• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main posted now features the line "Last edited by dannie; 24-11-2011 at 05:03. "

...now what changed...oh the date of giving it out is now Dec 2nd instead of Nov 30th. Thanks for sneaking that in there without formally explaining why Dannie. That's really nice of you Dannie. Actions like that are what got Kerberos and Paradox into this mess in the first place, Dannie.

just wanted to say.. but dec 2 is not nov 30.... so is this now gonna be pushed back without notice for eternity? Or are we actually gonna get our promised free dlc at some point? ;P

Main posted now features the line "Last edited by dannie; 24-11-2011 at 05:03. "

...now what changed...oh the date of giving it out is now Dec 2nd instead of Nov 30th. Thanks for sneaking that in there without formally explaining why Dannie. That's really nice of you Dannie. Actions like that are what got Kerberos and Paradox into this mess in the first place, Dannie.

Ground breaking....

Also sorry but I just read the first post and replied to the topic after wondering why it suddenly reads dec 2.. i now see its not new news ;P So yeah...

Why is it now dec 2 though? And by the way, changing the wording of a post that got 15 pages of replies without explanation is pretty ... courageous ;)

Also sorry but I just read the first post and replied to the topic after wondering why it suddenly reads dec 2.. i now see its not new news ;P So yeah...

Why is it now dec 2 though? And by the way, changing the wording of a post that got 15 pages of replies without explanation is pretty ... courageous ;)

It is probably a buffer time to give themselves (ahead of the 30th deadline) incase there are problems

I have nothing to say about people being upset for the TWO DAY delay. However, DONT BE!!!! The game isnt fully playable yet, Even when we get the immersion packs, we still have to wait till at least the end of December to start fully enjoying the game....

Hola, en teoria, antes del 30 de noviembre debo recibir mi copia descargable por steam, pero estamos a punto de acabar y aun no he recibido nada.

Only English laguage posts are allowed in this thread.

lots of cynicism in here. First Paradox and Kerberos are dispicable pepole for not offering the DLC for free as a recompense for the launch debacle. But now when they actualy DO give all DLCs except the Human one for free, there must be some terrible conspiracy behind it to squeeze yet more money out of us?

Are you just posting on these forums for the sake of hating and spinning hate?

I couldn't have put it better myself. I fell in LOVE with the first one... then as you said the debacle... ya.. a lot of my faith was rocked. Their only saving grace in my book was the fact that they are still actively working on the problem... so... ok thats enough to make me not actively seek out a refund... and the fact that they are giving some free DLC for this inconvenience? Yeah... I have nothing to further demonize this company for. I still expect them to do right by the customer and actually make this game functional... at current I can't take a turn without a 2-4 minute pause between me hitting the "End" button... but this small token gesture ... it was enough to smooth over some of the rough patches I have with them. I look forward to seeing this game at full functionality, and thank you for the DLC. As for the trolls here... Yes I see your frustration but at the same time, they didn't have to give you jack aside from a sorry and we are addressing the issue. They decided to give away a HUGE profit for EACH one of these DLC they are giving away... So at the least leave the subject alone and be thankful they are at least willing to thank you... regardless of how much a temper tantrum you are throwing... for being a customer of theirs.

Agreed. I fell in love with SOTS I and all of its expansion packs, which is why I bought this game the day it was released. Yes, the fact that the release day version was somewhat reminiscent of a college sophomore's programming project was very frustrating, but I was willing to wait a bit. When the wait was turning into being measured in weeks instead of days, I think Paradox and Kerebros did the smart thing by promising us free DLC, in that they lost potential revenue, but kept the collected revenue (part of which is likely long spent) AND took an important step in retaining their existing customer base, the ones who will plunk down $20-$30 for a future expansion pack and another $50 or so for SOTS3. So, while I'm disappointed in the situation, I think that Paradox/Kerebros have taken the requisite steps to, as best possible, mitigate the issue, once the program was released in the form it was. From a marketing perspective, I think delayed release dates (ala Ubisoft and AC:2) are less painful than premature product releases, but that's a different issue.

Thanks P/K for doing what you can with the product, doing as best you can by us gamers, and getting the product out as soon as you can.

I just have the one showing from my pre order on steam. *shrugs* DLC doesn't bug me that much, its just extra stuff that makes the ships and such look cool. Id rather see more patches so we can get a 100% working sim. Still though, the publisher shouldn't make promises it cant keep. Ah well, we will see on the 2nd ..wont we? ;)

I already wrote Paradox an E-Mail at November 24th. I asked how I can get the DLCs with my Pre-Order if the Release will be Moved all the time. There wasn't a reaction on my Mail. Ô_ô

So I'll see when I finally get my SoTS2... maybe in 4 Weeks XD

Status
Not open for further replies.