Magicka - The Stars are Left Q&A!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
As you probably know by now everybody’s favorite magical multiplayer massacre is taking on an all-new adventure in Magicka: The Stars are Left.

Now you've got the chance to ask any questions you may have about the expansion.

Why ‘Stars are Left’? What is the expansion about? Will Vlad mess it all up? Ask Magicka Game Director Johan Pilestedt & Paradox Producer Shams Jorjani almost anything and we’ll make a Q&A video of it. Go go go bananas!

starsareleft.jpg

Well, the very first question you've already asked: "why `stars are left'?" Any particular reason for that name, or was it a random word generator? ;)

Also, can you go pineapples instead of bananas?

Will we visit R'lyeh?
Are you going to be adding a sanity system to the game or are the wizards insane enough already?
What shade is the colour out of space?
I assume "the stars are left" is a play on "the stars are right" meaning either "the stars are aligned correctly" or that you play steve jackson games :) Do you play steve jackson games?

Could I have the TINIEST in game reference?

On a serious note, would there be a bit more in-game depth? What I mean is will there be puzzles which need to be solved - think Prince of Persia ( Not the 4th one, it's an abomination of the series!" and perhaps a bit more of an RPG feel with an inventory? Not necessarily major in game, but will there be anything like that?

To be honest I'd like a villain who would try to prove Vlad is a vampire.

But that's impossible. Vlad is *NOT* a Vampire. But yes, will we see more of extra pale human Vlad?

What will the new magicks and robes do?
Will there be an 'M.C.Escher style' perspective breaking room?
Will Cuthulu actualy feature in the story? If so will we fight him?
Will there be a minecraft steve out fit?

Are you going to bring back poison?
Are you, instead of doing the above, turn the "G" button into a ninth element that varies for different robes?
Are you going to make fun of karma meters?

I just wanna know if the wizard school is gonna be explorable and hell i would love it to be a chat lobby for magicka PVP/Challange etc.
walk around the school talk to other players and ask if people want join a party then you get a room with interactive Points of intrest like the chalk board could have a pull down map that shows quests avalible from each player and you can continue them or you can do challange mode quests where they have higher skill ranking or even set up a 2v2 or free for all PVP arena. also you can invite anyone to the room and particpents can pick who hosts and who plays aswell as spectator modes.

this is wishful thinking i know, but i'd love to see server lobbys too. Servers are saved on your keychain that you can edit in the keyroom, (enter IP and give it a name to make a key) these keys can be traded to other players in the lobby some keys will be enchanted so they need a password to use them. blah i don't know why i thought of it but hell it sounds cool.

i would love to see more of an RPG style play this time around more interactive NPCs etc, I want Multiplayer to be user friendly and also have the lobby as a kind of mini game so people are given insentive to play together. like have arrowhead staff come on to the lobbys as head wizards once in a while to give away unique DLC for events they anounce on the forums and home page of the game (ie that book that lags some people with poor systems)

idk i just want to see more fun and more incentive to play together + make new magicka buddehs