• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi all,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sticking with us so far. Many of you have been in touch with us over this past week with praise and rage and we're doing our best to follow up with you all individually via our support. We are also reading what you are posting here and passing on information to the developers. While Kerberos are hard at work on the game, we've looked into what we can do in the meantime for everyone as a "thank you for your support".

All gamers who have bought or will buy Sots II up until November 30th will receive the following DLCs/Immersion packs: Liir & Morrigi + Hiver & Tarka + Suul'ka.

The DLCs will show up on your account sometime between now and December 2th (please note - you do not need to take any type of action to receive them, you will see on your account when they have arrived). It will not matter where you have purchased your copy of Sword of the Stars II, it will be the same for all.

More info about the Suul'ka pack http://www.swordofthestars.com/node/278/
More info about the Hiver-Tarka pack http://www.swordofthestars.com/HiverTarka
More info about the Liir-Morrigi pack http://www.swordofthestars.com/LiirMorrigi

Thank you and we'll continue to see you here on the boards.

Paradox & Kerberos

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, we would like to thank you for sticking with us so far.

No offense (and this isnt a troll; itd be pretty stupid to troll a high priestess) but we havent had much of a choice due to the lack of refunds

Yay! Now that's what I call "good support"! Now we only need to wait a month or sth to play game when it's fixed :)

due to the lack of refunds
Why would anyone want a refund now? Free SOTS1 ( I guess everyone already had that, but still) and DLCs...

The cynic in me has to ask, what is so special about Nov 30th?

Is this just an attempt to further fund development on an alpha/beta product? Is Paradox going to reevaluate its support of the game come Nov 30th? Does Paradox believe the game will be "fixed" come Nov 30th?

If I receive the DLCs and then get a refund on the game, what happens if I were to purchase the game later after it's finished?

Free stuff from a developer? Le Gasp.

I know Kerberos and Paradox have been getting a lot of flak over the release, many of it justifiable, but the fact that I think you lot remain the only company of note which still seems to care about long-term customer satisfaction says a lot.

When so many AAA, extremely hyped games turn out to bug-sodden messes, patched twice and then abandoned, I have to give credit where credit's due, and I thuroughly look forwards to shinier spaceships and what SOTS II eventually ends up being.

Free stuff from a developer? Le Gasp.

Other way around. They're trying to increase sales by offering "free" DLCs through Nov 30th. It's essentially a thinly disguised pre-order bonus in order to lure in new customers. Or it's a bribe to get people to stop asking for refunds.

It just sets off a lot of alarm bells for some reason.

First you offer the original for free for those who request it, now you're giving away the Day 1 DLC too? (I absolutely HATE the concept of Day 1 DLC) And knowing the state the game WILL be in, in the future...
I should revist that poll thread about your views on Kerberos and Paradox, and change my vote from No Change to Changed for the Better

Maybe sots2 will be fixed by Nov 30th, and they won't need to give away stuff...

Now I remember. They're trying to target the Thanksgiving sales season. Hate to be a pessimist, but it's less of a thank-you-for-enduring and more of a how can we get more $$ out of a broken title.

Also, it's going to be months before the game is finished, IMO. There's just too much content missing, never mind the bugs.

Really appreciate the free offers. But now I have to complain because I had intended to purchase every DLC for SOTS II. :) I am now being denied that right. :( Life is not fair, it seems. :laugh:

Thanks a lot Paradox & Kerberos!!!

P.S. I LOVE the Suul'ka Horde!

Why would anyone want a refund now? Free SOTS1 ( I guess everyone already had that, but still) and DLCs...

A great many number of reasons. The first of which, in my mind, is I can just get the game and DLC on sale for cheaper, once the game is actually playable, and spend my $40 on something playable now.

But there are plenty of other reasons. Maybe we don't want to support paradox taking advantadge of fan's trust anymore, maybe we wanted a game now and not in a few months, maybe because we feel that SOTS2 isn't as good as the first even beyond its unfinished state (We don't like mission system, invoice system etc...)

I think I won't be chasing a refund but I just want to give some perspective.

edit: And damn, the only one I want is the solforce pack... and of course its the only one I don't get! :)

Stupid question: What account? Steam account, Paradox account? huh? I am confused! (Also how could any DLC appear in my game without me doing anything, and how is it (the game?) linked to any account in the first place?)

lots of cynicism in here. First Paradox and Kerberos are dispicable pepole for not offering the DLC for free as a recompense for the launch debacle. But now when they actualy DO give all DLCs except the Human one for free, there must be some terrible conspiracy behind it to squeeze yet more money out of us?

Are you just posting on these forums for the sake of hating and spinning hate?

Stupid question: What account? Steam account, Paradox account? huh? I am confused! (Also how could any DLC appear in my game, and how is it linked to any account in the first place?)

Our Steam accounts will have the DLCs automatically. We won't have to do anything as is stated in the OP.

@Alcius: I am sure you'll find that just because something is said by someone, it isn't being said by everyone or necessarily by the same people who said another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.