• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a great idea for an AAR, and I fully support your burgeoning quest.

Good stuff and good gains from a tricky war with the US. Once you have the RPs flowing and sort out your economy you should be more than strong enough to lock horns with the US once again in the future. I'll be following this.

Sorry, about the long time the update has taken - homework is a bitch.

Freedom of Trade is an awesome tech for anyone who hasn't got it.

I would have white peaced out against the US; I would have never been able to capture Louisiana from them. You'll get another chance in the 1860s though.

With your military slider at 100% you should get lots of soldiers.

The military slider and FoT are incredible.There one of the few reasons ....CENSORED DUE TO SPOILERS

Good win, even if luck played a part.

Although, it's better to be lucky than good.

Some people make their own luck. I'm not one of them. :)

Congrats on betaing back the US menace. Be prepared to do so several times into the future!

Oh how right you were.....

With the peace , it's time to build the economy now!

That's the plan!

These people have said most of what needs to be said, but you should research the techs that get you more RPs. You want more education efficiency so you can bring your literacy up. That means biologism. Make a beeline for it, only stopping to get essential techs like steam engines and the +50% RP techs.

I've followed your advice, going for Malthusian Thought and then Idealism, which surprisingly only has one of it's inventions 'invented' anywhere.

Congratulations on a very successful war. Now comes the difficult prospect of preparing for the next declaration of war. Diplomatically, try to cosy up with the UK as they're best placed to actually intervene in a war with the United States.

Thanks for the advice. I've been cosying up to the UK all game, and will continue too, but they are very reluctant to form alliances.

This is a great idea for an AAR, and I fully support your burgeoning quest.

Thank you. Your ukranian AAR was one of my inspirations.

Good stuff and good gains from a tricky war with the US. Once you have the RPs flowing and sort out your economy you should be more than strong enough to lock horns with the US once again in the future. I'll be following this.

Glad to see another follower. You might have been a little optimistic, as you'll see below, or you might have been dead-on. We'll see.

Last edited:
The peaceful years

The war is over, it's time to move on....

v21oz.jpg

Unfortunately, industralisation is proving a problem.

v22n.jpg

This the artisans reasons to promote to be capitalists. To give you a quick parse of those numbers, I am losing two percent due to there being no factories and it not being an accepted culture pop (Mexican is primary culture, there are none accepted). I obviously can't solve the no factories problem until I get some capis, and there are no Mexican pops with enough literacy to actually make an improvement.

So, basically, I can't promote artisans to capis, right? Actually no, I just can't do it without an NF. My NF then becomes available, after Colorado joins our great country. About time too.

Oh, and apparrently the US wants to make friends again.

v23no.jpg

The CB gods, have other ideas, of course. Why wouldn't they?

v25pt.jpg

Unfortunately, the truce is still going on, and the situation hasn't really changed the much since I WPed out.

Well, except loads of people want to ally with me.

v27d.jpg

I accept, because why not?

And ooh, politics has arrived in Mexico...

v28l.jpg

Partido Conservador are the ruling party, and no doubt will be hoping to retain that. Will they?

v29zv.jpg

Yes. Without the State Capitalist party getting a seat. Oh well.

v210m.jpg

What's this random pic here, I hear you ask? That's my very bad attempt at showing that the US have colonized Colorado. Sorry.

Still, here's some good news for me, here.....

v211jh.jpg

Figured I might as well get the boost.

For people who were wondering, here's my budget. Remember this was in the red earlier? A lot has changed.

v214.jpg

As you can see, no body in Mexico is starving, education and military spending are at 100%, tariffs are at zero, and I am still bringing in a whacking great surplus of £71 pounds a day! That's nearly £26,000 a year! Quite a turnaround. Just shows the effect of Freedom of Trade, I suppose. Well, and gold, which is bringing in £60 of that £70 a day.

In addition, my industry is starting to grow too....

v215.jpg

There was a brief period where this started losing money due to an oversupply of cement, but for some reason that stopped after all of two weeks, and now it's a goodly-sized surplus. Strange.

Anyhow, my education system becomes more efficient.

v216.jpg

The clergy will like this, I'm sure.

Now everything's going fine, the title's appropriate, and then suddenly.....

v217.jpg

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Imperialist American pig-dogs, put them to the sword!!

Also, i thought you should only put education and admin sliders to a max of 80% because the rest is 'wasted'? can't quite remember why, but i'm sure someone here will know. something to do with converting artisans back to clergy maybe. . . ?

It used to be that if the sliders were above 80%, the clergy and bureaucrats would be so rich they'd promote into aristocrats and capitalists. They fixed this in a patch.

Maxing out the education slider is important as it speed up the rate at which you gain literacy. For a low literacy country such as Mexico this is extremely important.

The US declaration of war is an annoyance, but not a surprise. I hope you were building up your army during the truce.

Hey, you haven't evem seen the next chapter!

Sounds as though things went well then, I hope so anyway! Good to see your economy is on a far more stable footing, annoying about Colorado though. Still, hopefully you can defeat America and gain it via conquest!

Sounds as though things went well then, I hope so anyway! Good to see your economy is on a far more stable footing, annoying about Colorado though. Still, hopefully you can defeat America and gain it via conquest!

Uh, no. Sorry.

Have you taken the opportunity to change your irregulars to infantry? If not, and if the US army is stronger than yours, it might be a good idea to pull back from the border and let attrition work its magic on them, before facing them on favourable terrain (although that +3 attack general makes a strong case for offensive action, before he dies randomly). But it looks like you're doing fine, so far, on both the political and technological fronts (not having seen the next update)!

Hold your ground! Not one step backwards!!
(Very good AAR, can't wait to see what new levels you'll take Mexico to!)

Good job! I have not tried this myself, but one way of weakening the US could be to force them to release Deseret or Manhattan Commune. This might not be feasible as of yet, but perhaps in a few wars time? ;)

Good job! I have not tried this myself, but one way of weakening the US could be to force them to release Deseret or Manhattan Commune. This might not be feasible as of yet, but perhaps in a few wars time? ;)

Isn't Deseret entirely in Mexico's territory at this point?

We just want your Colorados! :3

Vive Mexico!

Okay. First bit of bad news is Columbia. You remember I formed an alliance with them last time? Well, that was pretty pointless, since.....

v21r.jpg

They are in the USA's sphere, and can't help me. Looking on the bright side. they don't DOW me either. Oh well. I'll get troops from over areas.

v22h.jpg

The USA have learned from their mistakes last time and engange with me before my reserves reach the frontline.

v23k.jpg

Some reinforcements do arrive, but not enough.

v24r.jpg

Still, the casualty ratio looks quite. Implies my troops are marginally better than theirs.

v25i.jpg

Of course, if they keep sending stacks like that at me then I'm done for.

Again, the casualty ratio is fantastic, although I did have the advantage of mountains.

v26w.jpg

So, I can still win this. Probably.

v27z.jpg

Where in the world did they come from?

The battle itself isn't actually too bad.

v28a.jpg

Three thousand troops down the drain. If I'm going to win this war, I need a new plan.

v29.jpg

Above, you can see it. The general, Felix, has a +4 attack. His only other effect if -20morale, so I not going to use him for anything else, but he's perfect for this job. We're going in.

v210.jpg

That's a casualty ratio of 669 to 39, or 17 to 1. Which means, if this battle were to carry on until the USA army was destroyed, it would last another 18 days, and I would lose only seven hundred troops, compared to the US's ten thousand. Now there's numbers I like!

v211s.jpg

This shows an even better result for me (I won't bore you with the figures this time) and...

v212.jpg

I got warscore!

I pursue them into Pueblo, and beat them again.

v213s.jpg

I leave some troops to occupy Pueblo, and attack Denver.

v214.jpg

And beat them for good in Wichita.

v215t.jpg

I'm thinking of continuing this hit and run idea, siegeing enemy provinces in the hope that they divide their forces and then take out smaller armies.
Any thoughts?