+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1073

Thread: A Descent into Madness: A Random EU 3 AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If you want Rob to be the victim this time round, give him Order as the companion.....
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Just FYI, Sheogorath is the Prince of Madness from The Elder Scrolls universe.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14.

The Q2 ACAs are calling!

Paradox Interactive: We put the story into history.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

A fantastic writing accomplishment. You kept it fun, interesting (despite the crappy circumstances you found yourself in) and made a great story. Thank you very much for this AAR. I had a lot of fun reading.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    It would be awesome if Rob sent to the reality would be made from parts the XIX century scientists knew about. You know, lots of cogs, being powered with coal, shooting contemporary artillery... Steampunk rules!

And if Daniel doesn't make a comeback, perhaps we could meet a Carlson, having the same ancestor as Daniel back in the 1398...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sometimes View Post
    Or just, you know, now and again a really boring character that has a local name that sound suspiciously similar to Daniel Carlson.
    The same ancestor angle is one I'm definitely going to explore. As far as Rob's appearance, he'll take on a human form.

Quote Originally Posted by no7892142 View Post
    Understandable.
    It's probably safe to assume that Daniel or one of his ancestors will have a small role somewhere don't the line, isn't it?

Anyway, great AAR, very enjoyable read, looking forward to the, well, sequel.
    Safe to assume indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    If you want Rob to be the victim this time round, give him Order as the companion.....
    I actually intend to switch off; I have a specific plan in mind that I'll share when I start the AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Just FYI, Sheogorath is the Prince of Madness from The Elder Scrolls universe.
    Ah ha. I've only ever played one Elder Scrolls (Morrowind) and that was a long time ago. Never finished it, but that was because I found Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. I hear good things about Skyrim -- maybe I'll pick it up at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    A fantastic writing accomplishment. You kept it fun, interesting (despite the crappy circumstances you found yourself in) and made a great story. Thank you very much for this AAR. I had a lot of fun reading.
    Thanks very much for the kind words!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice of you to mention me *sheds a tear*
    that said, a nice AAR! Full of insanity, and I see Chaos did get his own back in the end!
    Contrary to common beliefs, I'd rather have Chaos mucking about than Sheogorath. So, I assume we will have our three immortal friends return somewhere?
    (well, is chaos a friend?)

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

I think Chaos will find the Victorian Era much more difficult to win his bet in than in EU3. There weren't as many wars in this period and the fact that there was already a well entrenched world order with Britain an the other europeans firmly at the top. But he'll manage... he always does... Also when Rob inevitably destroys the world, jump. It might just save your life...
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Good game sir, good game.
    Official Vagabond Cheerleader &
    Coolest fajita this side of the Mississippi

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Imagining Rob in a universe where he can't annihilate everyone in sight because of infamy limits...

I am looking forward to the next AAR.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

The bet will have to change conditions though. After all, how are they gonna determine if Rob has gone insane...er?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    Nice of you to mention me *sheds a tear*
    that said, a nice AAR! Full of insanity, and I see Chaos did get his own back in the end!
    Contrary to common beliefs, I'd rather have Chaos mucking about than Sheogorath. So, I assume we will have our three immortal friends return somewhere?
    Yes; all three will return!

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    I think Chaos will find the Victorian Era much more difficult to win his bet in than in EU3. There weren't as many wars in this period and the fact that there was already a well entrenched world order with Britain an the other europeans firmly at the top. But he'll manage... he always does... Also when Rob inevitably destroys the world, jump. It might just save your life...
    I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by SiikFajitas View Post
    Good game sir, good game.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    Imagining Rob in a universe where he can't annihilate everyone in sight because of infamy limits...

I am looking forward to the next AAR.
    It should be a lot of fun!

The bet will have to change conditions though. After all, how are they gonna determine if Rob has gone insane...er?
    You have an excellent point; the conditions will be different, but much more scientific.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    I would have said fiend.

Epic conclusion BTW Avindian!
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (2), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 3 free advisor slots. Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Come think of it, the whole point of having Daniel as the host was that he had so little personality that he would have virtually no impact so that all chaos was certain to be... Chaos' doing. This new bet will be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal View Post
    Definitely Put the link for #2 here as well. I don't have Vicky II so I can't say any suggestions.
    This. Also, great AAR!
    Holy Roman Empire Squared (Completed AAR)
    Watch the Byzantine Holy Roman Pope restore the Roman Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    I would have said fiend.

Epic conclusion BTW Avindian!
    Good call Thanks for the kind words!

Come think of it, the whole point of having Daniel as the host was that he had so little personality that he would have virtually no impact so that all chaos was certain to be... Chaos' doing. This new bet will be completely different.
    You're exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksabre View Post
    This. Also, great AAR!
    Thanks!

It will be interesting to see the world thru rob's eyes. Lots of malicious thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal View Post
    It will be interesting to see the world thru rob's eyes. Lots of malicious thoughts!
    That is very true; Rob's a malicious guy (well, robot).

Hey Avindian, will you be keeping to the infamy limit in V2? If yes that could be a bet breaker for Chaos... He might just up and rebel against the Author...(i.e you)
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Hey Avindian, will you be keeping to the infamy limit in V2? If yes that could be a bet breaker for Chaos... He might just up and rebel against the Author...(i.e you)
    I'll be honest -- I haven't given house rules much thought yet. It's certainly possible that I'll have to ignore the infamy limit, but I'm not promising anything.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Europa Universalis IV

As a new guy on the forums, this is one of the first AARs I have read, along with a couple others and the required reading or Prawnstar's Iroquois WC. I am here to say, that this AAR was great, both in concept and execution. I greatly look forward to part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphractoi View Post
    As a new guy on the forums, this is one of the first AARs I have read, along with a couple others and the required reading or Prawnstar's Iroquois WC. I am here to say, that this AAR was great, both in concept and execution. I greatly look forward to part 2.
    Thanks very much and welcome to the forums! PrawnStar is a superb writer (he has a recent AAR as well) and that particular AAAR is one of his best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast