Update 2 Available

Update 2 (Version 7.2.1) is Available.

Highlights:

- New Scenario : Shadow of the Bear
    - More than 80 new Cold War events
    - 65 actual leader pictures
    - Many new units, unit meshes, technology updates
    - Significant game speed and AI improvements
    - New game features, interface improvements, and general fixes.

Scenario Description: Shadow of the Bear
    As the Cold War heated up in the late 1950's, what would have been the fallout if a nuclear exchange had occurred between the United States and the USSR? Perhaps it would have given China a chance to emerge from the Shadow of the Bear. Start the game as China just before a nuclear exchange between the US and USSR. Use the opportunity of the Super Powers weakening each other to move against one of them and claim China’s place as a new Supreme Ruler.

Detailed Change Log:

- Links to helpful resources added to main menu
    - Audio cue added for completion of research
    - Map updated (Goa, Palestine, Guam, etc.)
    - More than 60 new "leader" images added.
    - More than 80 new events and many events updated.
    - More than 30 new units added
    - Region Capture now offers Colonize/Annex/Liberate
    - Script for "Change Region Flag" event implemented
    - Rule of Engagement system added, similar to SR2020
    - Ability to set messages to receive based on priority level added.
    - Colonies will support Parent regions in localized conflicts
    - Parent regions will attack in defense of their colonies
    - Proxy Wars Improved
    - Overall Game Speed improvements
    - Pathing and Destack code improved
    - AI regions will pick sides when allies go to war. No penalties for break.
    - Aircraft inherit proxy from their last airbase
    - Artillery will fire into proxy territory in most cases
    - Fixed proxy bug affecting Mutual Defense without Alliance
    - Multiplayer Sync improved
    - Sync errors on building facilities fixed
    - On Map Notices code now more robust
    - Graphic effect added to newly arrived On Map Notices
    - Notices in wrong categories fixed
    - 3D models for cities optimized for "top down" view
    - Tech Tree fixes and GUI cleaned up.
    - Space Race progression fixed
    - Numerous Map fixes
    - Colonies clear treaties at independence
    - Spotting type fixes
    - Breaking treaties function fixed
    - Sphere related values capped to not go out of range
    - Various fixes on translated files
    - Building button from hex inspection fixed
    - Better GUI feedback for regions with no spies
    - Unit Upgrade chain fixed
    - Fixes related to building military facilities in a colony
    - Corrections made to expense report data and total value formula
    - Taxation and Social Spending interfaced minor clean up
    - Region Orbats updated
    - Various equipment data fixes
    - Various relationship adjustments
    - Unit Design trade rules fixed
    - Research completion fixes
    - Message functions to "no longer receive" and "pause on event" fixed
    - Missing Composite Ore GUI pic fixed
    - "No Units" option issues corrected
    - Colonies can no longer win unification votes
    - Air incursion effects rebalanced
    - Changed Surrender factors, especially after government change
    - Units without sufficient missile capacity will no longer go into strategic pool
    - Fewer responses by allies to support wars in colonies
    - Support for Military Buildup event
    - Election dates reset when governments change to democracy
    - AI will scrap and replace units when appropriate; Minister priorities (arms race/dec) also
    - Unused units now more likely to go to reserve after inactivity
    - Subs more likely to patrol
    - Funding insurgency high fixed, values reported according to daily/annually setting
    - Domestic Markup cap fixed
    - Command units only spawned to units 'inscenario' when 'limit in scenario' set
    - Human minister will now always reciprocate an AI region alliance break
    - Fixed rubber-band select issue with On-Map-Notice hexes

Approximate Download Size 92 MB

Direct Download Location: http://www.battlegoat.com/downloads/...date-7-2-1.exe

Update 1 is available here
    Last edited by RedRalphWiggum; 04-11-2011 at 11:53.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020

Blog Entries
    Is a detailed list of which units were added available?
    Witty sig here.
    Proud Member of the NNS (Naval Nutjob Soceity)
    "I agree." - CulturalCarnage

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I see it was worth the wait.

- More than 80 new Cold War events
    Still need work on the techs and unit designs.
    Last edited by Samilou; 03-11-2011 at 17:57.
    I think more people who interact with me should know about the neuropsychological disorder, Asperger's Syndrome; that I am diagnosed with, in order to at least to some degree understand the background to my by some people perceived as strange personality.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020

Blog Entries
    Has the AI learned how to use leg infantry in offensives when mobile infantry is not available?
    Witty sig here.
    Proud Member of the NNS (Naval Nutjob Soceity)
    "I agree." - CulturalCarnage

Will/does the UN have a function? If you click negotiate with UN once they want to give you subsidy, you can click STATE and you will see a box there filled with different things, also the security council members of UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhauer View Post
    Is a detailed list of which units were added available?
    no, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Samilou View Post
    ...Still need work on the techs and unit designs.
    What are you talking about? What work?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhauer View Post
    Has the AI learned how to use leg infantry in offensives when mobile infantry is not available?
    Somewhat, but it still tries to avoid them, they're just not overly useful with such a slow travel rate

Quote Originally Posted by Sarejina View Post
    Will/does the UN have a function?...
    The changelog doesn't mention change to the UN system therefore it has not changed.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Hi I purchased the game via Steam but today i cant log in i dont know whay it doesnt log in to game and when i click again it says game is busy now. Is it related with this new update?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    500k club

sweet, been waiting for this.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Burak82 View Post
    Hi I purchased the game via Steam but today i cant log in i dont know whay it doesnt log in to game and when i click again it says game is busy now. Is it related with this new update?
    You can't log in to Steam or the game won't start? I have it on there, just checked and it works fine.

Might try restarting Steam. If that doesn't work go to your Steam folder and delete ClientRegistry.blob, this will basically reset Steam and it's a cure all usually.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Balthagor View Post
    no, sorry.

What are you talking about? What work?
    There is still a lack of pre-requisites for later unit designs. This means it is still far too easy to obtain newer unit designs and just skip past the older designs. The AI also obviously has no clue of what it should build, or what or when to scrap. I would also say that the research system of SR:CW should have been replaced alltogether with a new, easier to design system from the very start of the game's development, but I won't ask that from you by now. The current research system simply is not practical for a long-spanning and historical game, something "more controlled" is needed. Or just a few hundred new, well-placed techs and some efforts to make excessive research more difficult or phobitively expensive and time-consuming, as it should be.
    I think more people who interact with me should know about the neuropsychological disorder, Asperger's Syndrome; that I am diagnosed with, in order to at least to some degree understand the background to my by some people perceived as strange personality.

We are continuing to review that, of course. It would be helpful if you could point to examples of units that you judge are accessible too early.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Does the AI also make use of the new liberate/colonize surrender options? If so, what determines its choice?

Already being discussed on the Dev forums.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

We are continuing to review that, of course. It would be helpful if you could point to examples of units that you judge are accessible too early.
    One can always use the tech level for each unit design as general guidance for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samilou View Post
    One can always use the tech level for each unit design as general guidance for this.
    How do you think the current prereqs where assigned? There are over 5000 units and no quick way to cross reference unit IDs vs. Tech IDs Re: tech levels an possible alternate prereqs.

You still haven't provided even one example.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

since 7.2.1 patch i noticed that two scenarios are a little mess...in the hold pusan scenario game loads Argentina not USA and in the opposite one it loads THAILAND instead of NORTH KOREA....is something wrong with the patch?
    " ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND GET THEM King Leonidas , Thermopylae , 480 BC "

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

Already reported, thanks, we already working on a small "incremental update" to fix this and a few proxy/conquest issues.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

Already reported, thanks, we already working on a small "incremental update" to fix this and a few proxy/conquest issues.
    thanks man...keep up the very good work...
    " ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND GET THEM King Leonidas , Thermopylae , 480 BC "

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

Recruit
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonSupreme Ruler: Cold War

i just got the game today on steam does the update come with it because i treid to update and it said there was nothing to update

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast