• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just to stress this, this not becoming an interactive AAR. Quite definitely.

If they're offering White Peace, that could mean they're close to being defeated. I'd capitalize on it and just grab as much as you can without going over the infamy limit.

If they're offering White Peace, that could mean they're close to being defeated. I'd capitalize on it and just grab as much as you can without going over the infamy limit.

I agree. Only wimps offer white peace. Show no mercy!

I'll sign up on the landgrabbing suggestion, or at least a humiliation of sorts.

Better break the gringos' legs properly before they kick back. There will always be war as long as you hold on to Texas. A white peace now means another pointless war in 5-10 years.

Doritos are from Texas, Dallas to be exact.

I would just like to point out that Doritos, like the integrated circuit, were invented in Dallas, Texas. If your quest was for Doritos, that "eyesore" should've been your nation of choice.

Oh and keep the pressure up on the US; I think Colorado and Kansas would make for some clean boarders.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know: I have conquered Dallas. ;)

Keep fighting. The war isn't costing you anything you can't afford, and everything you can do to weaken them before the Civil War helps. If you can take a state, I would grab the most populous yankee state that borders you. Any land you take from them now is land that won't be providing them with soldiers in five years.

keep up the fight. They're close to breaking. Take some land, Louisiana perhaps?

After advice from you lot this:

v21i.jpg

Is rejected.

And life immediately tries to tell me this was a bad idea.

v22bd.jpg
#

Funny they're still eager to make peace...

v23u.jpg

Rejected. And the rub of the green is mine again.

v24b.jpg

v25mx.jpg

If you ask me, this was bigger victory than the one I got 3.7 score for, simply because that was the the last 20k+ US stack. Well, i thought it was the last stack.

v26f.jpg

Now that needs dealing with.

v27b.jpg

Looking good....

v28ca.jpg

looking better. The war exhaustion looks nice as well - maybe that's why there want to peace out?

Victories, victories, how sweet are these victories [/poetry]

v210l.jpg

Another fantastic casualty ratio. Brilliant.

And this starts to get me excited.

v211.jpg

I decide to check this out.

v212q.jpg

Be still my beating heart!

v213.jpg

Oh. :) Bit of an anticlimaax, that. Oh well. Here's something to cheer me up.

v214.jpg

But that is npothing compared to what my mind works out when it sees this.

v215.jpg

So what, you're probably thinking. I'm one place off the Promised Land. But one of those places is occupied by Lippe-Demtold which (thanks tamius23) can't become a great power because they only have one-state! Which means, in less than six months, I will become a Great Power!

This is when things take a turn for the worse.

v216x.jpg

First a rather prestige-hitting defeat, then a drop in the standings.

v217.jpg

You didn't really expect it to last the distance, did you?

v218n.jpg

Anyhow, i get back to deal with one of the annoying US stacks that seem to rebuilt by magic (this could be a serious blow to the war effort) and.......

v219.jpg

It is crushed.

In other news, the NGF formed.

Well the US has enough soldier pops to reinforce divisions that flee a losing battle. What you need to do is destroy the whole organized army so they have to raise new divisions, then defeat those by standing on 'their' recruitment province. [edit:] but I think you're already doing that?

Well the US has enough soldier pops to reinforce divisions that flee a losing battle. What you need to do is destroy the whole organized army so they have to raise new divisions, then defeat those by standing on 'their' recruitment province. [edit:] but I think you're already doing that?

I fail to see how he'd have gotten this far by not doing that.

I second calls for Mexico to go the distance, and hopefully take some land from the US in the process. I'd advise against taking any future CSA states, doing so might save you some trouble in the future.

The war ends

Typically, i like to open with victory. The game (thanks!) has decided to oblige.

v21xp.jpg

Nice and big, with 4 to 1 casualty ratio. Unfortunately, my attempt to surround the survivors was rather easily destroyed.

v22sl.jpg

Oh well. But that victory means I have 14 warscore. And so... I add a wargoal.

v23t.jpg

I'd thought about humiliation, but went for this instead. And also, I have climbed to 8th in the GP rakings! Mexico has reached the promised land! Well, nearly.

v24x.jpg

Another victory, and this persuades the USA to sue for peace....

v25q.jpg

Should I, or should I not? I'm unlikely to get enough warscore for another wargoal, and peace will give me chance to rebuild my armies and upgrade them to infantry (the markets have finally made Small Arms available). So I agree, and the war is over. For five more years.