+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stations

They said it was fixed in the chagelog, but all you have to do is look at the number of us reporting that the patch suddenly broke stations for us to see that it didn't actually work for everyone.

Stations were actually working fine for me before the patch (I never play humans or allow them in my games), but all of a sudden, bam, completely broken 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
    Wed was a bandaid preventing station related crashes. It is not a fix
    I don't think so. I think it was a failed fix. If it was a deliberate bandaid disabling upgrades, everyone would be failing to upgrade, but not everyone is.

the reason i was asking was exactly that; someone should bug report it because it's new, not the same problem.
    i've always found it odd that most people start to flout Grice's maxims as soon as they get onto online forums.

Preventing Crash is not the same as making something work. It is like I prevented my ship from sinking... that is a far cry from "My ship is fully functional now."

Quote Originally Posted by anaris View Post
    the reason i was asking was exactly that; someone should bug report it because it's new, not the same problem.
    It's been reported. It took about 5 minutes after the wednesday patch before there were posts on this forum's bug report subforum and the tech issues forum on kerberos' site.

Preventing Crash is not the same as making something work. It is like I prevented my ship from sinking... that is a far cry from "My ship is fully functional now."
    Again, if they deliberately disabled the feature then it shouldn't be working for anyone, but lots of people are posting saying "What are you guys talking about, my Liir science stations upgrade fine". So obviously they messed something up. Either they failed to properly disable it or failed to fix it.

well, it was an easy mistake to make, 'cause MY ship is fully functional, so I assumed other people's were as well.
    i've always found it odd that most people start to flout Grice's maxims as soon as they get onto online forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gammapaladin View Post
    Again, if they deliberately disabled the feature then it shouldn't be working for anyone, but lots of people are posting saying "What are you guys talking about, my Liir science stations upgrade fine". So obviously they messed something up. Either they failed to properly disable it or failed to fix it.
    The original crash error is only Human and Liir Space Stations. It wasn't every race either. The game no longer cashes because of Civilian stations when you play Liir or have Humans/Liir as opponents. So the bandaid worked - it stopped crashing. The patch was never addressed about the station's upgradability.

The new error that poped up is the racial habitats are missing. It probably is not even related to the Crashing fix, it is more related to the fix that hides modules for race you have not meet yet. My point is that Stations are not function and no one have made claim that they are functional. The patch on Wed as far as Stations fixes are concenerned are only with Crashing issues. There was NO fix on Stationas beyond that.

Stations were perfectly functional for me before the wednesday patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2