• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trusting that Paradox will keep its word in regards to refunds "early" next week. Now if they fail I will be here like many others to er... note a thing or three (yeah! good words there man) on the forums. lol. But I don't want to tank their efforts in doing something good for the players that are willing to suffer through the mess inflicted on them. So good on Paradox for thinking of their customers and fans.

Our Steam accounts will have the DLCs automatically. We won't have to do anything as is stated in the OP.

thank you ;) But .. ehm, I never heard of steam adding *new* DLC to a game without the account owner having to do something (And I've been on steam for a long.. long time), hence my asking. Is this gonna be listed under the Steam SOTS2 DLC tab then? And what will it say as acquisition method? ;p

I was going to buy the other DLC once the game was nicely patched up, but, I'm getting them for free now.

Guesss I'll just hold on to that $4 to buy the human immersion pack when I can find it.

whats the policy on people who have already purchased Hiver / Tarkas / Liir / Morrigi DLC?

Refund?

SolForce DLC?

seems a bit shady that many people will "compensated" with something they already paid for.

Would probably have been smarter to just offer free Zuul / SolForce DLC and sidestep this issue altogether

Last edited:
whats the policy on people who have already purchased Hiver / Tarkas / Liir / Morrigi DLC?

Refund?

SolForce DLC?

seems a bit shady that many people will "compensated" with something they already paid for.

OUCH! Trying to give you an item free that you already bought. Heck giving it free now to everyone. I guess you should ask for a refund on those packs... I didn't know they were even for sale yet.

Nice gesture!

Re the Sol-Force DLC: Isn't that one already included in the not yet released Retail Boxed Edition? Depending on contracts signed, they could be barred from releasing that DLC prior to a given date in any fashion but the box.

thank you ;) But .. ehm, I never heard of steam adding *new* DLC to a game without the account owner having to do something (And I've been on steam for a long.. long time), hence my asking. Is this gonna be listed under the Steam SOTS2 DLC tab then? And what will it say as acquisition method? ;p

Dawn of war 2's last stand mode was added automaticly to anyone that have Dawn of war 2 (And yes, The last stand is considered a free DLC as well as a stand alone game). It shows up in the DLC list too.

If actions speak louder than words, this simply screams.

First post on this forum I think...I've been a SOTS fan for a long time, and while the bugs were visible, they didn't bother me all that much (granted, I didn't get much play time my first go) and Paradox and Keberos has given phenomenal support to their products (EU3, a very fine game with excellent support and SOTS...enough said). I had faith before, that faith is magnified a hundredfold.

Good show Paradox!

Me thinks when I have a free moment (not much of those these days) I will peruse your catalog for another purchase or two.

@Alcius: I am sure you'll find that just because something is said by someone, it isn't being said by everyone or necessarily by the same people who said another thing.

Naturaly, nor did i imply that it was being said by everyone nor by any perticular person, hence the pointing out of this thread in general.

To be fair I'm in same boat, but a free gift to others does not entitle you to a refund for purchasing it previously. What should happen is that from this announcement the sale of DLC's is removed.

It's like going into a restaurant and buying dinner, if at the end of the day they feed the remaining food to the homeless you don't get to ask for your money back (not equating Homeless with those who haven't purchased DLC - merely used for example with no connotations intended) because someone else later got it for free.

Now this is interesting, however, I have got one with pre order, and bought the other one myself. I Did not even ask for Sots prime. So i guess, for me its nothing :-(

Would really appreciate Human DLC as an extra, because that one was not avaible for purchuase yet.

Last edited:
To be fair I'm in same boat, but a free gift to others does not entitle you to a refund for purchasing it previously. What should happen is that from this announcement the sale of DLC's is removed.

It's like going into a restaurant and buying dinner, if at the end of the day they feed the remaining food to the homeless you don't get to ask for your money back (not equating Homeless with those who haven't purchased DLC - merely used for example with no connotations intended) because someone else later got it for free.

I have also purchased all available DLC through GamersGate. However im happy with letting Kerberos keep it. Without income they wont be able to expand the game later.

in a strict legal sense perhaps. on the other hand, the point of this is make people feel better about the current debacle so it hardly makes sense for your grand gesture to be something that specifically shortchanges your most dedicated customers. This a PR move, and a good one, but not doing something about those who already paid will badly the benefits for Kerberos and Paradox.

Much appriciated. I would have expected a few additional freebes like badges, avatars or coloring. So this is a very pleseant surprise. Thank you very much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.