• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome AAR with everything needed to make it awesome. Also a nice Brazilian blob to finish it off with! :)

Great job and a nice looking map to end everything with.... :D

Definitely Put the link for #2 here as well. I don't have Vicky II so I can't say any suggestions.

Great AAR, brazil was a great ending

It's great to see that alcoholism, imperialism, and maniacal tendencies haven't changed Daniel in the end :) . Overall, it was a great game, with so much time and energy put into it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Thanks very much for your AAR! It kept me entertained for a while ;).

Also a question: Mr. Carlson reminds me of a character from a movie I saw once. So: Did you invent him or got inspired?

It's great to see that alcoholism, imperialism, and maniacal tendencies haven't changed Daniel in the end :) . Overall, it was a great game, with so much time and energy put into it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

You are not beseiging fortifications, you are besieging them :D.

well congratulations on completing another deep character driven AAR

Thanks very much!

Congratulations. It was lots of fun following this AAR!

And that is one broken world - If the bet had stayed with using the original conditions, Chaos surely would have won.

Oh, absolutely. That's one of the reasons I changed it; I don't like giving away the ending that early.

Awesome AAR with everything needed to make it awesome. Also a nice Brazilian blob to finish it off with! :)

Great job and a nice looking map to end everything with.... :D

Thanks! Living without the constant fear of pitchforks will be nice :)

Definitely Put the link for #2 here as well. I don't have Vicky II so I can't say any suggestions.

Great AAR, brazil was a great ending

I absolutely will; thanks for reminding me. I think Brazil turned out really well; it was more fun (and more challenging) than Liege would have been, I'm thinking.

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks very much for your AAR! It kept me entertained for a while ;).

Also a question: Mr. Carlson reminds me of a character from a movie I saw once. So: Did you invent him or got inspired?

He's mostly invented. A friend from college was named Daniel, and always introduced himself as such, instead of Dan, which is what we called him. He wasn't as picky about it as our Daniel is, but I'd never heard anybody else with that name introduce himself that way. Crazy stuff.

So no, any resemblance to a fictional character is purely unintentional. That doesn't mean my subconscious wasn't playing tricks on me -- it'll do that.

You are not beseiging fortifications, you are besieging them :D.

He's got you there, McQwerty! :D

Too bad nothing happened to Daniel to change his personality or anything. And he won't remember anything? That kind of makes me think he got just the shit abused out of him to gain nothing in return (except life)...

Perhaps the next protagonist could be more... you know, famous or something... or be less of a tight-ass like Daniel. lol

How about a Fanatical Nazi? Chaos would enjoy him...

Oh, I see.

Here is the actual movie, if you happened to be interested: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/

I remembered hearing the previews, but never saw it. It's on the Netflix queue now! :)

Too bad nothing happened to Daniel to change his personality or anything. And he won't remember anything? That kind of makes me think he got just the shit abused out of him to gain nothing in return (except life)...

Perhaps the next protagonist could be more... you know, famous or something... or be less of a tight-ass like Daniel. lol

Isn't that exactly like Chaos, though?

Make Sheogorath the next protagonist! It would be perfect!

Okay, great ending, looking foward to when the madness continues...hoping the protagonist will be even crazier :)

I think you'll like who I have planned.

Perhaps someone with... questionable... ethics.
Cthulhu?
Slenderman?!
The possibilities are endless!

How about a Fanatical Nazi? Chaos would enjoy him...

I still think Sheogorath + Chaos combo would be awesome.

I think CivandEUIII will agree with me ;)

I don't know who this Sheogorath is. I really, REALLY thought about including Cthulhu, but declined for two reasons: 1) Cthulhu has become a little too hipster for my tastes and 2) Cthulhu, as such, doesn't make many appearances in Lovecraft's fiction.

I'll help end the debate right now, though. Rob will be Chaos's vehicle in the sequel. Perhaps I was too subtle in the ending? ;)

Hehe! Rob! Awesome. I can't wait for the sequel in that case.

I can just see it- The immortal personification of entropy inside the head of a megalomaniac robot with the ability to blow all reality up! XD

I can just see it- The immortal personification of entropy inside the head of a megalomaniac robot with the ability to blow all reality up! XD

Yeah that can only be good for them(i.e. the people in that reality)... I must say I am a little disappointed with you, Avindian for not including Daniel in the next one. I figured he'd really enjoy the Vicky universe... I guess I'll have to sic Rob on you...

Exactly my thoughts!

Yeah that can only be good for them(i.e. the people in that reality)... I must say I am a little disappointed with you, Avindian for not including Daniel in the next one. I figured he'd really enjoy the Vicky universe... I guess I'll have to sic Rob on you...

Honestly? Daniel's run his course. It's really hard to write for a boring character without it getting, well, boring. That's why the updates, as they progressed, were less and less about Daniel and more and more about Chaos, Order, and Death.

It would be awesome if Rob sent to the reality would be made from parts the XIX century scientists knew about. You know, lots of cogs, being powered with coal, shooting contemporary artillery... Steampunk rules!

And if Daniel doesn't make a comeback, perhaps we could meet a Carlson, having the same ancestor as Daniel back in the 1398...

It would be awesome if Rob sent to the reality would be made from parts the XIX century scientists knew about. You know, lots of cogs, being powered with coal, shooting contemporary artillery... Steampunk rules!

And if Daniel doesn't make a comeback, perhaps we could meet a Carlson, having the same ancestor as Daniel back in the 1398...

Or just, you know, now and again a really boring character that has a local name that sound suspiciously similar to Daniel Carlson.

Honestly? Daniel's run his course. It's really hard to write for a boring character without it getting, well, boring. That's why the updates, as they progressed, were less and less about Daniel and more and more about Chaos, Order, and Death.
Understandable.
It's probably safe to assume that Daniel or one of his ancestors will have a small role somewhere don't the line, isn't it?

Anyway, great AAR, very enjoyable read, looking forward to the, well, sequel.