• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you want Rob to be the victim this time round, give him Order as the companion..... :)

A fantastic writing accomplishment. You kept it fun, interesting (despite the crappy circumstances you found yourself in) and made a great story. Thank you very much for this AAR. I had a lot of fun reading.

It would be awesome if Rob sent to the reality would be made from parts the XIX century scientists knew about. You know, lots of cogs, being powered with coal, shooting contemporary artillery... Steampunk rules!

And if Daniel doesn't make a comeback, perhaps we could meet a Carlson, having the same ancestor as Daniel back in the 1398...

Or just, you know, now and again a really boring character that has a local name that sound suspiciously similar to Daniel Carlson.

The same ancestor angle is one I'm definitely going to explore. As far as Rob's appearance, he'll take on a human form.

Understandable.
It's probably safe to assume that Daniel or one of his ancestors will have a small role somewhere don't the line, isn't it?

Anyway, great AAR, very enjoyable read, looking forward to the, well, sequel.

Safe to assume indeed. :)

If you want Rob to be the victim this time round, give him Order as the companion..... :)

I actually intend to switch off; I have a specific plan in mind that I'll share when I start the AAR.

Just FYI, Sheogorath is the Prince of Madness from The Elder Scrolls universe.

Ah ha. I've only ever played one Elder Scrolls (Morrowind) and that was a long time ago. Never finished it, but that was because I found Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. I hear good things about Skyrim -- maybe I'll pick it up at some point?

A fantastic writing accomplishment. You kept it fun, interesting (despite the crappy circumstances you found yourself in) and made a great story. Thank you very much for this AAR. I had a lot of fun reading.

Thanks very much for the kind words!

Nice of you to mention me *sheds a tear*
that said, a nice AAR! Full of insanity, and I see Chaos did get his own back in the end!
Contrary to common beliefs, I'd rather have Chaos mucking about than Sheogorath. So, I assume we will have our three immortal friends return somewhere?
(well, is chaos a friend?)

I think Chaos will find the Victorian Era much more difficult to win his bet in than in EU3. There weren't as many wars in this period and the fact that there was already a well entrenched world order with Britain an the other europeans firmly at the top. But he'll manage... he always does... Also when Rob inevitably destroys the world, jump. It might just save your life...

Imagining Rob in a universe where he can't annihilate everyone in sight because of infamy limits...

I am looking forward to the next AAR.

Nice of you to mention me *sheds a tear*
that said, a nice AAR! Full of insanity, and I see Chaos did get his own back in the end!
Contrary to common beliefs, I'd rather have Chaos mucking about than Sheogorath. So, I assume we will have our three immortal friends return somewhere?
(well, is chaos a friend?)

Yes; all three will return!

I think Chaos will find the Victorian Era much more difficult to win his bet in than in EU3. There weren't as many wars in this period and the fact that there was already a well entrenched world order with Britain an the other europeans firmly at the top. But he'll manage... he always does... Also when Rob inevitably destroys the world, jump. It might just save your life...

I think you're right.

Good game sir, good game.

Thank you!

Imagining Rob in a universe where he can't annihilate everyone in sight because of infamy limits...

I am looking forward to the next AAR.

It should be a lot of fun!

The bet will have to change conditions though. After all, how are they gonna determine if Rob has gone insane...er?

You have an excellent point; the conditions will be different, but much more scientific.

Come think of it, the whole point of having Daniel as the host was that he had so little personality that he would have virtually no impact so that all chaos was certain to be... Chaos' doing. This new bet will be completely different.

It will be interesting to see the world thru rob's eyes. Lots of malicious thoughts!

Hey Avindian, will you be keeping to the infamy limit in V2? If yes that could be a bet breaker for Chaos... He might just up and rebel against the Author...(i.e you:cool::blush::happy:)

Hey Avindian, will you be keeping to the infamy limit in V2? If yes that could be a bet breaker for Chaos... He might just up and rebel against the Author...(i.e you:cool::blush::happy:)

I'll be honest -- I haven't given house rules much thought yet. It's certainly possible that I'll have to ignore the infamy limit, but I'm not promising anything.

As a new guy on the forums, this is one of the first AARs I have read, along with a couple others and the required reading or Prawnstar's Iroquois WC. I am here to say, that this AAR was great, both in concept and execution. I greatly look forward to part 2.

As a new guy on the forums, this is one of the first AARs I have read, along with a couple others and the required reading or Prawnstar's Iroquois WC. I am here to say, that this AAR was great, both in concept and execution. I greatly look forward to part 2.

Thanks very much and welcome to the forums! PrawnStar is a superb writer (he has a recent AAR as well) and that particular AAAR is one of his best.