacteria
  • Xombie Plague - (Not available)
  • Universal Antigen - (Error in description)
  • Plague - (Not available)
  • Retro-Pleague - (Not available)
  • Biological Transfer
  • NanoVirus - (Not available)
  • Assimilation Plague - (Not available)
  • Beast Bomb - (Not available)
Rider Technology:
  • EW-Drone - (Not available)
  • Combat Drones
  • Autonomous Drone
  • Advanced Drones
  • Stealthed Structures - (Not working as intended for all races)
  • Suicide Drones - (Not available)
  • Drone Satellites - (Not accessible)
  • Drainers - (Not available)

Well thats the problem, i am sure the list will be not 100% accurate, but the Dev´s dont wanna say whats all broken and whats not. Well in my opinion, it´s a bad move, but thats only my opinion, so we make our own. If Paradox dont want it, they can still close the Topic or delete it, for my part i think, people have a right to know whats not working at the moment, specially if it can lead to a crash or even worse. At this way, ppl can make themself a mostly clear and accurate picture of the situation of the content.

And if you see things that are NOT accurate, say it, write it here, i will update it then after a little check. Thats not a troll thread or a anti SotS2 thread, it´s a list about content that dont work. Not more, not less. If there are errors, say the errors. But dont say simple "It isnt accurate" with that statement nobody is helped.

And i took the Underpowerd Illogical phasers out. Thats not a issue, they work ingame, it´s a balance issue, if it´s even worth balancing them. So it is in and it works perfectly. Not just the damage that some people would imagine they should do. But they work 1A.

Last edited:
It is definitely a bug if they do the same damage as a lower powered light weapon, that would mean that damage calculations were not completed and that the tech was never fully finished, so yes that's a problem.

Technically not a but, more like an unfinished designprocess. Or faulty design to begin with. Similar to Missles having no effect on planets. To me that is clearly a case of unfinished work, the phasers in question are just a step further along, they have gotten values, but those values are as of yet unfinished.

IF they are unfinished, we just assume they are unfinished because we compare it with SotS1 but i think we cant hardly compare the weapons atm with SotS1, of course missile should have a effect on planets, but with the phasers... i dont wanna give ppl a wrong feeling in that cease, they work and make damage, maybe not what some people would excpect, but they work.