• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, Manifest Destiny. The joys of having a large, expansionist neighbour with nobody in the neighbourhood to oppose him... well except the British, but they're not really all that concerned are they?

Cheek to call it the liberation of Colorado. At least the USCA joined your side.

Funny you should say that......

The new war

Merry Saturnalia, and here's your present!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Battle commences.

v21v.jpg

:mad:

v22k.jpg

I had about twenty thousand reinforcements on the way in this defensive battle. It finished before they could arrive. Good boy, Salvador.

And then my best attack general dies just before I launch a major offensive.

v23.jpg

Hmmph. The USA is just ungentlemanly.

v24q.jpg

Why do you need that many troops? You're going to win anyway!

v25p.jpg

That's..... not bad. Look at the casualty ratio, remember.

Oh, and I get a CB.

v26f.jpg

Why Nejd, and why now? I've got hardly any navy and no free army.

And why can't I have a general like that one?

v27k.jpg

Right, here's my monsterstack.

v28s.jpg

Another string of battles follow:

v29g.jpg

v210.jpg

Looking just at the battles, you probably think I'm winning this war. i'm not. The plains are simply too wide for me to form any kind of defensive strongholds. When I formed in the east and the west they attacked in the midwest. When I stripped troops for the east to reinforce the midwest the attacked me in the east. They've managed to force my entire army into the west. Probably the only way I can stop them is by pulling my whole army back to where Mexico narrows. But my pride is at stake and I lok for anything I can do to avoid that. And I find it.

v211.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! [overreaction/]

v212.jpg

It's a whole two weeks until I can call them into the war. But it's a good two weeks.....

v213.jpg

Then, finally, finally...

v214y.jpg

Okay, there in a little bit of trouble themselves at the moment

v215.jpg

But theres a 21k stack and 45k stack bearing down on the USA already. Let's see what I can do...

Hooray! The British are coming! That should teach those damned Americans.

The Canadians will save the day! And all is as it should be...

The British are Coming! The British are Coming!

Okay, so you've got the Americans all tied up here, and Britain should be swarming Northern USA in a while, so I would just hold out until you see British start to occupy American provinces, then storm as much of the South as you can and see if you can't get any soldier-supplying regions?

I really hope your alliance doesn't blow up in your face -- I could just see them calling you into their war against the French.

A Felix Saturnalia to you as well! :)

Always a pain when you're playing the USA and Mexico has an alliance with Great Britain. But seeing as we're on the Mexican side, I can see North America becoming a little more green.

Excuse my ignorance, but are you using a mod, or is this just what the newer patches look like?

I'm using 1.4 beta patch (I'm not even sure it's the last one) and the Great War mod, which makes sure everything ends with a nice big bang. :)

A well timed alliance to be sure! Although I do still think you were holding out pretty well without their aid, this should definetly tip things in your favour.

I come in to this update with the united Kingdom forming an alliance with me. To guve them some help, I decide to call in the cavalry.

v21b.jpg

Alright, they're a bit battered, but you can't have everything. Anyway, better troops will soon be available.

v22p.jpg

My armies (which as I mentioned last time, are all in the west), have to converge for a battle royale. which I lose along with 1.2 warscore. Sorry about the lack of screen.

v24hi.jpg

Which I lose along with 1.2 warscore. Sorry about the lack of screen.

But as consolation, Britain occupies their first US province!

v25gp.jpg

They also decide to end Avindian's fears of Mexico being called into a war with France.

v26t.jpg

And also they don't want this war anymore.

v27r.jpg

The UK is my warleader so this take me out of the war too. Oh well. See you next time!

Ouch. Well, thats the problem with being the junior partner in a war.

A bit annoying but probably no terrible thing that the war has ended in a white peace. Is it possible for you to prey upon another nation to gain some land whilst you are at peace with America?

A bit annoying but probably no terrible thing that the war has ended in a white peace. Is it possible for you to prey upon another nation to gain some land whilst you are at peace with America?

Well his only other neighbour is the USCA, and IIRC that's either in Mexico's sphere or close to bring in Mexico's sphere.

Loved the name-dropping :) Another really good update; good wars are (at least for me) hard to come by in Vicky 2, which is why I loved your series with the USA and I look forward to more.

If I were you, I'd start getting ready for the American Civil War. With the 5 year truce, you should be able to build an army big enough to wipe out the USA. And then maybe the Confederacy. :ninja:

Very entertaining and well played AAR. Consider me subscribed! Looks like this back and forth will go on until the Civil War. But then what? :O

If I were you, I'd start getting ready for the American Civil War. With the 5 year truce, you should be able to build an army big enough to wipe out the USA. And then maybe the Confederacy. :ninja:

One step at a time mate. One step at a time.

The next five years

The next five years progress smoothly. I reform my mish-mash army into four-square units (two gurad units, one cavalry and one artillery). This process does take up plenty of time, but the reforms are all done by the end of the update.

Speaking of reforms:

v21n.jpg

The Liberals have been rising since the start of the game and this gives them the necessary clout, by far, to do this:

v22sw.jpg

I then get a brand new culture tech:

v23w.jpg

Yep, those are the ones with up to 20 prestige for their two inventions. That's one big reward.

And I get a casus belli....

v24c.jpg

on the USA, no less. Perfectly timed too, because..

v25r.jpg

The CSA has seceded! Admittdly the borders are a little weird:

v26w.jpg

But a anyway, why let that get in the way of a perfectly good war?

v27j.jpg

I decide against using my CB in this war for the simple reason that there is actually only one state I border, Idaho, which needs a whopping 42 warscore. That's the equivalent of ocuupying forty-two percent of the USA. No thanks!

v28f.jpg

v29c.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next update will be the state of mexica. Stay tuned!