+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 ... LastLast

Thread: A Descent into Madness: A Random EU 3 AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would be voting for re-visits as well, for obvious reasons....
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Yeah, revisits would be cool.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Axelius View Post
    I think re-visits could work, not with only 10 or 20 years inbetween, but otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    I would prefer a new country each time, I'd include Cultural Unions as new countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    I think that re visiting countries could be quite funny. Maybe some old people could remember your past exploits, not knowing that it was actually you Or in case of the countries Daniel was a Daniella, he could even meet his kids (or grandkids)

A compromise would be to leave these cases to be decided by Order or another personification (who would say yes if you find room for puns or plot twists)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    I would be voting for re-visits as well, for obvious reasons....
    Quote Originally Posted by LAAT501legion View Post
    Yeah, revisits would be cool.
    Looks like everybody is in some sort of agreement; I'll do revisits if they seem like they'll be interesting. I will stick to the RNG as close as possible (unless Daniel wins the bet, naturally).
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Bourbonnais: The last straw for Daniel's sanity?

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!

Daniel grunted, but finally came to. "Is it time already?"

Sure is, sleepy head. I hope you haven't forgotten our... heh heh... wager.

"I have never once gone back on my word, Chaos, and I do not intend to start now."

Chaos rubbed his hands together. Excellent! To give you a sporting chance, I've made you the Duke of Bourbonnais. I forget your name, but to be honest, it probably won't matter. Still, you'll have a chance to run things rather than simply spend the first year just trying to get power.

"Uh, thanks. What's the map and the mission?"

Coming right up, boss!

"That's not too bad. Hey, we're allied to Burgundy! That's good, right?"

Sure it is, if that's what you'd like to think.

Daniel frowned. "You aren't going to be any help at all, are you?"

Well, normally I don't do this, but I'm going to throw you one more bone.

"Great."

No calamity this time; you get Bourbonnais in all of its natural power and glory. No hitches. When you fail, it will be on your own merit. Well, to be more precise, the complete lack of merit.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel was sweating bullets, and it was already 1462. He'd made one very savvy move -- a move towards quality, which got him a pretty awesome 6 star Commandant.

That, of course, was the last good thing that would happen to Daniel in Bourbonnais.

You'll need to make a move, loser. The clock's a-tickin'.

"Hey, the idea of inheriting France was pretty slick, you have to admit."

You have -31 prestige! Oh, and since Bohemia already claimed the throne, claiming it yourself would have had exactly one effect: a succession war with Bohemia. I do not think you could win that war.

"At least I ditched Burgundy!"

Yes, but even a TPM is three times better than an OPM. And now you have no friends.

"I have one last plan. It's my only hope to get out of this alive. Possibly literally."

I'm all ears! Of course, properly speaking I don't have ears, since I'm non-corporeal at this point. However, I think the metaphor still works, if you but give it a chance.

"I'm going to buy off Provence, make them my ally, and then crush another OPM!"

An intriguing plan. I can't wait to see how that goes.

A few minutes later...

"Impossible?! Why?"

They're already allied with Bohemia and three OPMs; why would they ally with you?

Daniel sighed. "Of course, I've already committed to the war."

Oh, and one more thing... Bohemia is the senior partner in a PU with France. Have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As Daniel wept, Chaos rejoiced. He'd won the bet! Not only did Provence honor their commitment to Berry, but they called in Bohemia, who called in France. Thus, we see this balance sheet:

The outcome was assured before the first shot was fired.

As Chaos made preparations for the next country, he took a moment to scan Daniel's mind. He grinned. He was beginning to crack under the strain. Best of all, Daniel was forced to watch as Chaos gleefully possessed him, body and soul, for the next ten years.

And he'd do so in... Würtemburg!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I feel kind of guilty that this update was so short, but to be honest, only through sheer dumb luck would I have gained a single province. I was pretty much doomed the moment Bohemia PUed France. We'll see how Chaos does in the driver's seat on the next installment!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

First Lieutenant VagabondvonLMG's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I need to stop reading this AAR, because every time I compare it to mine, I weep.

Really good writing and self-inflicted failure!
    Last edited by VagabondvonLMG; 15-12-2011 at 08:31.
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

This Time, It's For Real! - Finished

Not dead

Quote Originally Posted by VagabondvonLMG View Post
    I need to sto reading this AAR, because every time I compare it to mine, I weep.

Really good writing and self-inflicted failure!
    Thanks for the kind words, as always! I still quite enjoy yours; it's a different kind of humor, and it's honestly given me a bit of inspiration from time to time.

First Lieutenant VagabondvonLMG's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, as always! I still quite enjoy yours; it's a different kind of humor, and it's honestly given me a bit of inspiration from time to time.
    Hmmm....then I shall now view your AAR and compare it to mine and weep a little less
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

This Time, It's For Real! - Finished

Not dead

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Why did the random country generator fall in love with the XPM'S of this area?

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ouch...
    that had to hurt. A Bohemian-French PU, ugh.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Quote Originally Posted by VagabondvonLMG View Post
    Hmmm....then I shall now view your AAR and compare it to mine and weep a little less
    That's the spirit!

Why did the random country generator fall in love with the XPM'S of this area?
    It was bound to happen, unfortunately, since the vast majority of countries in the game are XPMs. I anticipate that will happen less and less as the game progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Ouch...
    that had to hurt. A Bohemian-French PU, ugh.
    It most certainly was not a pleasant surprise

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

It most certainly was not a pleasant surprise
    ... unless you get to play as Bohemia after Wurtenburg

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Yeah, I felt it could have been a little longer too...
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Ouch...

Daniel the Rock of Wurttemburg? :P
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

... unless you get to play as Bohemia after Wurtenburg
    That would be pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Yeah, I felt it could have been a little longer too...
    I really need to get used to how aggressive the AI is in DW, particularly as a small country. The AI never used to actually pay attention to its SOI before. Lesson learned? Let's hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    Ouch...

Daniel the Rock of Wurttemburg? :P
    Hmmm.... I like the sound of that!

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hmm... Bohemia as senior partner to France...

I love your fail, but this is not the worst I've seen.

In one of my recent games I had Le Big Bleu Blob as senior partner to Spain and Scandinavia...... Was not a particular fun experience to be on the receiving end of that as Naples uniting Italy...
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Blue Blob and Bohemia Blob in a union? Is it a match made in the heavens?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Hmmm.... I like the sound of that!
    Yes, would he be a pro wrestler? :P
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

The game just won't give you a break. The AI is conspiring against you. I'm still waiting for the eventual success story.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh my, that was just so horribly funny. Hey, what's odds of 25 to 1 anyway?
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Hmm... Bohemia as senior partner to France...

I love your fail, but this is not the worst I've seen.

In one of my recent games I had Le Big Bleu Blob as senior partner to Spain and Scandinavia...... Was not a particular fun experience to be on the receiving end of that as Naples uniting Italy...
    Ouch! That does make me feel a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelius View Post
    Blue Blob and Bohemia Blob in a union? Is it a match made in the heavens?
    As long as Austria stays out...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Savoy View Post
    Yes, would he be a pro wrestler? :P
    I don't see how he could not be!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    The game just won't give you a break. The AI is conspiring against you. I'm still waiting for the eventual success story.
    Your faith is inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Oh my, that was just so horribly funny. Hey, what's odds of 25 to 1 anyway?
    If only Chaos had brought along some machine guns, then the tables would have turned!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 ... LastLast