+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: A Welshman's Quest for Doritos

Accept Colorado.
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Is this foreshadowing or a prediction?
    Prediction.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Honestly, I never find humiliation to be all that useful a war goal; Cut Down to Size, yes, but not really humiliation. Therefore, I say go ahead and take Colorado, especially if regular infantry will soon be available. Maybe try to find a powerful friend?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by hygge0302 View Post
    Accept Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Honestly, I never find humiliation to be all that useful a war goal; Cut Down to Size, yes, but not really humiliation. Therefore, I say go ahead and take Colorado, especially if regular infantry will soon be available. Maybe try to find a powerful friend?
    I already have accepted the peace deal
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Always good to acquire a colony from a rival power. Now just to wait until the civil war. It definitely would be something if you could conquer the entire USA.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    What... What's happening? My skin is turning from white to tan... My accent is shifting... I can no longer...

Hola, como estas? Usted hable Espanol?

Yuo fool! You've changed historica! I am a Mexicano!
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2

Great AAR! And, at least compared to me, you're awesome Victorian, carry on.

And great comment, Prince of Savoy, actually made me laugh.
    "Die Landesfarben sind Schwarz-Gold"

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Very well done against America, I'd take Colorado and leave things at that for now. It is a great result at this point and you can always return and gain some further lands from America in the future.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

I wish I could confidently fight back the US like that as Mexico.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Amazing handling with the wars against the US of A. Couldn't have done it better myself
    His Imperial Majesty, Heavenly Sovereign of the State of Japan, 124th in His Line, in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920
    Formerly Daniel Palomino (1881--1963); Chilean Liberal, Senator, Admiral, and 13th President of the Chilean Republic, and
    Formerly Sebastian Hidalgo (1847--1913); Chilean Nationalist, Fascist, General, and Statesman of the New Chilean State

----
    [18:32:01] <etranger01> At best I can hope for Lesser Satan status
    [21:25:41] <Frymon-[Mailbox]> Obama's policy abroad is like sitting in a corner eating glue

The first news is good news, as they donít say....

Ten years of toil have finally got what they wanted for Mexico. And apart from a scare in early 1848 when Belguim overtook me, my top eight standing looked solid throughout the rest of this update.

I start to reap the gains of this with the start of my SOI.

The USCA has kindly agreed to become the first member of my Sphere, and promptly allies with me as well. I accept, as insurance for if I drop out of the top eight.

I reach another significant milestone in May 1850, breaking the 'ten barrier'.

This means I can research any Level One tech in less than year. See, Mexico isn't such a backwater!

The USA agrres with me, and decides it needs cores on my territory. Thanks a lot!

Also, the crapitalist boom has started... take a look.

Fantastic. Just like my budget.

I eventually decide to do something about this, and my adjustments show just how big my military budget is.

The only change I made was to military spending, which is still over 70%.

The crapitalists don't take my example to heart, and only get worse.

In protest some political parties form.

The original Liberal party still exists.

And suprise, suprise, here they come again.

Okay, it was a little more than five years. You can't have everything.

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Shame about Crapitalists. That's the problem with democracy.
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Ah, Manifest Destiny. The joys of having a large, expansionist neighbour with nobody in the neighbourhood to oppose him... well except the British, but they're not really all that concerned are they?

Cheek to call it the liberation of Colorado. At least the USCA joined your side.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

You are up to 25 brigades in one of those updates, how is America doing in comparison? Annoying that they continue to attack you but if you can just keep nibbling away at them it won't be long before the tables are turned.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Resistir a los estadounidneses!

(Resist the Americans!)
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

If you don't like capitalists, abolish them and form a proletarian dictatorship (worked for me)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    If you cancel the canned food (and maybe the fabric) factories, I don't see what's so bad about the factories your capitalists are building. Be grateful they're even building something.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

If you cancel the canned food (and maybe the fabric) factories, I don't see what's so bad about the factories your capitalists are building. Be grateful they're even building something.
    Actually I'm need lots of canned food for my national stockpile, so that's fine. The factories aren't closing because they are unprofitable, they're closing because there a no (and I mean no) workers to work in them.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Actually I'm need lots of canned food for my national stockpile, so that's fine. The factories aren't closing because they are unprofitable, they're closing because there a no (and I mean no) workers to work in them.
    Then shouldn't you be promoting craftsmen to work in them?
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Then shouldn't you be promoting craftsmen to work in them?
    I am, but it's hard when you've only got one NF and there's about 56 factories being built at any one time with no craftsmen in the state.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast